West Virginia (14th meeting)

Arkansas Pine-Bluff (1st meeting)

Oregon State (2nd meeting)

BYU (3rd meeting)

Oklahoma State (51st meeting)

Kansas (26th meeting) 

UCF (2nd meeting)

That is some grim shit, right there. 

I wonder who has the blandest home schedule in the Big 12 next year? This one has to be competing for the title.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2025 is grim.

But we will be adidas soon.  There is hope!

Actually, the road game in Boulder sounds like more fun to me, than any of those games in LBK.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That is some grim shit, right there. 

I wonder who has the blandest home schedule in the Big 12 next year? This one has to be competing for the title.

Baylor's is pretty grim. Maybe Air Force saves it, I guess. 

Tarleton State

Air Force

BYU

Okie State

TCU

Kansas

Without having checked Baylor attendance lately when UT isn't visiting, I still feel safe assuming that only TCU and BYU have a prayer of seeing half of capacity.

Oh man, BYU in 2024. Wow.

Southern Illinois

KSU

Arizona

Okie State

KU

UH

BYU has a loyal fanbase, but man, they're going to be tested harder than Joseph Smith when it comes to attending that slate. I love college football and Saturdays in the fall are sacred to me, but if I were passing through Provo for some dreaded reason and a local offered me a ticket to catch anyone of those games, I guess maybe, maybe, KSU is a game I would sacrifice 3 hours of my road trip to attend. Probably not though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Tarleton State

Air Force

BYU

Okie State

TCU

Kansas

Without having checked Baylor attendance lately when UT isn't visiting, I still feel safe assuming that only TCU and BYU have a prayer of seeing half of capacity.

TCU and Baylor are a “rivalry”. TCU and SMU are a “rivalry”. BU and TT are a “rivalry”. 

I use quotes, because real rivalries are fun- the anticipation leading up to the game, the feeling that the highs are higher and the lows are lower; that it means something being there. The fans and players all feel it. 

TCU, BU, and TT know that, because that’s what they feel about games with Texas. 

But Texas doesn’t feel that way about games with them. Example- in 2018, Texas beat TCU for the first time since 2013. To Texas fans, it was…another game, not as much fun as USC, not near as much fun as OU. 

The IR8 schools try to build up rivalries into something, but it’s like trying to make yourself love someone you just don’t. It happens organically or it doesn’t happen at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Baylor's rivals are honor and integrity.

Fuck the new 'rivalries' with a rusty shovel.

I wasn't a fan of Yormark's remarks about things running through LBK last season, nor did I appreciate CJM chiming in to add fuel to the fire, when his hummingbird ass hadn't done shit in the Big XII yet.  As a fan of sports in general, it was pretty fucking cool to see Yormark have to live with his statements and present the Horns with the Big XII Championship Trophy.

That being said, if he's gonna run his fucking mouth, he better keep improving the standing of the Big XII.  That is no easy task right now.

3 minutes ago, Duval Street said:

Is that really only the 5th meeting between Tech and ASU?  They shared a conference for over 20 years.

That is surprising.

Saturday, September 16 2017
Home
Lubbock, Texas

W52-45
Links
Saturday, September 10 2016
Away
Tempe, Ariz.

L55-68
Links
Monday, December 30 2013
Neutral
San Diego, Calif.

W37-23
Links
Monday, September 6 1999
Away
Tempe, AZ

L13-31
Stats
Saturday, September 18 1937
Home
Lubbock, Texas

W6-0

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Southern Illinois

KSU

Arizona

Okie State

KU

UH

BYU has a loyal fanbase, but man, they're going to be tested harder than Joseph Smith when it comes to attending that slate. I love college football and Saturdays in the fall are sacred to me, but if I were passing through Provo for some dreaded reason and a local offered me a ticket to catch anyone of those games, I guess maybe, maybe, KSU is a game I would sacrifice 3 hours of my road trip to attend. Probably not though. 

You have to remember what we are coming from. This is better than we used to have it. All winnable, too. 

27 minutes ago, slorch said:

Baylor's rivals are honor and integrity.

Fuck the new 'rivalries' with a rusty shovel.

I wasn't a fan of Yormark's remarks about things running through LBK last season, nor did I appreciate CJM chiming in to add fuel to the fire, when his hummingbird ass hadn't done shit in the Big XII yet.  As a fan of sports in general, it was pretty fucking cool to see Yormark have to live with his statements and present the Horns with the Big XII Championship Trophy.

