Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

41 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

Chili dogs of your average but very tasty variety, the onions were particularly potent. Wife has no idea what's coming in an hour or so. ff2b9d43597e0e89906ef2a8fc8a81aa.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

little less time on those buns, little more time on those curls. 

This is like a chick that has it going on but just hasn't pieced it all together quite yet. I believe in you. 

• Like 2

Just now, NateHitch said:

That's fair, buns went quick as shit. Went to grab a beer from the garage and came back to them like that. But the inside was fine, was just that outer edge that was torched

Where are those fries from? Is that like a frozen curly fry you do in the oven?

1 hour ago, smuggs said:

Was just going to do onions and japs on both then changed my mind when I was making the 2nd one

Do you mean to suggest that at one point you were potentially not going to have cheese on them at all?  What in the hell is going on here?!

Then again, lots of kudos on the effort to broil them even if it went a little too hot.  That shows your intentions were really good.  I'm proud of you for that.  Also, curly fries.  

12 hours ago, NateHitch said:

That's fair, buns went quick as shit. Went to grab a beer from the garage and came back to them like that. But the inside was fine, was just that outer edge that was torched

The slightly charred buns, in this judge's humble opinion, added 0.5 to the final score, and the "Texas. Fight." Beer glass did not go unnoticed, either. Nice entry.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 1:23 PM, ohchaucer said:

For melty applications, especially on this thread, there ain't a got damn thing wrong with American cheese. Especially Kraft singles. I get the 2% kind so my figure stays nice and svelte. 

Last week I melted some velveeta with a bit of milk for nacho cheese.  There was quite a bit left over which of course set up when put in the fridge for a couple of days.  Made some of the best damn cheese enchiladas I've ever eaten with the left over nacho cheese.

6 hours ago, Dutch said:

The slightly charred buns, in this judge's humble opinion, added 0.5 to the final score, and the "Texas. Fight." Beer glass did not go unnoticed, either. Nice entry.

Nate, you should be proud. Dutch is notoriously difficult to please. He hands out praise like the aggys win championships.

On 2/10/2019 at 2:49 PM, Brisketexan said:

Following....because parisa on a saltine and a coldbeer is proof of God’s existence.

On the old board I commented about my dad owning Country Mart in D"Hanis for years and making parisa. He passed away before I could get the recipe but someone asked if I came across it to let them know. Finally got the recipe from my brother if anyone wants it. It was used for making 10-15 lbs at a time so it would have to be broken down.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John Blutarsky said:

On the old board I commented about my dad owning Country Mart in D"Hanis for years and making parisa. He passed away before I could get the recipe but someone asked if I came across it to let them know. Finally got the recipe from my brother if anyone wants it. It was used for making 10-15 lbs at a time so it would have to be broken down.

Son....you don't just offer something like that up.  You just go ahead and post it.

Your post is like Selma Hayek saying "hey, you guys interested in seeing me naked?"

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Son....you don't just offer something like that up.  You just go ahead and post it.

Your post is like Selma Hayek saying "hey, you guys interested in seeing me naked?"

Yep I should have known better.

D"Hanis Country Mart parisa

35 serrano peppers chopped

6 small white onions chopped

3.5 lbs American cheese cubed

10 to 15 lbs pectoral, well trimmed

juice of 12 to 16 lemons

salt and pepper to taste

run through grinder then mix thoroughly with hands

Edited by John Blutarsky
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Yep I should have known better.

D"Hanis Country Mart parisa

35 serrano peppers chopped

6 small white onions chopped

3.5 lbs American cheese cubed

10 to 15 lbs pectoral, well trimmed

juice of 12 to 16 lemons

salt and pepper to taste

run through grinder then mix thoroughly with hands

I presume that you should freeze the beef first for a period of time, to kill parasites and whatnot?

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I presume that you should freeze the beef first for a period of time, to kill parasites and whatnot?

I’m a little surprised the great culinary dynamo known as brisket would worry about something so trivial.  getting sick from meat is pretty hard to do.