Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, PantsTent said:

Then finish WT101 bottle and open another.

I would have broiled the chili/cheese on top for a minute or so, but this isn’t about me so take your flowers.

Edited by Etexhorn13

10 hours ago, irishtexan said:

This is the correct way to construct a chili cheese dog

Gather ingredients. Hot dog was already under the broiler

IMG_5287.jpg

Assemble cheese hinge. I usually use a full slice of American but only had one today so I split it in half and supplemented with some grated cheddar. Adapt. Improvise. Overcome.

IMG_5286.jpg

Add hot dogs while still very hot to forge cheese hinge.
IMG_5289.jpg

Add small layer of grated cheese on top of dogs

IMG_5291.jpg

Add layer of HEB no beans canned chili heated in microwave
IMG_5292.jpg

Add third and final layer of cheese 

AIMG_5293.jpg

Add preferred toppings. I went with diced onion and pickled japs
IMG_5296.jpg

Enjoy

IMG_1034.gif.8ba46a78e280ae524bd934c8b906de0a.gif

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

You missed a couple things. 1. Mustard. French’s yellow. On the bun. 2. Weapon. It just completes the still life with WT101

Why on earth would you want to ruin a perfectly wonderful chili cheese dog with ordinary yellow mustard? At least have the decency to adorn that work of art with some spicy brown.

Edited by Braff Zacklin

16 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Why on earth would you want to ruin a perfectly wonderful chili cheese dog with ordinary yellow mustard? At least have the decency to adorn that work of art with some spicy brown.

image.png.833dd0950a173528cee455d8973f9879.png

On 3/9/2024 at 8:29 AM, Braff Zacklin said:

Spicy brown for brats, yellow mustard for chili dogs.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, SamsCorner said:

Spicy brown for brats, yellow mustard for chili dogs.

It's a chili cheese dog, it doesn't need another condiment. But if you have to have mustard because you have a disability or something, at least be an adult and use some good stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

It's a chili cheese dog, it doesn't need another condiment. But if you have to have mustard because you have a disability or something, at least be an adult and use some good stuff.

1603f2ad-3cd5-4d47-b144-ae65708c17c5_tex

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Shiiiiiit I'll hit a chili chee with ketchup and mustard like I'd hit a normal dog with.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Shiiiiiit I'll hit a chili chee with ketchup and mustard like I'd hit a normal dog with.

Anything you put yellow mustard on can be improved if you sub a real mustard instead.

47 minutes ago, wd40 said:

duality of chicken.  

The Jungian thing, sir.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Anything you put yellow mustard on can be improved if you sub a real mustard instead.

Yella mustard IS real mustard.  Cuz freedom eagles flag guns liberty bell George-motherfuckin'-Washington 'murica.  Goddammit.

• Like 3

she'd love you enough to let you sleep peacefully by yourself that night

oh shit found pickled smoked bologna, that's going in the next amazon day shipment

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Just saw this advertised online…may need to try soon:

346f4503d62cccd03c6c370f2bd8672f.jpg
I bet my wife would LOVE it if I brought that home.

My fart  planning staff  is besides itself considering the possibilities. Press conference at 11AM.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

The only Alsup’s burrito I’ve ever had was from the one in Tucumcari

Mine was in Fort Sumner, NM. When I saw the sign I hit the brakes. “It’s hard to explain but I have some friends on the internet…”. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

Mine was in Fort Sumner, NM. When I saw the sign I hit the brakes. “It’s hard to explain but I have some friends on the internet…”. 

My wife has gotten really good at sniffing that kind of thing out.

Me:  Oh, hey.  We gotta stop at ____________.  I've heard it's really good.

Her:  People on the internet told you that didn't they?

She has at least learned that the internet tends to give me good advice about this kind of shit

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

She has at least learned that the internet tends to give me good advice about this kind of shit

Way back in the Shaggy days, I asked for dining info about Ballinger, TX. I was told to try Lowake Steakhouse and Allsups. Been to Lowake twice but have eaten from the choices at Allsups several times each trip. Thanks @Brisketexan

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 11:13 PM, Fudbelty said:

Not sure if cold chicken strips count, but we use to carry Chicken Express strips with us in the cooler on river floats. Great snack after a couple hours and multiple beers in.

