1st game vs Rice.

msucolt45

If anyone can post pictures of the ‘63 Team being honored during pre-game, I’d appreciate it, as I told my Dad (one of the honorees) that I wouldn’t be there personally. Any pictures of the “big board” or field would be greatly appreciated.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

Rice fan checking in (got MBA at Texas so cheer for the horns too).  

A couple notes on the Rice team: 

JT Daniels is the QB on his fourth school (USC, Georgia, West Virginia)

Luke McCaffrey (Christian’s brother) is a solid receiver. 

Watch out for OL Braeden Nutter and WR  Draylon Dickmann.  Working together they are a salty combination. 

I expect an ass whipping, “name your score” type of afternoon. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

Watch out for OL Braeden Nutter and WR  Draylon Dickmann.  Working together they are a salty combination. 

Fourth school, third start at Texas

35 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

JT is the son of a HS friend of my wife’s.  I thought for sure he was done after WV.  

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

We’re really having a group of 80 year old men assemble on the DKR turf on 9/2 at 2:00pm? 

Whichever one can beat the Orange Streak in a foot race will get a Torchy's gift card. Whoever comes in last, though, will have to stand directly underneath a jetpack guy as he launches. You know, in a fun type of humiliation ritual. It's all good fun. 

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I'll be there burning my ass off. Taking my mother and stepdad as a birthday present to her(she went to Texas, he went to Rice). Any of you assholes going?

I’ll be there. It could be 120 and I’d still show up

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Come on man, at least give us a chance of beating the mighty Rice Owls

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

That's quite a route for Daniels. And academically going from WVU to Rice is... something.

12 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

We’re really having a group of 80 year old men assemble on the DKR turf on 9/2 at 2:00pm? 

I'm sure they're pretty tough.  They didn't have AC in their helmets back then.  Hell, they barely had facemasks.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Talk about highs and lows. This guy has seen it all.

He got injured and lost his starting position at USC and bounced.

Got injured and lost his starting position at Georgia. Entered portal when Bennett announced he was coming back for '22.

Starts a half season for a really bad WVU team.

Now at Rice.

He'll get the privilege of being the first person ever to lose to Texas at DKR with 3 different teams. 

I would assume he’ll be the first person to lose at DKR 3 times as a visitor ever.
Are they not doing Longhorn City Limits this year, or are they just waiting until it's not a thousand degrees?

They announced the spring game performer 8 days before the spring game, so maybe they’ll announce it tomorrow.

Will be a hot one for sure.

My brother keeps his house at 78.
Mine is 76 daytime, 71 nights.

AB - that’s your “oil money” letting you and Mrs B sleeping like you need more blankets in August!

I was pissed enough that my better-half insists on watering plants every other day (front/back). $$$ bill went up 60% from the previous bill to most recent. I digress, as I take the opportunity to drink beer, as she’s sweating her ass off, watering with a hose! I told her I won’t do it and they can all Mfg die for all I care.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

AB - that’s your “oil money” letting you and Mrs B sleeping like you need more blankets in August!

I was pissed enough that my better-half insists on watering plants every other day (front/back). $$$ bill went up 60% from the previous bill to most recent. I digress, as I take the opportunity to drink beer, as she’s sweating her ass off, watering with a hose! I told her I won’t do it and they can all Mfg die for all I care.

Hook’em!!!

3ad.jpg

(and I'm right there with ya colt45)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!!

My water bill for July was $150 - and that’s for a little suburban 6,600 sq/ft lot with the house & driveway/sidewalk covering about 3,500’ of that space.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 8:39 AM, stork642 said:

Have you ever been in an old person’s house?  The field will feel like a freezer compared to those 80 year olds living room.  

Wish I could rep this post more than once, excellent post.(take my wife), the bitch has been freezing for the last month and a half.