That being said, if he's gonna run his fucking mouth, he better keep improving the standing of the Big XII.  That is no easy task right now.

Solid work. 

54 minutes ago, slorch said:

2025 is grim.

But we will be adidas soon.  There is hope!

Actually, the road game in Boulder sounds like more fun to me, than any of those games in LBK.

Shut up bitch. You literally are a Tech fan your entire existence and future is grim. Eat shit pussy ass loser cry baby bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Tarleton State

Air Force

BYU

Okie State

TCU

Kansas

I looked early in the season and Baylor had a price list for standing room only tickets.. Texas game was $100 each and the other games were (wishfully) priced at $10-25 . I saw late in the season someone screenshotted that normal tickets Baylor -WVU or some other jabroni could be had for like $4. 

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Shut up bitch. You literally are a Tech fan your entire existence and future is grim. Eat shit pussy ass loser cry baby bitch.

What broken hinge?  There are no hinges at all…

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Southern Illinois

KSU

Arizona

Okie State

KU

UH

KU is a fun watch. As long as Leopold is there I bet they are pretty good and pretty interesting. Outside of KU and maybe OSU there’s not a team in the big 12 I would have any remote interest in attending a game (outside of my fanatical interest in watching Texas of course) and it’s not like I’d be super excited to see those 2, just feel like that would be more entertaining than the rest of the dreck left behind. 

58 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

KU is a fun watch. As long as Leopold is there I bet they are pretty good and pretty interesting. Outside of KU and maybe OSU there’s not a team in the big 12 I would have any remote interest in attending a game (outside of my fanatical interest in watching Texas of course) and it’s not like I’d be super excited to see those 2, just feel like that would be more entertaining than the rest of the dreck left behind. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If KU Football is your fetish, cool. They lost their OC and they don't play defense. They're just kind of a no-name football brand that will tend to play in some high-scoring games. I'll watch them in the morning slate of games because they're on, but they're almost never a program I would go out of the way to watch. Same for OSU.

I used to love watching CU back in their heyday, and Arizona State and Arizona when they were fielding good teams in the PAC 10, but that's not where these teams are at right now. There is trainwreck value in CU with Deion. That's about it with the new group + BYU. BYU was another fun program to watch during the Lovell Edwards era, but they're a really boring team these days. Utah is the definition of boring. 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If KU Football is your fetish, cool. They lost their OC and they don't play defense. They're just kind of a no-name football brand that will tend to play in some high-scoring games. I'll watch them in the morning slate of games because they're on, but they're almost never a program I would go out of the way to watch. Same for OSU.

I used to love watching CU back in their heyday, and Arizona State and Arizona when they were fielding good teams in the PAC 10, but that's not where these teams are at right now. There is trainwreck value in CU with Deion. That's about it with the new group + BYU. BYU was another fun program to watch during the Lovell Edwards era, but they're a really boring team these days. Utah is the definition of boring. 

Yeah- we are on the same page with where we would prioritize watching Kansas or maybe OSU- if nothing else compelling was on as the tallest midget from an entertainment purpose.

There is a clear new watching paradigm for Texas fans now- IMO:

1) Texas

2) OU or aggy- hoping they lose

3) SEC powerhouse schools as our main competition in mindshare and accolades and seeding and the like

4) Big 10 game of the week if it's highly compelling

5) SEC non interesting games involving teams we will play as a scouting session (think- Florida v Kentucky or Mississippi State v Vanderbilt as a for example)

6) Kansas, OSU or some other big 12 team that's sort of compelling.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't get past #3 very often as far as viewing goes.  It's just #3 used to be fellow big 12 conference members we were in competition with and now we've upgraded that to be a lot more important.  If I'm home alone all day on a Saturday then sure- I might get all the way down to 5 or 6.  But that will be pretty infrequent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If you can’t have fun on a gameday in Ames or Manhattan or Morgantown I don’t know what to tell you, that’s just hating life. Boulder is a great visit too, and I imagine their gameday is fun when they are good or otherwise give a shit with a flashy coach. Waco and Lubbock suck but I know I could find some fun tailgates and drinking spots if need be. Utah and BYU have scenery and are rabid, and the Zona schools have scenery in multiple ways. The only newbs I really have no interest in visiting are UH and UCF, but again, if offered a ticket and a tailgate I’m sure I’d enjoy myself.

