Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

I meant to take pictures throughout this whole process, but then, I just didn't. Starting a thread seems kind of lame, and i figured this was a good place to post this given the make due with what you've got nature of this thread.

15 years ago or so I was talking with my grandma about pregnancy cravings. She's from Iberia parish, la, and grew up in the 30s, so I figured whatever she was craving when pregnant with my mom was pretty unusual. As it turns out, it was picked pigs feet. I had a good laugh, as I would have no idea what it tasted like to then crave it.

A few years later I bought a jar for fun to share with her. It was hormel, it was awful and she agreed.

So this Christmas I thought long and hard about what to get her. She's always tough to buy for, as she has everything she needs. So I decided, fuck it, I'll try and make her pickled pigs feet. I'll see her this weekend to find out if they too suck. Either way, I'm looking forward to giving them to her and getting to try them with her again.

616ab11cf16d01f1784e5d20409faeeb.jpg

I meant to take pictures throughout this whole process, but then, I just didn't. Starting a thread seems kind of lame, and i figured this was a good place to post this given the make due with what you've got nature of this thread.

15 years ago or so I was talking with my grandma about pregnancy cravings. She's from Iberia parish, la, and grew up in the 30s, so I figured whatever she was craving when pregnant with my mom was pretty unusual. As it turns out, it was picked pigs feet. I had a good laugh, as I would have no idea what it tasted like to then crave it.

A few years later I bought a jar for fun to share with her. It was hormel, it was awful and she agreed.

So this Christmas I thought long and hard about what to get her. She's always tough to buy for, as she has everything she needs. So I decided, fuck it, I'll try and make her pickled pigs feet. I'll see her this weekend to find out if they too suck. Either way, I'm looking forward to giving them to her and getting to try them with her again.
616ab11cf16d01f1784e5d20409faeeb.jpg

059ebced1c4f793b4082359313384fc5.jpg

Only pig's feet I've tried were of the jar on the bar variety and they sucked. Never knew anything pork could taste so bad. Homemade have to be better because they couldn't be any worse.

Interested in an air fryer, but need more intel beyond tots. I've been eyeballing one of these to replace my George Foreman. A 7 minute grill from Oster. 

wd9kxjrl8qxfxujjtuej.png

Big enough for 2 burgers or 1 steak and unlike the Foreman, it's easy to clean because the ceramic cooking surfaces are removable. The grill rotates so the grease drains while cooking. Found them online for under $20. I can think of some pretty deviant things I can do with one of those.

2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

If that's the case, I've got so good news for you, my boys. Big Daddy got an air fryer from Santa. Opening up a new world of tasty delights for us all. Here's some tots that turned out crispy and delicious. afdc344d71e1533929e82b62cb024332.jpg

Weird, I see the tots picture. But where is the final picture with chili and cheese???

• Like 1

We picked up an air fryer a few weeks ago and it’s been baller for frozen nuggets and tots. I tried bacon wrapped jap poppers and they came out respectable like. Did some Brussels last night after the kids tots just to keep up appearances of being heathy.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

In Comfort. Wife is performing a wedding. I have to kill an hour or so.
Football, Love Street Karbach, and gizzards at the Horseshoe Pub.

87e16bd669cd936d29b7c00190f6864f.jpg

I was transiting down 473 earlier today. Kendalia General Store not a bad stop by either. Although not sure if they serve beer in there. I've done the fried catfish, but don't think I've ever seen gizzards on the menu, so you are living right. 

I was transiting down 473 earlier today. Kendalia General Store not a bad stop by either. Although not sure if they serve beer in there. I've done the fried catfish, but don't think I've ever seen gizzards on the menu, so you are living right. 

We passed each other.
Odds are, I flipped you off. I’m just doing the math.
After this, will grab dinner with the wife somewhere, then hit a private cabin with a hot tub near Canyon Lake.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We passed each other.
Odds are, I flipped you off. I’m just doing the math.

If you can drive through that part of God's country angry at the world, you probably needed those fried gizzards more than the rest of us. I love driving through that Sisterdale area. 

If you can drive through that part of God's country angry at the world, you probably needed those fried gizzards more than the rest of us. I love driving through that Sisterdale area. 

Oh, I wasn’t angry. I just learned to drive in Houston. Middle finger stays up as a default.
Now, I’m giving career advice to the lady at the bar next to me whose daughter just got into law school. I’m a charitable type. I told her that bird law is the future.

On 12/27/2018 at 8:39 AM, Orange&White said:

Hot sauce is there if you look hard enough. I am not a huge fan of cheese on my tamales.

You would have hated mine.  Finished the last four of my Christmas tamales today with both American and a shredded mexican blend, Taco Casa hot sauce + a nice drizzle of Del Primo "guacamole flavor" sauce, which is really just a store version of Salsa Dona (and fucking awesome, especially at $1.50 a bottle).  Oh + the end of a bag of Doritos sprinkled over the top and sour cream on the side.  Really just wanted to post about the sauce though- I highly recommend this stuff:

1bc38120-3b6e-495d-9485-91184f114d29_1.b

I got a fryer for Christmas this year, and I thought it would be a good idea to make some wings and fries for the massacre tonight.

3991f7b17d99a12140ccb88a4405d61a.jpg

b95bc7e6b3aadb095efc0741df04210c.jpg

The flavor on both was terrific, but I think I need to make smaller batches so that everything is a little crispier. I’ll learn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, threesheets said:

You would have hated mine.  Finished the last four of my Christmas tamales today with both American and a shredded mexican blend, Taco Casa hot sauce + a nice drizzle of Del Primo "guacamole flavor" sauce, which is really just a store version of Salsa Dona (and fucking awesome, especially at $1.50 a bottle).  Oh + the end of a bag of Doritos sprinkled over the top and sour cream on the side.  Really just wanted to post about the sauce though- I highly recommend this stuff:

1bc38120-3b6e-495d-9485-91184f114d29_1.b

it was even better when HEB sold it as don julio for $1 a bottle

• Like 1

I got a fryer for Christmas this year, and I thought it would be a good idea to make some wings and fries for the massacre tonight.

3991f7b17d99a12140ccb88a4405d61a.jpg

b95bc7e6b3aadb095efc0741df04210c.jpg

The flavor on both was terrific, but I think I need to make smaller batches so that everything is a little crispier. I’ll learn.

Blanch them first, then pat them dry before frying. You’re welcome.