Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

I was just feeling old school traditional. Probably needed an unfiltered Pall Mall to go with, to get my grandpa’s approval, but still...pretty good.

2b3fa1b1ce2bbe71f613f12baa4dc930.jpg

Oh, and I highly recommend the thick cut HEB “campfire” bacon.
Bailey's in the coffee? I can only assume that's why it's not black.

I had to make a quick trip to northern Arkansas to check out some new equipment before it shipped. Stopped off at Skyline Cafe in Mena for breffis. It did not disappoint. Corned beef hash, two eggs, hash browns and a biscuit w/gravy. Damn it was good.

b765e457c30d97be866af7eca49503f0.jpg

• Like 2

I've given up on no bean chili, only when I make it does it not have beans. Everyone else, beans. And I love the musical fruit, just not in my chili, but like I said, I give up. Props on the setup.

I feel the same. I do my best to educate people on Texas Chili but some people are stuck in their ways. Hell I know 3rd generation Texans that put beans in their chili.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:16 PM, Hate said:

And I just started the Mississippi pot roast for tonight

469df8c28f220ccc80ed9d6618facb54.jpg

No liquid at all? Looks like this is about the simplest recipe ever, will try tomorrow. 

1. Place roast in a slow cooker. Form a pocket in the top of roast and place butter, pepperoncini peppers, ranch dressing mix, and au jus mix in the pocket.
  2. Cook on Low for 8 hours.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/246721/mississippi-roast-slow-cooker-pepperoncini-pot-roast/

On 3/2/2019 at 1:23 PM, Brisketexan said:

I was just feeling old school traditional. Probably needed an unfiltered Pall Mall to go with, to get my grandpa’s approval, but still...pretty good.

2b3fa1b1ce2bbe71f613f12baa4dc930.jpg

Oh, and I highly recommend the thick cut HEB “campfire” bacon.

I'm assuming the picture of the second plate with the soft fried potatoes and toast didn't come out.