Donald Trump indicted (again), the 1000% apolitical news thread (again)

Beau Vine

Is Donald Trump being indicted for espionage (among other things) a relevant Current Events topic?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Is Donald Trump being indicted for espionage (among other things) a relevant Current Events topic?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/23 at 06:51 PM

For the simulation faithful, do you think we are biological organisms out there in another world and we are plugged into a computer, or do you think our minds are just algorithms/code inside a computer? Could also be a combination - some of us are biological and some of us are code, like non playable characters.  It could be that the mods here are NPCs made by the simulation to test our faith. That explains why they want to confine politics to the politics board.   If you add up all the statistics that makes the most sense and is therefore science.  I’m also pretty sure that our simulation reality is not being processed by the surly horns servers, otherwise it would crash once a day. 

There is a valid point that the only reason we think we are living in a simulation is because we now know what simulations are and we didn't for 99% of our existence.  Then there is the chance that this is all some kinda final test to the above post's point about our faith and determination.  

Then there is the harsh reality in between.  There is something behind all of this that made an overture to let us know it acknowledges us and loves us and wants us to be better.  It is what I choose to believe since I feel it beyond rational thought in my bones.  But a fucking moron tapes himself showing people state secrets pretending it's not a big deal while bragging about what a big deal the nothing burger is, sorry---it's beyond the pale.  I could accept it but for the fact that 25mm actual human beings are about to take up arms because of this illusion.  And I am going to cheer for their death.  And in large part, I am going to get my way.  We are not the most important country, nor the most special people, But this is going to be an insane example of what we are as a civilization.  And a lot of you are going to suffer as a result.  

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I could accept it but for the fact that 25mm actual human beings are about to take up arms because of this illusion. 

No they aren't.   They didn't do it while he was still in the White House in 2020 begging them to help him, and they damned sure aren't going to do it in 2023 because he got nailed for treating super secret classified information with the same attitude that one treats a program from a child's school play. January 6 was the True Believers shooting their shot and ending with a few deaths and hundreds of convictions, lost jobs, etc.. 

June 13, 2023 will be some people with signs live-tweeting and streaming their angst-ridden faces as they bemoan what is happening, while checking to see how many likes and follows they are getting.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Don’t you have a thread where you regale us with your intellectualism? Maybe take it there, thanks.

They need to upgrade your code to distinguish between intellectualism and mockery.  

3 hours ago, axiom of foundation said:

or do you think our minds are just algorithms/code inside a computer?

For me it's closer to this.  I think we are all part of a single consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively.  Here's Tom with the weather.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Treefidy said:

italian marble slab floors and counter… $43,000

Baccarat chandelier and wall sconces… $36,000

Imported mortise door lock…$3,100

$9 shower curtain…. Priceless 

Enough money and you can put your kid into class at the Wharton school at Penn,

but there’s no guarantee Wharton will put class in your kid.

You think Melania's back there taking a shower behind the curtain?

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

For me it's closer to this.  I think we are all part of a single consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively.  Here's Tom with the weather.

If reality as we know it is merely an appearance given by a simulation, then what is behind all appearances?  There must be some ultimate reality at rock bottom.  Do you believe that strange things happen only in our simulation and that no such strangeness happens in that ultimate reality?  I don't think that is possible, because some entity in ultimate reality setting up a simulation just to confuse us conscious computer code beings would be equally bizarre.  

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Not if that entity is just a dick

So ultimate reality having some godlike giant dickhead creating massively elaborate computer simulations with billions of sapient entities is less strange than this reality having its own evil and stupid people?

1 hour ago, axiom of foundation said:

So ultimate reality having some godlike giant dickhead creating massively elaborate computer simulations with billions of sapient entities is less strange than this reality having its own evil and stupid people?

yes

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

yes

Alright.  Seems like a pretty well thought out and consistent mythology.  I wonder if the great programmer in ultimate reality goes by a user name like Zeus or Odin.    

1 hour ago, axiom of foundation said:

Alright.  Seems like a pretty well thought out and consistent mythology.  I wonder if the great programmer in ultimate reality goes by a user name like Zeus or Odin.    

I'm thinking more like Zuul or Gozer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Any chance y'all could shut down the simulation talk? M'kay, thanks.

You've been around long enough to know that this approach has never worked in the history of message boards. 

• Beau Vine changed the title to Donald Trump indicted (again), the 1000% apolitical news thread (again)
On 6/11/2023 at 6:50 AM, Treefidy said:

italian marble slab floors and counter… $43,000

Baccarat chandelier and wall sconces… $36,000

Imported mortise door lock…$3,100

$9 shower curtain…. Priceless 

Enough money and you can put your kid into class at the Wharton school at Penn,

but there’s no guarantee Wharton will put class in your kid.

Yeah but how much were these?

