BornAndRaised

Cantankerous, Out of Touch, Old Man Opinion TIME. (GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!  CLOUDS... YOU SUCK!)

Isn't committing to a school a bit like becoming engaged?  You haven't signed your LOI, you have not said, "I DO" so there is still time to bolt. But, if you're engaged, would your fiancee be on board with you going out with other girls/guys/gender fluid, whatever persons?

So, this dude verbally commits (which could impact other running backs Texas was looking at), but he is still going to take his official visits to Bama, Georgia and Tennessee? Because?  He is not really sold on Texas all the way? Or, he wants to see if those other schools will bid higher for his services?

I don't see the point in verbally committing and still taking other visits. Just say you are impressed with Texas, want to carefully weigh all of your options and then definitively decide after all visits. 

What is the over/under on the number of times this dude decommits, then commits elsewhere, then de-commits, rinse repeat?

OK, now back to your regularly scheduled posting. LID OUT.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

Cantankerous, Out of Touch, Old Man Opinion TIME. (GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!  CLOUDS... YOU SUCK!)

Isn't committing to a school a bit like becoming engaged?  You haven't signed your LOI, you have not said, "I DO" so there is still time to bolt. But, if you're engaged, would your fiancee be on board with you going out with other girls/guys/gender fluid, whatever persons?

So, this dude verbally commits (which could impact other running backs Texas was looking at), but he is still going to take his official visits to Bama, Georgia and Tennessee? Because?  He is not really sold on Texas all the way? Or, he wants to see if those other schools will bid higher for his services?

I don't see the point in verbally committing and still taking other visits. Just say you are impressed with Texas, want to carefully weigh all of your options and then definitively decide after all visits. 

What is the over/under on the number of times this dude decommits, then commits elsewhere, then de-commits, rinse repeat?

giphy-2.gif

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

IMG_0616.thumb.png.ac55289794cf11f9137a7116803e3228.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

If I was a 17 yo kid getting free visits to college towns for red carpet roll outs I would go as many places as I could. 

E.g. I come to surly for my recruiting news, but if IT is offering all summer for a buck? Kinda stupid not to take the sweetened deal. It's not as good and I have to temper my expectations there. But hell, a good deal is a good deal

Being a highly sought after recruit is an incredible thing for a kid in high school and it only happens once. Would you turn down a fully paid weekend trip where you get treated like a rock star the entire time?

He may or may not be solid with his verbal, no idea...but I can't fault him for going ahead with his officials to other schools.

On 6/25/2023 at 4:28 PM, Lidig8r said:

Mack Brown has entered the chat

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

And we should do the honorable thing and not invite or host kids that have verbally committed to other schools.
  • Haha 2

A verbal commitment is like a kid’s crystal ball as of the recruiting season as to where he will play. LOI is the same kid’s CB as of the end of recruiting season. Until they use up their eligibility, there is never really a time when they belong to a school. Love the freedom or hate the lack of loyalty, it is the way now.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

And we should do the honorable thing and not invite or host kids that have verbally committed to other schools.

Of course not! Don't be absurd! We absolutely should! They have a name for this. It is called ...

HYPOCRISY !!!!

Duh.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not Bijan interview style wise but don’t know if we will see another Bijan type for a while. He seemed to get it day one…or even before. Not saying I’m not super pumped for jerrick…I am. Thought it was interesting he said he thought he was like dalvin cook. I was getting more…don’t shoot.. Jamaal Charles feeling.