Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

55 minutes ago, thestud said:

Mac n' cheese, chicken nuggs, Fritos? Did I get it right? We will need to know the hot sauce of application before rendering a ruling

Tia Rosa tortilla (toasted in a skillet, of course) Trader Joe’s Elote Corn Chips*, Trader Joe’s Hatch Green Chile Mac & Chee, Trader Joe’s Breaded Chicken Tenderloins, shredded chee, diced onion, Cholula, Tuong OT Sriracha. Paired with a cold Coke Zero (not pictured, and I realize points will be deducted for not being an adult carbonated canned beverage).

*These are the shizzle. Highly recommended.

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1

Tia Rosa tortilla (toasted in a skillet, of course) Trader Joe’s Elote Corn Chips*, Trader Joe’s Hatch Green Chile Mac & Chee, Trader Joe’s Breaded Chicken Tenderloins, shredded chee, diced onion, Cholula, Tuong OT Sriracha. Paired with a cold Coke Zero (not pictured, and I realize points will be deducted for not being an adult carbonated canned beverage).
How many did you have? It looks like you can't eat just one.

14 hours ago, Dutch said:

Points awarded for 2 kinds of hot sauce should offset any deduction in the beverage area.  Then again, Coke zero... man, I just don't know....

18 minutes ago, thestud said:

When you cook steaks for your in laws and your mother in law orders her well done...there’s not much that can be done with the leftovers of a burnt hockey puck but this will do.

You saved the leftovers of a steak cooked well done for your mother in law?

How much could possibly be leftover?

That that was leftover was cooked well done?

That just goes in the trash, bro.

1 hour ago, thestud said:

eb4323c210ac740d11740766eac1c982.jpg

Migas topped with burnt steak.

When you cook steaks for your in laws and your mother in law orders her well done...there’s not much that can be done with the leftovers of a burnt hockey puck but this will do.

Making something tasty out of what was in your fridge. Nicely done.

Early on in the marriage, my wife asked me to pick up some steaks on my way home because her folks were coming for dinner.  I get along with both of them, plus any excuse for steak is just fine with me, so I swing by Costco and pick up a pack of nicely marbled ribeyes.  As I'm getting ready to throw them on the grill, my MIL proceeds to request that I cook her steak "with no pink in the middle or blood."  A nicely marbled Prime ribeye. I looked at my wife, who said nothing, and then my FIL who silently shook his head in a sort of "yeah, I know" kind of way.   The MIL was served sirloin from that day forward.

Edited by Dutch
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thestud said:

Yeah this was my fault I should have been better prepared. I keep 8-10 steaks minimum in my freezer at all times. I have a vacuum sealer so whenever I come across clearanced meat or a good sale I stock up. Saves trips to the store since we live so far out, and it also makes it easy to have good steaks on a whim instead of having to plan I advance. Going forward I will keep a separate stash of shit cuts for the heathens.

I think you have an excuse, well a couple of them.  :)

I'm a big fan of the "eggs and stuff on any kind of bread" breakfast.  Tortillas and biscuits? Obviously.  Toast?  You bet.  Hell, on a single folded-over piece of white bread?  Many a deer blind breakfast has been so eaten.  Breakfast on a Bun?  Hell yeah.  Breakfast on a Hot Dog Bun?  WHY THE FUCK NOT, COMMIE?

Eggs and stuff.  Bread.  America.  Amen.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Those are the bakery hotdogs buns from HEB. I squeezed them at the store the other day and they felt really good in my hands (soft, ample  and supple), so I bought them. Made a mini sub for my son with one and he loved it.

Steel says "Check it out!"

Curse this HEB desert. 

Now I want a YouTube channel called Check it Out! 

With tips like, "Steel says bacon up that sausage, college boy!"

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i doubt the Butts have a handshake deal with kroger/safeway/walmart/whole foods/sprouts/TJ/aldi. 

Okay but there aren't any Brookshire's in Dallas. I was more referring to the market competition.

I don't think the "handshake deal" is a thing anymore, even though it's something oft brought up. 

Here's a good article: https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2018/09/04/next-h-e-b-central-market-dallas

39 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Okay but there aren't any Brookshire's in Dallas. I was more referring to the market competition.

I don't think the "handshake deal" is a thing anymore, even though it's something oft brought up. 

Here's a good article: https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2018/09/04/next-h-e-b-central-market-dallas

maybe it was another family, thought it was brookshire's. 

Just now, elfenix said:

maybe it was another family, thought it was brookshire's. 

I've heard variations of it - and it may have been a thing at some point. 

I just don't think HEB is not entering the market because of a "handshake deal". They have multiple CM locations in DFW already. 

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I've heard variations of it - and it may have been a thing at some point. 

I just don't think HEB is not entering the market because of a "handshake deal". They have multiple CM locations in DFW already. 

It's my understanding that they've bought a few plots of land and a few vacant stores and are sitting on them for a while.  Not sure if they plan to make them central markets or will start rolling out HEB's.