2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

Exactly. You put your Heisman winner on the field on a crucial 4th down in the national championship game. Fuck all that other noise. 
Also, who cares? USC blinked. Texas didn't. Texas won. The fact that USC made a dumb decision doesn't invalidate our NC. 

Matt Leinart was on the field.
  • Haha 1

Just love checking into this thread to get the latest intel from fall camp and instead get a dead horse beating of a debate about a game that happened damn near 20 years ago. Does anybody have any hot takes on whether Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame while we're at it?

Get your shit together, Surly. This is the time of year when unbridled optimism plunges headlong into endless handwringing, "We're going undefeated but we probably won't even be bowl eligible if they don't completely shuffle the offensive line and replace the center."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just love checking into this thread to get the latest intel from fall camp and instead get a dead horse beating of a debate about a game that happened damn near 20 years ago. Does anybody have any hot takes on whether Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame while we're at it?
Get your shit together, Surly. This is the time of year when unbridled optimism plunges headlong into endless handwringing, "We're going undefeated but we probably won't even be bowl eligible if they don't completely shuffle the offensive line and replace the center."
Good cliff notes

5 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

The first time I saw this video as a kid I thought to myself, "man, that guy is old talking about when he was young". 

Now I watch it and think to myself, "man, I am old, Bruce looks like a kid."

too close to home

46 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

He should be. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@closetojumping on IT live just now Gerry said he heard from someone who would know that Ty Simpson is likely the guy for Bama this year.

Tommy Rees kind of telegraphed this one by making comments about how Milroe and the other guy are still competing/hadn't given up.   Nevermind, I confused him with the Notre Dame transfer kid. Whatever. Don't make a shit, etc...

Edited by Rio Don

12 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I only watched the first couple of minutes of that and I know that Alabama has a three deep of NFL players on defense, but holy shit their QB play looks putrid. 

Not sure what looked worse, QB play or OL play

17 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I only watched the first couple of minutes of that and I know that Alabama has a three deep of NFL players on defense, but holy shit their QB play looks putrid. 

Wait, you’re telling me this isn’t the FANS getting to run plays down there?? Because…. Woof!

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

It appears that I am not the only one that likes Iowa. 

Vegas and Nebraska are always weird. I think they had a total in Frost's first or second season at like 9, which I bet under when visiting that summer, and got paid half a year later. I think Nebraska is still somewhat more heavily bet as a national interest team due to history than many other programs. 

My problem with the OU total is that their schedule is laughable. They basically can go 10-2 while not beating anyone of merit. Now, I think Venables is a classic idiot and their depth is iffy all over the roster, but even an imbecile should go 9-3 or better with that schedule.

• Rage+1 2

27 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I watched it all the way through, you didn't miss anything. Milroe has some wheels. Simpson has the best arm, but that's like being the tallest midget. They're going to need to win on the ground this season. 

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

I watched it all the way through, you didn't miss anything. Milroe has some wheels. Simpson has the best arm, but that's like being the tallest midget. They're going to need to win on the ground this season. 

Sounds like they should run the 10-yard minimum offense!

We seem to have a knack for making shit QB's look like Heisman contenders. Remember Spencer Sanders last year? Very likely the worst QB in the Rig12 and he sliced and diced our secondary. Of course he had help from his O-line that was incapable of commiting a single hold.
(Sarcasm if that wasn't apparent)

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Vegas and Nebraska are always weird. I think they had a total in Frost's first or second season at like 9, which I bet under when visiting that summer, and got paid half a year later. I think Nebraska is still somewhat more heavily bet as a national interest team due to history than many other programs. 

My problem with the OU total is that their schedule is laughable. They basically can go 10-2 while not beating anyone of merit. Now, I think Venables is a classic idiot and their depth is iffy all over the roster, but even an imbecile should go 9-3 or better with that schedule.

Would it be bad juju if I bet the under for Texas? I see it as a win if we actually get the over (and I lose the money) and I get a little consolidation prize to soothe my feelings if we don't hit the over by winning some money. 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

What do you like about Iowa other than Greg Davis is not calling plays?  My son's matriculating there next week and I guess I need to start following so we can discuss during the season.  Is this thread not the "hey ctj give me a scouting report" one?

50 minutes ago, speed817 said:

SIAP

362291425_777307821062085_6507814248108015716_n.thumb.jpg.684adc46493b7a2dcace3fbcb5b7c865.jpg

363326737_777307864395414_1614428841226908772_n.thumb.jpg.5f08e4d6353785afef681f8830cb1057.jpg

This reminds me, where can I find those fake front page AAS headlines that were posted on here a few years back? The ones that said stuff like "Bijan makes most of 4 carries as Texas falls to Louisiana 30-3, Herman encouraged by Sunday practice"

25 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

What do you like about Iowa other than Greg Davis is not calling plays?  My son's matriculating there next week and I guess I need to start following so we can discuss during the season.  Is this thread not the "hey ctj give me a scouting report" one?

No Michigan or tOSU on the schedule.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@closetojumping on IT live just now Gerry said he heard from someone who would know that Ty Simpson is likely the guy for Bama this year.

During the media session Tommy Rees confirms that they will be running bama's existing offensive system -- so Rees had to learn the bama offense.

Makes sense why Ty Simpson is currently ahead since he's already had a year learning the Bama offensive system...

See 3:44 mark

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

During the media session Tommy Rees confirms that they will be running bama's existing offensive system -- so Rees had to learn the bama offense.

Makes sense why Ty Simpson is currently ahead since he's already had a year learning the Bama offensive system...

Probably a dumb question…but then who is teaching the system to Reese? Doesn’t seem like a good use of Saban’s time (and it’s not exactly his offense). I guess Wiggins and other holdovers from the previous staff?

Hiring an up and coming OC and then imposing a completely different system on him to run seems like an interesting choice.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

Love this video 😂😂😂😂😂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I think coordinators are generally referring to learning and using terminology/concepts that are pre-existing vs. the actual scheme when they say they came in and learned the system.

2 hours ago, Not a cat said:

I thought I had posted something on them on this thread for some reason. I wrote about them in the preseason polls thread, apparently. 

Iowa is in my top 10. They have a cakewalk schedule. They have to go to Penn State, to Wisconsin and to Nebraska. Win two of those games and they're playing in the Big 10 title game at 10-2 or 11-1. 

Cade McNamara transferred in and he's the best QB they'll have had in years. Iowa always has reliable and often excellent TBs, TEs, and OLs. Those are a given. This year they have a young back who was honorable mention All Big 10, a young TE that had a good season last year, a GT'ed TE from Michigan that played a lot there, and 3 returning starting OLs and a 4 year starter from Miami, OH that GT'ed in. Hell, they even have a highly touted WR transfer from Ohio State, fwiw.

Defensively, Iowa produces a highly ranked group every year. This year they return multiple All Big 10 performers and starter transfers from other FBS programs. They have a terrific scheme. 

Their special teams are always highly ranked. They have an amazing S&C program. 

They're always going to struggle to keep up with the high octane offenses that have gazelles who can catch and run. They don't play any of those teams this year. 

I know Brian Ferentz is a joke. I think it's fucking embarrassing that they're letting that imbecile keep collecting a paycheck. That considered, that dude is one of two weaknesses against all of the other strengths. The other weakness is just not having the top end athletes at WR. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1