2023 Other Games Thread

shadow_operative2.0

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I've been saying for awhile that I wouldn't be surprised if that job opens up.  Pittman is in way over his head and he'll just retire.  He made them competitive again but he's at his ceiling and they might not go to a bowl this year.

2-5 and this looks like a loss. Will have to beat Mizzou if they csn best Auburn, Florida and and FIU.  I don’t see a bowl on their future. 

42 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

2-5 and this looks like a loss. Will have to beat Mizzou if they csn best Auburn, Florida and and FIU.  I don’t see a bowl on their future. 

They ain't beating Florida or Missouri but then again, Arky generally finds a way to win a game they should lose.

I've been saying for awhile that I wouldn't be surprised if that job opens up.  Pittman is in way over his head and he'll just retire.  He made them competitive again but he's at his ceiling and they might not go to a bowl this year.

2-6 and the offense is as bad as I’ve ever seen. The announcers were ridiculing coaches and players in this game. Pittman again made some really dumb decisions. 4th and short he finally decides to kick a 51yd FG. Ok. You have a great kicker. They run out, take a delay flag, he punts. Asked about it he just said “I didn’t know what to do.”

I think the AD has seen enough and will figure out a retirement settlement. He looks like he wants to be anywhere but in that HC role.

12 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

2-6 and the offense is as bad as I’ve ever seen. The announcers were ridiculing coaches and players in this game. Pittman again made some really dumb decisions. 4th and short he finally decides to kick a 51yd FG. Ok. You have a great kicker. They run out, take a delay flag, he punts. Asked about it he just said “I didn’t know what to do.”

I think the AD has seen enough and will figure out a retirement settlement. He looks like he wants to be anywhere but in that HC role.

Pittman and Enos (the OC) are basically career 60 year old position coaches who have some matriculated way above where they should be.

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Ollie Gordon II for OKST went for 284 rushing yards and 4 TD today. 

Last week 284 all purpose and 2 TD. 

He’d be a legit Heisman contender if Gundy hadn’t been so conservative in the non-con.

Crazy to land on 284 two weeks in a row, even if a bit different stats.  

14 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Ollie Gordon II for OKST went for 284 rushing yards and 4 TD today. 

Last week 284 all purpose and 2 TD. 

He’d be a legit Heisman contender if Gundy hadn’t been so conservative in the non-con.

He gives me Jalen Warren vibes…makes something out of nothing.  Bowman was sharp too.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, naija said:

are you telling me that Duke is now fielding a legitimate football team

Perhaps not the most overwhelming in terms of raw talent, but they are physical, and I like their attitude.  Shockingly enough, they play smart, and they appear very well coached.  

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

Perhaps not the most overwhelming in terms of raw talent, but they are physical, and I like their attitude.  Shockingly enough, they play smart, and they appear very well coached.  

and Aggie wants their coach.  bad.

Just now, naija said:

and Aggie wants their coach.  bad.

You guys know this better than I do, every school has a few crazy rich alumni that tries to pull all the strings and has to be reigned in, but I get the sense A&M has 30 of those types of guys, am I right?  

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

You guys know this better than I do, every school has a few crazy rich alumni that tries to pull all the strings and has to be reigned in, but I get the sense A&M has 30 of those types of guys, am I right?  

money is not an issue at A&M. most times. sure Fisher's contract is out there, but if there are few schools that would pay that buy off and those guys are crazy enough to do it.

plus he has already spent time there, so they don't have to worry about getting him through the cult initiation