• Haha 1

Available at Rice Game 🤘

Dulce-Vida.png&height=460&width=768&type

Screenshot_20230824-221600_kindlephoto-452410.png.f72841108eb792fe90fc79a92df0d105.png

Austin, Texas — The Austin-raised and award-winning Dulce Vida Tequila announced today a multiyear agreement to sponsor University of Texas Athletics, The University of Texas' alumni association – the Texas Exes – and Texas Performing Arts, giving Longhorns fans, alumni, and fine arts patrons the opportunity to learn about their wide variety of tequilas. 

Beginning with the kickoff of the Longhorns Football season on September 2, fans of legal drinking age will enjoy a new cocktail experience at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium at the Dulce Vida Tequila Bar, located inside Gate 32, featuring a custom mural that will showcase "The Spirit of Austin". 

Dulce Vida will also be featured at Texas Exes events, including the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center on football game days, and at Bass Concert Hall, the exclusive home to Broadway in Austin as well as an annual curated season of performing arts from around the globe and a series of nationally touring concerts and comedy.  Longhorns Baseball fans can look forward to a Dulce Vida bar at UFCU Disch-Falk Field as well.    

Additionally, Dulce Vida will connect with Longhorn Nation via numerous marketing benefits throughout the year, including opportunities for consumers to win VIP experiences.    

The sponsorship agreement was negotiated with Dulce Vida by LEARFIELD's Longhorn Sports Properties. 

"We're excited to welcome Dulce Vida Tequila to the Texas Athletics family as an official sponsor," University of Texas Vice President and Athletics Director Chris Del Conte said.  "We appreciate their commitment to Longhorn Nation and the excitement their presence will bring to our game day experience and fans everywhere."

"Dulce Vida is the Original Austin Tequila, so we could not be more thrilled to become an official sponsor of the Texas Longhorns," said Eric Dopkins, Chairman, C.E.O of Dulce Vida parent company Milestone Brands. "To connect to our Texas roots and engage Texas Longhorn fans, the Texas Exes, and Performing Arts, is a tremendous opportunity for Dulce Vida as the original organic, additive free tequila with roots right here in Austin Texas."

The University of Texas and Dulce Vida share in the commitment to educate and encourage fans to drink responsibly. 

About Dulce Vida Tequila

Dulce Vida is tequila, pure and simple. With a core range of tequilas that are made with 100% Blue Weber agave and are USDA-certified organic, the premium spirits brand was founded in Austin, Texas in 2009. It is produced in Jalisco, Mexico in the village of San Ignacio Cerro Gordo at Campanario (NOM 1443). Dulce Vida Tequila is certified additive-free on Tequila Matchmaker's industry-standard list of additive-free tequilas. Sustainability and attention to detail are inherent at every step, from harvest through distillation and aging. The expansive portfolio includes a core range of Blanco, Reposado, and Añejo tequila - produced at both 80 proof and 100 proof - plus a 100-Proof Extra Añejo. Dulce Vida is also recognized for their flavor-infused tequilas, made with real fruit, including Pineapple Jalapeño, Lime, and Grapefruit. Additionally, Dulce Vida offers ready-to-drink cocktails in Tetra Paks available in Paloma, Margarita, and Watermelon Margarita varieties. Please visit www.dulcevidaspirits.com for more information.

Connect with Dulce Vida Tequila on Instagram @DulceVidaTequila. Viva Dulce Vida!

Media Contacts:

Dulce Vida Tequila: andrew@milestone-brands.com

University of Texas Athletics: drew.martin@utexas.edu

LEARFIELD: kimberly.elchlepp@learfield.com

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Lol. Are we supposed to be cheering paying $20 for a cocktail?

