Donald Trump indicted (again), the 1000% apolitical news thread (again)

Beau Vine

Is Donald Trump being indicted for espionage (among other things) a relevant Current Events topic?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Is Donald Trump being indicted for espionage (among other things) a relevant Current Events topic?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/23 at 06:51 PM

• 2 weeks later...

TooCR, AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!  You can't just have a list of people convicted in federal court, that's not news.  Oh wait.  

My favorite part is how Ted continues to flip the pages in his binder but he never really looks down at it.  He's making the point to the smart people watching, "I can basically just say any name and ask if they were convicted and I'm 99% sure they were.  That's where we're at as a country grasping at excuses and conspiracy theories to explain away a binder full of convicts as a political witch hunt."

I know 35% of America thinks this is all theater, I don't care about them anymore.  What I do care about is continuing to display to the rest of the planet that the Rule of Law still means something here and it can eventually come for anyone.  That's good for trade, for diplomacy, for economies, for sharing ideas/information, good for science, good for space travel, good for tourism, good for learning, and good for trans-oceanic ass.  If you think this is all being done to convince you that you backed the wrong horse, you're incorrect.  This is us hanging on to being the world's reserve currency and model for judicial systems around the globe.  Doesn't help your guy made it super fucking easy for them.   

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw a news alert pop up about this but I don't really know the implications about it. So, would I be understanding correctly if I took this to mean that in addition to the charges he is facing for stealing ultra top secret classified shit and showing it off/storing it in random places throughout his club, he is likely to be indicted for more charges related to the Jan 6 assault on the capitol?

The big news is also DC federal court is completely different from federal district court in Florida which is different from muni court in Georgia or New York County.  That’s four separate cases/trials.  All with wildly different calendars and pre-trial logistics and steps.  

NoCR, again a test of our judicial system before the world.  Even WWII didn’t disrupt our primary/convention/nomination process for major party candidates for POTUS.  But the world is going to watch us shake up our own process, of our own accord, to work around these four legal proceedings.  That will echo throughout trade, diplomacy, borrowing, defense, etc.  now that is news.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, too CR!  

Do I get on here and say that it's not political, it's just news to the country that if these cases go forward-there may be violence?  Because I haven't said that.  Many people are saying that, but I'm not one of them.  Would it be news if there was massive American on American violence as a result of these legal proceedings moving forward?  I would think that would qualify as DT news if we entered into such a intra-border landscape.  But I am assured by top constitutional minds on here, that it's too political to discuss.  It is not newsworthy that Americans avenge perceived slights against them via violence.  

I didn't start talk of "it would be too dangerous for the country for us to continue down this legal road" Wasn't me.  Wasn't anybody else on here.  If you country is about to tile into dangerous turmoil, I think that's newsworthy.  Many of you do not.  That's fine.  That's where I come in.  Ginning up stupid people to act out violently is something of a hobby of mine.  Let the games begin...  

23 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Do I get on here and say that it's not political, it's just news to the country that if these cases go forward-there may be violence?

And yet somehow the only violence was on January 6th a few years ago, even though he kept telling everybody that would listen that he had the election stolen. And after that violent episode, hundreds and hundreds of his followers are now in the finding out stages, complete with prison sentences, felony records, lost jobs, broken relationships, lost businesses, etc. 

Most of them have moved on with their lives. I don't know why you think they will give a shit three and a half years later and try and start something now. They didn't care about the NYC booking, they didn't care about the Florida booking.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Meh, too CR!  

Do I get on here and say that it's not political, it's just news to the country that if these cases go forward-there may be violence?  Because I haven't said that.  Many people are saying that, but I'm not one of them.  Would it be news if there was massive American on American violence as a result of these legal proceedings moving forward?  I would think that would qualify as DT news if we entered into such a intra-border landscape.  But I am assured by top constitutional minds on here, that it's too political to discuss.  It is not newsworthy that Americans avenge perceived slights against them via violence.  

I didn't start talk of "it would be too dangerous for the country for us to continue down this legal road" Wasn't me.  Wasn't anybody else on here.  If you country is about to tile into dangerous turmoil, I think that's newsworthy.  Many of you do not.  That's fine.  That's where I come in.  Ginning up stupid people to act out violently is something of a hobby of mine.  Let the games begin...  

Hey man. This is a news thread about serious non political news. If you want to drag your balls all over some political news do it in the cloak room. Leave these nice people to shame hump on their own. 

Edited by NAVY
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Not newsworthy.  Every Western Democratic-Republic Superpower has former Heads of State indicted in four separate trials in four separate judicial venues, OKAY?

This is like a long weekend in Honduras or North Macedonia.  You know?  our political peer group.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Not newsworthy.  Every Western Democratic-Republic Superpower has former Heads of State indicted in four separate trials in four separate judicial venues, OKAY?

This is like a long weekend in Honduras or North Macedonia.  You know?  our political peer group.

Wait....you think we're peers with Honduras?  Ain't you got some delusions of grandeur.  

Uh, noCR, but "We won every state by hundreds of thousands of votes"?  Da fuh? 

