Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

O'Dowd K'd, but he had the best at bat so far.  Sat on the first 2 breaking balls, let the FB go, fought off the change up...and then his approach on the last FB was correct (just fighting it off to get to the next pitch)...he just swung at a ball.

If they'll all do that, then this guy has 2 more innings left and we'll have a 3 run lead.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, troph said:

Is his rocking back and forth a form of masturbation ? I’ve heard for some weird kinda people rocking back and forth is self soothing. I’m genuinely curious 

Would this make you feel better or worse about our approach at the plate?

Just now, texastroubadour said:

EK stranded again. Three punch outs 

I fully understand why EK is batting so late, we need his bat to break up the bottom 3 all being sub .250 hitters.   But damn, either he clears the bases, or he gets stranded.  no in-between this weekend. 

I fully understand why EK is batting so late, we need his bat to break up the bottom 3 all being sub .250 hitters.   But damn, either he clears the bases, or he gets stranded.  no in-between this weekend. 

ODowd is not sub 250.

And he’s batting 6th because he has pop, strikes out a lot, doesn’t take pitches and doesn’t walk.

2 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Surprised we aren't running more with as much off speed stuff as he's throwing too.  If he has 1 or 2 strikes and has just thrown a fastball, I'd have them running since the changeup in the dirt is coming. 

Yeah surprised EK didn’t run now that you say it 

Gotta get this kid out 

Stanford hitters have basically been told "if you see spin, do not swing."  The zone is so tight and with LBJ's 6-12 movement, if it's spinning, they know it'll be below the zone and they're laying off.  Very good coaching and good plate discipline.  Gotta give them credit for that.