I know you’re First Time Caller, but first time poster, too? By now you know LTtxfan has never met a link he doesn’t like… or post. So, just get yourself a few $20 cocktails, water back… a lot of water, because it will be like the Sahara inside tha stadium.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Pat-Green_LCL-Announcement16x9.jpg&heigh

Pat Green to headline Longhorn City Limits presented by Still Austin Whiskey on September 2

Free LBJ Lawn concert series returns with Pat Green and Gus Clark prior to Texas Football’s season opener vs. Rice

AUSTIN, TEXAS – The 2023 Texas Football season kicks off September 2 with the return of Longhorn City Limits presented by Still Austin Whiskey!  Texas country legend Pat Green will headline the FREE gameday concert, located on the LBJ Lawn, live music beginning at 11 a.m.  Green will be joined on the lineup by very special guest Gus Clark. 

Credited as one of Texas country's modern-era founding fathers, Pat Green has traveled many roads in the 25 years since his debut album, Dancehall Dreamer. A Grammy nominated singer-songwriter with a restless creative spirit, his career has gone beyond the bounds of a "country star" to include the work of a painter, sculptor, philanthropist, family man and more. But one constant has remained – his vision.

Combining Southwestern country traditions with the rebellious spirit of rock 'n' roll, and adding in a poet's literary flourish, it was Green's vision which brought the organic, true-to-yourself Texas style to the country mainstream in the early 2000s. With watershed tracks like "Carry On," "Three Days" and the Grammy nominated Top 5 Billboard Country Airplay hit, "Wave On Wave," he's gone on to sell more than two million records and notch a string of Top Ten hits on the Billboard Country Radio chart, 12 Number Ones at Texas radio, a headlining sell out of the Houston Astrodome and tours with Dave Matthews Band, Willie Nelson, Kenny Chesney and others.

"After record-setting attendance last year, we are thrilled to bring live music back to the Forty Acres for season five of Longhorn City Limits," said Chris Del Conte, Vice President and Athletics Director.  "Pat Green and Texas music are synonymous. It's going to be an incredible day of tailgating on the LBJ Lawn before the Horns take on the Owls."

Supporting Green will be singer-songwriter Gus Clark & The Least Of His Problems. The Canyon Lake native delivers an original mix of classic country and honky tonk with a touch of blues, Tejano, and zydeco. In 2017, he
released his self-titled EP followed by full-length albums A Bit Of Country
Music and 2022's Some Of My Songs. Gus just recorded a new full-length album scheduled for release early 2024.  He will be performing at this year's Austin City Limits Music Festival.

Gus Clark will get the action started at 11 a.m. followed by Pat Green at approximately 12:30 p.m.

Fans ages 21 and up can enjoy signature experiences at Longhorn City Limits including the Still Austin Music Lounge.  Serving up a full menu of refreshments including the Still Austin Horns Up Bourbon Lemonade on ice, the lounge provides relaxation in a shaded area while enjoying the show. Fans won't want to miss surprises and limited-edition swag curated by Still Austin Whiskey Co, the homegrown grain-to-glass craft distillery using 100% Texas grains. 

Also returning for a second consecutive season is the Tito's Tailgate located in front of the LBJ Fountain featuring refreshing Tito's cocktails on tap and shaded views of the stage to tailgate in real Texas fashion. 

Concert goers can also enjoy Stubb's BBQ and pregame happy hour pricing featuring select $5 domestic and $6.50 premium beers at Longhorn City Limits.   

• Hook 'Em 3

On 8/24/2023 at 7:55 PM, Armybrat said:

My water bill for July was $150 - and that’s for a little suburban 6,600 sq/ft lot with the house & driveway/sidewalk covering about 3,500’ of that space.

well if you'd water the driveway/sidewalk...it'd have a chance to grow beyond 3,500' you selfish bastard.  

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Pat-Green_LCL-Announcement16x9.jpg&heigh

Pat Green to headline Longhorn City Limits presented by Still Austin Whiskey on September 2

Free LBJ Lawn concert series returns with Pat Green and Gus Clark prior to Texas Football’s season opener vs. Rice

No talent ass-clown.  Hope he has to wait to take the stage for 4 hours in the heat like he made us do at Two Rivers Canyon 20 years ago.  Not that we hold grudges.  Ask Hate, he'll tell ya

• Haha 1