Edited by 'stache

54 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If you can’t have fun on a gameday in Ames or Manhattan or Morgantown I don’t know what to tell you, that’s just hating life. Boulder is a great visit too, and I imagine their gameday is fun when they are good or otherwise give a shit with a flashy coach. Waco and Lubbock suck but I know I could find some fun tailgates and drinking spots if need be. Utah and BYU have scenery and are rabid, and the Zona schools have scenery in multiple ways. The only newbs I really have no interest in visiting are UH and UCF, but again, if offered a ticket and a tailgate I’m sure I’d enjoy myself.

I was talking about watching on tv or going to see play in Austin and being excited. 
I’ve been to (at least) a game at every venue in the OG big 12 (except Norman- bc we play in Dallas) and sure game day is game day anywhere and fun. 
let’s just say though having seen all of that it’s not Bama, TN or LSU to name 3 places that I’ve been recently. 

Texas Tech Home Football Schedules - The History and Quality Run Deep
Abilene Christian (1st meeting)
North Texas (6th meeting)
Arizona State (5th meeting)
Cincinnati (2nd meeting)
Baylor (81st meeting)
Colorado (11th meeting)
BYU (3rd meeting)
Kansas (26th meeting) 
UCF (2nd meeting)

giphy.gif

On 2/14/2024 at 2:23 AM, slorch said:

I mean, are you REALLY spouting off attendance numbers on Jan 6th?!  It's during the break between semesters, and students are typically no where near campus.  These are typically the least attended games and always have been.  And with all the local Tech students and alumni in town during that timeframe it makes it easy to snag up those empty seats.

But you just tell yourself whatever you want to hear...

21 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The local LDS chapters will come out of the woodworks to fill up the visitor sections of BYU away games.  Hope most of the Big 12 stadiums expand their bike parking 10-fold.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Southern Illinois

KSU

Arizona

Okie State

KU

UH

You really have to soak it in to enjoy weekends in Provo. 

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Jasper_Jester said:

I'm sure that some of these new Big 12 matchups will materialize into rivalries. It just isn't clear what those are yet. But it is football, somebody will say or do something and fan bases will start to hate each other forever. 

I'm not so sure. We had 25 years to develop rivalries in the Big 12 and I'm not sure we're leaving one behind.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

I'm not so sure. We had 25 years to develop rivalries in the Big 12 and I'm not sure we're leaving one behind.

we aren't.  our decade of suckitude made it appear there were rivalries.  

3 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

True, but on the other side of the coin, every Big 12 school, even the newest ones, are losing their biggest rival with Texas leaving.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/12/2024 at 12:29 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Those schools should be happy. We are so bad and evil, I can’t think of a reason why they’d want to keep playing us now that they aren’t forced to. 

they should be continuing their hatred by telling anyone who will listen that they refuse to schedule Texas. 

Yeah, like aggy did while simultaneously dodging us when we invited them to play us.

(a few years ago), "Mr. Yormark.  The committee has charged me with hiring you to maintain the Big XII, perhaps even expand it.  We need new TV deals, exciting rivalries, more national presence, and high-level scheduling.  And of course, it goes without saying, keep our top tiered programs like Texas and Oklahoma within the league for years to come..."

Steve, "Best I can do is Abilene Christian at Texas Tech in 2024."

-Now that's just a straight-shooter with upper level management written all over him...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/14/2024 at 11:42 AM, alincoln said:

Texas Tech Home Football Schedules - The History and Quality Run Deep

Abilene Christian (1st meeting)

North Texas (6th meeting)

Arizona State (5th meeting)

Cincinnati (2nd meeting)

Baylor (81st meeting)

Colorado (11th meeting)

BYU (3rd meeting)

Kansas (26th meeting) 

UCF (2nd meeting)

Good Lord.  That is a $5 sit where you want tickets from the HEB customer service desk schedule.   Looks like 2 for 1 ticket prices now run through Lubbock.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PvilleStang said:

Should we just merge this thread and the left-behind thread?  Most this crap has very little to do with Mrs. Yormark's cuckold.

The new Big 12 is his purview and he’ll peel back around with more stupid shit any day now. The other thread is just bashing on and commenting on shit related to Irate Eight whining and pettiness.