One of the things I like about DT forum is there's a wealth of expertise and knowledge and life experience on here.  Whereby you can ask a question that can easily google, but invariably not only will you get the right answer from a surly poster...but also get some additional color and background on the topic of someone with personal knowledge.  I happen to dabble a bit in maths and history.  Nobody, except from the criminally insane, has ever declared they won every state in a Presidential election.  Even Reagan conceded Minnesota and D.C. in his 1984 landslide as a show of good faith and a rudimentary understanding of how Arabic digits worked.  and then to claim you won them all by hundreds of thousands of votes in each state?  Never mind the states where you not only didn't win by 6-digits, but lost by multiples of 7-digits?  Like that 2-million squeaker in New York or 6-million nail biter in California?  And then the states that don't even have "hundreds of thousands of voters" in aggregate, let alone as a delta between you and your competitor.  

I know there's worthless college degrees out there right now so as to focus on STEM fields.  But maybe for 10 minutes, can we ask our leaders to have clue fucking one about how numbers work?  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Mark fucking Meadows told the Secret Service that Pence was in danger:

image.png.fb25c0cff1e7583365309d8aa5b98be9.png

Because, while the DOJ likely will never be able to cobble enough together enough proof to indict, anyone with a lick of sense knows what the alternate plan was: a conspiracy to assassinate the Vice President of the United States.  "Hang Mike Pence" was a strategy that came from WITHIN the White House, not some third party.

• Hook 'Em 3

Mark Meadows, perhaps the person closest to Trump was not named as a co-conspirator?  

Gee, I can't imagine what possible leverage he'd have to avoid prosecution.  

If you experience irritable bowel syndrome or acute constipation when thinking of what Mark Meadows may have said to prosecutors, please consult your doctor.  'Cause this shit is about to get much, much worse.  Not only does he know where all the bodies are buried, he can show you how they got dug up and fucked necrophilia style by these other 6 all-star geniuses.  Holy shit.  Gonna be real hard to paint this as a too-CR/political witch-hunt when the guy at the front of the mob with the biggest pitchfork is the lead defendant's most trusted friend on Planet Earth.  And that doesn't include who's gonna trade a prison sentence for a plea deal to testify out of those other 5.  My god, somebody please start an appropriate thread on an appropriate forum so I can watch some of y'all explain this away as the work of a Mister Ronan Sinatra. 

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Mark Meadows, perhaps the person closest to Trump was not named as a co-conspirator?  
Gee, I can't imagine what possible leverage he'd have to avoid prosecution.  

Turns out those people who keep all their old messages on their phones, as well as screenshots of everything, they know what they are doing.

F1MNaJRX0AAXu1U?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The Vice President's Chief of Staff alerted the Secret Service.  That is Marc Short, not Mark Meadows.  

that awkward moment in the proud history of our Constitutional Republic when you can't remember which high-ranking Mark called in the assassination plans brewing around the sitting Vice President because there were like 137 people in on it.    what a glorious day this must be for some of you.  

• Like 1

Turns out those people who keep all their old messages on their phones, as well as screenshots of everything, they know what they are doing.
F1MNaJRX0AAXu1U?format=jpg&name=small

Bingo. I don’t delete any material emails/messages. Not a one. IT used to get on me, I told em “archive em if you want, but don’t delete anything.” And mind you, I’m not dealing with people accused of crimes or anything like that.
But some years ago, when we got a letter demanding production of conversations about X, implying I didn’t disclose X to a third party…it was really, really fucking satisfying to do a 90 second email search, put three emails in a folder, so we could say “there ya go, full disclosure of X in writing, fuck off.”
I mean, also, if I WERE to engage in a criminal conspiracy, I wouldn’t take notes on it, because I saw The Wire.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like, seriously, if Trump--the same Trump that we've all laughed at for 40 years--ran as an Independent, every single one of you would consider anyone who voted for him a gullible, conspiracy-loving rube with terrible basic reasoning skills.

But that letter next to a candidate's name is some powerful shit, I guess.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 10:58 PM, Gil Bang said:

Can we all set aside Trump's crimes and stupidity and point and laugh at this silly motherfucker who's going to Miami in August?  Good God man.  Miami is OK for 5 months a year.  August isn't one of those months*

*GF's sister who lives in Coral Gables has already told us to expect her to be in our guest room for most of August, because Miami is a hellscape in August.  I once went there in August for family reasons.  I rented an Impala for $7.00 a day.  I'm not bullshitting. 

Have a place there and it gets zero days usage June-Sept unless there’s the occasional business trip - and then it’s in and out in 2 days.  Talk about miserable.  Give me -5 over 95 w humidity.  

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Do you really believe allegations that Donald Trump of all people would lie and cheat about something like this?

Yeah, pretty easily. It is who he is, who he has always been, and what he has been famous for since the 1980s: All about him first and foremost, and willing to cheat anyone to get there.

You gotta be living in a very strange bubble to believe otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Yeah I remember a partner at my old law firm said she voted for Trump because he was such a good businessman. She was dead serious too.

From a certain perspective he is.  “You are what your record says you are” — Bill Parcells

Trump has sold an amorphous vision and gotten tens of millions of people to write checks to pay for it, knowing nothing will ever show up in the mail, knowing all it will get you is a giant antes of a future email asking for more money.  While I have no desire to do that, I know that if I did, I know I’m not talented enough to do that.