Miami Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Well of course, they won't be "driving on busses", they'll be riding on the busses.  Only one guy can drive.  Full disclosure, the busses may have stopped off at ABIA to board an aeroplane to take to the skies.  

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well of course, they won't be "driving on busses", they'll be riding on the busses.  Only one guy can drive.  Full disclosure, the busses may have stopped off at ABIA to board an aeroplane to take to the skies.  

One of 'dem "flyin' machines"?  Well, tarnation!  Lulz.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, salonghorn said:

Based on the weather forecast of heavy rain through the weekend, they may be paddling the bus

Looks like usual Floridian summer weather - hot and muggy mornings with afternoon/evening storms. Luckily baseball games are never scheduled for afternoons and evenings!

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Some dipshit tried to book a 3pm meeting on my calendar for tomorrow.
Declined.
I reserve the right to email the dude back and ask if he wants to have the meeting if our bullpen is fucking walking everyone around 3pm.

If that's the case then keep the meeting cancelled and meet me at Salsa Limón for tacos and tequila because I will have been kicked out of WoB by that point.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Guess they don't want the 512 reading their shit. 

Spoiler

You have to be brave to open a taqueria in Austin.

Particularly three blocks north of a landmark Torchy’s.

“Hey, all of Texas is competitive for tacos,” said Ramiro “Milo” Ramirez, founder of the Salsa Limón restaurants that have expanded to a location near the University of Texas.

“If you’re slinging tacos in Texas — this whole state is like the Formula One for tacos, and you’re in the race.” 

Salsa Limón “Lupita” — for its address, 3001 Guadalupe St. — has been open nearly a year, long enough to develop a four-star rating on social media and a busy Uber Eats trade.

In fact, Salsa Limón has proven to travel well from its Fort Worth home, where four locations cover downtown, the west and south side.

The busiest Salsa location of all is in Dallas at 411 N. Akard St., Ramirez said. 

“We have a robust fan base,” he said. “Dallas loves Salsa Limón.”

Austin is warming up, and a planned menu update will help. 

Salsa soon will add birria, chilaquiles rojos, potato tacos and burritos, new salads and also a vegan guiso, Martinez said.

The new items appeal to Austin college students’ demand for plant-based cooking, but they’ll be added at all stores. 

When Salsa Limón opened to stay in 2010, it was a food truck bringing real tacos and habanero salsa to college students across West Berry Street from the original Fuzzy’s.

Now, the newest location is challenging a Torchy’s for college dominance in the North Campus neighborhood inside a former Steel City Pops.

“We serve simple, flavorful, consistent food,” Ramirez said.

Without naming Torchy’s, he said: “A lot of places go over the top. That’s not what we do.” 

The list of favorite items at Salsa has grown longer over the years.

In the beginning, there was the El Capitán, with steak, cheese, pickled cabbage, onion and cilantro in double corn tortillas or flour. 

Diners love to order something simple, change the ingredients and then pour on the salsas: tomatillo, jalapeno, chile piquin and habanero. 

Now, the chicken Capitán is just as popular. And there’s El Campeón, a burrito with a choice of meat, beans, rice and an egg, plus onion and cilantro.

In response to demand, Salsa also will add a bean-and-cheese burrito.

“More people just want the beans,” Martinez said. “Our beans are great.”

There’s also a full bar with margaritas, micheladas, mimosas and cocktails, along with wine and beer. 

IMG-0883.jpg

limon(3)

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Homesickhorn said:

Keep in mind that Ole Miss wild carded their way into the Gables Regional last year. They shocked the nation. I say hang onto it, but that’s just me.

Your emotional scars from the 1991 Cotton Bowl might not be as severe as mine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Guess they don't want the 512 reading their shit. 

Reveal hidden contents

You have to be brave to open a taqueria in Austin.

Particularly three blocks north of a landmark Torchy’s.

“Hey, all of Texas is competitive for tacos,” said Ramiro “Milo” Ramirez, founder of the Salsa Limón restaurants that have expanded to a location near the University of Texas.

“If you’re slinging tacos in Texas — this whole state is like the Formula One for tacos, and you’re in the race.” 

Salsa Limón “Lupita” — for its address, 3001 Guadalupe St. — has been open nearly a year, long enough to develop a four-star rating on social media and a busy Uber Eats trade.

In fact, Salsa Limón has proven to travel well from its Fort Worth home, where four locations cover downtown, the west and south side.

The busiest Salsa location of all is in Dallas at 411 N. Akard St., Ramirez said. 

“We have a robust fan base,” he said. “Dallas loves Salsa Limón.”

Austin is warming up, and a planned menu update will help. 

Salsa soon will add birria, chilaquiles rojos, potato tacos and burritos, new salads and also a vegan guiso, Martinez said.

The new items appeal to Austin college students’ demand for plant-based cooking, but they’ll be added at all stores. 

When Salsa Limón opened to stay in 2010, it was a food truck bringing real tacos and habanero salsa to college students across West Berry Street from the original Fuzzy’s.

Now, the newest location is challenging a Torchy’s for college dominance in the North Campus neighborhood inside a former Steel City Pops.

“We serve simple, flavorful, consistent food,” Ramirez said.

Without naming Torchy’s, he said: “A lot of places go over the top. That’s not what we do.” 

The list of favorite items at Salsa has grown longer over the years.

In the beginning, there was the El Capitán, with steak, cheese, pickled cabbage, onion and cilantro in double corn tortillas or flour. 

Diners love to order something simple, change the ingredients and then pour on the salsas: tomatillo, jalapeno, chile piquin and habanero. 

Now, the chicken Capitán is just as popular. And there’s El Campeón, a burrito with a choice of meat, beans, rice and an egg, plus onion and cilantro.

In response to demand, Salsa also will add a bean-and-cheese burrito.

“More people just want the beans,” Martinez said. “Our beans are great.”

There’s also a full bar with margaritas, micheladas, mimosas and cocktails, along with wine and beer. 

IMG-0883.jpg

limon(3)

That place looks overpriced. 

20 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Keep in mind that Ole Miss wild carded their way into the Gables Regional last year. They shocked the nation. I say hang onto it, but that’s just me.

You must be lost. This is a regional that Texas is playing in. We don't give a fuck we just show up and make Omaha. 

Why did this turn into a Salsa Limon thread? I feel like I need to eat an El Capitan tomorrow for good luck.

Miami = lots of Cubans. Cubans don't like Mexicans.

Austin = lots of Mexicans. Mexicans = Mexican food. We like Mexican food. Salsa Limón = pretty damn good Mexican food. Good Mexican food > Cajun food. Which means we are going to kick the shit out of Louisiana. And Miami.

13 hours ago, TornACL said:

Some dipshit tried to book a 3pm meeting on my calendar for tomorrow.

Declined.

I reserve the right to email the dude back and ask if he wants to have the meeting if our bullpen is fucking walking everyone around 3pm.

Anyone who books afternoon meetings on Friday is an asshole. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Miami = lots of Cubans. Cubans don't like Mexicans.

Austin = lots of Mexicans. Mexicans = Mexican food. We like Mexican food. Salsa Limón = pretty damn good Mexican food. Good Mexican food > Cajun food. Which means we are going to kick the shit out of Louisiana. And Miami.

vancouver-canucks-zack-macewen.gif

• Haha 1

Just looked at the radar now and for the afternoon hour by hour for Coral Gables and 1PM looks good.

2PM  to 4PM not so much but after that it looks ok for whatever that is worth.

https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/Coral+Gables+FL?canonicalCityId=b93811f39ac8fb241bfeed09494667be326b3144f915009a762e081f3b20015d