When I was a kid and we'd travel with my grandparents, my grandma would make fried chicken and then throw it in the cooler to eat on the road.  Usually had hard boiled eggs to go with it.  My grandpa would always find some cool roadside park and we'd have a picnic of that, chased with RC Cola (because they were cheap asses) while they hammered some Winstons (they finally quit smoking in the car with us some time around 1990).  Great memories.

• Like 2

Was texting with the boy (presently far away from Texas) yesterday about a recent road trip, and gas station finds (I actually didn't eat any gas station comestibles, as I had just had lunch).  His reply:

"I miss a gas station burrito from Allsup's."

Sniff.  I raised him right.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Mine has actually become proactive and will say “Did you ask your website about places to eat on the way?”  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I know it's sacrileg in this thread, and while I enjoyed my Allsup's burrito, I couldn't help but think that the Casey's breakfast burritos are honestly a little better, and I'm by no means a Casey's honk.  10 years ago they were a powerhouse example of what Midwestern gas stations are all about.  Now they're a decrepit monument to what happens when you get publicly traded and try to make shareholders more money by hiring the cheapest (IE worst) help you can.

But they still have good food.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Mine has actually become proactive and will say “Did you ask your website about places to eat on the way?”  

Yup.  It almost doesn't even need to be articulated in our house anymore.  She also doesn't even need to see my phone to know I'm posting about my experience at some recommended place either.  She can just read it in my face or something.  Fucking women.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I know it's sacrileg in this thread, and while I enjoyed my Allsup's burrito, I couldn't help but think that the Casey's breakfast burritos are honestly a little better, and I'm by no means a Casey's honk.  10 years ago they were a powerhouse example of what Midwestern gas stations are all about.  Now they're a decrepit monument to what happens when you get publicly traded and try to make shareholders more money by hiring the cheapest (IE worst) help you can.

But they still have good food.

The pizza at our Casey’s is a cheesy, greasy mess and makes me sick to my stomach. Except the sausage pizza. It’s delicious. 
Spring 2020 I was starving and stopped to see if there was any sausage pizza on the warmer. Sure enough the gods were with me that day. 
This was in the peak uncertainty of Covid and everyone was masked-up and socially distancing. Except, while standing in line to pay, I noticed the pizza cook unmasked as usual and leaning over his next pizza that he was making, oblivious to the health requirements of the global pandemic. 
I almost turned around and threw away my slice, until I realized that I had bailed the cook out of jail enough times to know that whatever he had coursing through his blood at the time would probably stop coronavirus dead in its tracks. 
So I paid for my pizza and went on my way. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

The pizza at our Casey’s is a cheesy, greasy mess and makes me sick to my stomach. Except the sausage pizza. It’s delicious. 
Spring 2020 I was starving and stopped to see if there was any sausage pizza on the warmer. Sure enough the gods were with me that day. 
This was in the peak uncertainty of Covid and everyone was masked-up and socially distancing. Except, while standing in line to pay, I noticed the pizza cook unmasked as usual and leaning over his next pizza that he was making, oblivious to the health requirements of the global pandemic. 
I almost turned around and threw away my slice, until I realized that I had bailed the cook out of jail enough times to know that whatever he had coursing through his blood at the time would probably stop coronavirus dead in its tracks. 
So I paid for my pizza and went on my way. 

And you lived to tell about it, most importantly.

Casey's pizza has slipped.  When they canceled the made-to-order subs, they really lost me.  Those blew Subway out of the water, and in a lot of middle of nowhere towns, they were the only cold sandwich alternative.  Individual slices of sausage or beef always work for me, and a few of the specialty pizzas have been good too.  The breakfast food all works for me as well.  Be it pizza, burritos, biscuits and gravy, etc.

Edited by Al_4_ISU