2DB5A8A8-A41F-4DA7-920F-21D3F8034ED8.thumb.jpeg.06ef0ef3f51ca29c009370b951978746.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, axiom of foundation said:

I don't think that is possible, because some entity in ultimate reality setting up a simulation just to confuse us conscious computer code beings would be equally bizarre.  

you are obviously coping with summer boredom and trying to lure some people into telling you "the protestants are not going to be happy with you..."

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2023 at 5:21 PM, hayden_horn said:

whatever. i'm exressing my point of view. 

this is a message board on the internet.

serious fucking business.

i'm not looking for points. i'm just laying out methodology. maybe it's because i spend my days moderating thankless fights between my sons, i dunno, but my patience for "his headline touched me" is very low. i'll just move shit to cloak room. i don't know why yall can't just go there for your politics. it's the weirdest thing.

Because the owners of the site made it unusable for the lulz or the tears or whatever dumb reason

I just don't understand why he lies like this, things that are really easy to find, and his fans just eat it up. I just don't understand.

https://www.koco.com/amp/article/oklahoma-donald-trump-social-media-kevin-stitt-endorses-ron-desantis/44174581

"Governor Kevin Stitt of Oklahoma, who I didn’t know very well, called me before his last election to say he was in BIG trouble and very much needed my Endorsement," Trump wrote. "I LOVE Oklahoma & won 77 out of 77 Counties, something that never happened before. Ronald Reagan was next with 56. Anyway, I gave him my endorsement, he immediately went way up, and won. Now, despite the fact that DeSanctimonious is losing to Biden, & me, Stitt just endorsed him. Wow! He disliked 'the Indians' & my great Senate pick!"

Records show that Mitt Romney won all 77 counties during the 2012 presidential election. The last Democrat to win a county in Oklahoma during a presidential election was Al Gore in 2000.

• Drool 1

30 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I just don't understand why he lies like this, things that are really easy to find, and his fans just eat it up. I just don't understand.

https://www.koco.com/amp/article/oklahoma-donald-trump-social-media-kevin-stitt-endorses-ron-desantis/44174581

"Governor Kevin Stitt of Oklahoma, who I didn’t know very well, called me before his last election to say he was in BIG trouble and very much needed my Endorsement," Trump wrote. "I LOVE Oklahoma & won 77 out of 77 Counties, something that never happened before. Ronald Reagan was next with 56. Anyway, I gave him my endorsement, he immediately went way up, and won. Now, despite the fact that DeSanctimonious is losing to Biden, & me, Stitt just endorsed him. Wow! He disliked 'the Indians' & my great Senate pick!"

Records show that Mitt Romney won all 77 counties during the 2012 presidential election. The last Democrat to win a county in Oklahoma during a presidential election was Al Gore in 2000.

FjjcpkiWYAIoXki.jpg:large

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/11/2023 at 7:35 PM, axiom of foundation said:

Sounds like the bible, minus the computer.

No politics, but this man is going to die in the Summer/Autumn of 2024.  And some of you will be inclined to rise up to defend his honor.  And I encourage you to do so.   Some of you, not many, but a few of you are going to end up murdering one another due to false false bullshit.  And the rest of us are going to laugh and laugh.  Because you're fucking stupid.  I'm dumb.  I do and say dumb shit.  But he's legit stupid.  He does stupid shit that hurts our country.  You're fucking stupid for tolerating it.  And the gap between dumb and stupid is your mom.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

No politics, but this man is going to die in the Summer/Autumn of 2024.  And some of you will be inclined to rise up to defend his honor.  And I encourage you to do so.   Some of you, not many, but a few of you are going to end up murdering one another due to false false bullshit.  And the rest of us are going to laugh and laugh.  Because you're fucking stupid.  I'm dumb.  I do and say dumb shit.  But he's legit stupid.  He does stupid shit that hurts our country.  You're fucking stupid for tolerating it.  And the gap between dumb and stupid is your mom.  

Maybe 37 people bothered to show up after him begging his followers to show up en masse. They ain’t doin’ shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

You know its bad when even the hamburglar thinks you are a crook.

The guy is a McDonald’s super user. The Hamburglar knows he’s a high value target for hamburgling.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I have to say that I absolutely love the irony of the MAGA crowd chanting "lock her up" when he was running against Hillary; and where we are today with Orange Man leader of the red-hatted MAGA's being actually charged with felonies (I am not saying if it is right or wrong that he was charged, or if he will be found guilty - but Orange Man is getting a big dose of Karma, and I've heard that Karma is a bitch)

That's yet another Mount Rushmore-sized sign of the ridiculous cognitive dissonance by the MAGATs.

1 -- literally their most frequently chanted mantra is "lock her up!" in reference to Drumpf's first presidential opponent.

2 -- nothing is more evil and heinous than the justice system going after a political opponent.

They hold both of those thoughts in their head at the exact same time, and don't understand why the rest of us correctly view them as fucking morons.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2