Surly Horns Road Trip Part Deux Electric Boogaloo

immamac

11 hours ago, immamac said:

Will do a long update tomorrow. We are cooked. Most of us running on 4 1/2 hours of sleep in the last 48. The internet was a significant issue today and prevented a lot of sharing. The cool thing was absolutely no one was on their phones, they just didn’t work with the outside world except voice calls on ATT. 

we love you

starlink

5 minutes ago, jwtexan said:

Things are going great on the drive back. Definitely not still 8 hours from Texas with no generator after replacing 3 batteries in Mississippi 

IMG_5475.jpeg

IMG_5476.jpeg

Side note: if anyone knows a mechanic in Meridian, Mississippi who can get a generator working, hit up RBG or Immamac stat

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

just called AAA - they would have dispatched someone if i were on the RV - is anyone on the RV a direct immediate family member (spouse/daughter/son) of a AAA family member

post generator model i will call truck stops on i-20

where are you in meridian - text me location

Onan RV QG4000

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, beer said:

Just saw this

251.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

No. 4 Texas Longhorns

Previous ranking: 11

2023 record: 2-0

Week 2 result: Defeated Alabama 34-24

Stat to know: Quinn Ewers completed 16 of 20 passes for 225 yards and two touchdowns on first down.

What's next: Saturday vs. Wyoming, 8 p.m., Longhorn Network

Just heard someone talking about this while I boarded the plan back to Austin...that you?

1 minute ago, beer said:
27 minutes ago, immamac said:

Try running with the bathroom vent open while you drive and make sure you put some of the orange or blue odor junk in the tank. 

I dumped the tanks - black water valve doesn't' work correctly - had to quick swap with FULL flow of 3/4 black water spewing out as soon as you unscrewed. It was a legitimately shitty morning. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, YGIFS said:

(White shirt, 9 o'clock in the photo, black wristband) Narrator, "Though markedly shorter due to a shift in the earth's gravitational pull in the future's solar disruptions.  A significantly older, by decades, Quinn Ewers travels back in time with renewed mullet to 2023 Tuscaloosa, AL.  Not to warn humanity about the pending doom, but rather to tell his younger self how to read the Tide's coverages under air and advise his line to meet their crash rush.  Ewers leads them to a win, but all is lost to Earth by 2073."  

Now wait just a minute... that hair looks suspiciously like it could be tied up into a man bun.

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Very much was. I’d say minimum 1/3rd of the stands

15 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Guess there’s really no way to know approximately how many Horn fans were there….looked like a lot.

There were moments that I believed Texas did something good but the crowd cheered so loud I thought I had missed something good happening for Bama, but it was just Texas fans that numerous and loud,

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• immamac unpinned this topic