2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

1.  Coach looks like he could still suit up and wreck some shit.

2. That Stroub pass to Nico on the sideline...  C.J. is throwing off his back foot with pretty much just upper body strength.   That was an amazing (and dangerous) pass.  Nico made a great adjustment on the ball.   All in all, one of those plays you need to break your way in a game like that.

CJ’s arm strength say fuck footwork 

22 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Any ideas on game time?  I’m hoping Sunday night or Monday night.  Going hunting Thursday and won’t be back until Sunday afternoon. 

We have never played anything but the early Saturday game in the first round, I don’t see that changing this year…

• Hook 'Em 3

Fairly certain that our 2024 schedule includes an away game versus the team that finished in the same spot as us from the NFC East. With their win today, that would be the Cowboys.

The NFL has a chance to make Thanksgiving week 2024 the greatest football week in the history of the state…

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Fairly certain that our 2024 schedule includes an away game versus the team that finished in the same spot as us from the NFC East. With their win today, that would be the Cowboys.

The NFL has a chance to make Thanksgiving week 2024 the greatest football week in the history of the state…

That is a tough fucking schedule. We might be a much better team next year and still only get 10 wins. Going from wildcard to #1 seed in the conference is one of the toughest things to do in sports.

• Like 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Man, there is so much speed in this Miami-Buffalo game. We have like 1 player with this type of speed in Dell, maybe two with Nico. We really need to add some team speed in the draft.

hell yes and big ugly guys on the line 

22 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Man, there is so much speed in this Miami-Buffalo game. We have like 1 player with this type of speed in Dell, maybe two with Nico. We really need to add some team speed in the draft.

I think they need to take a RB higher than most draftniks would be comfortable with. 

Coach might not like it, but I think they need to address RB and WR in the first 3 rounds. 

28 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Fucking NFL schedulers. No prime time games this season. Saturday afternoon slot for like the 5th consecutive Texans playoff game. 

Cleveland is a small market team, and I think as far as NFL teams go, the Texans are a mid-market team.  If they were playing the Bills or Steelers it would be a prime time game. Both teams matter, it's not entirely the Texans fault for getting an afternoon slot. Need either a big market, or a huge legacy following of fans to get the good spots. 

Edited by Dutchrudder

Yeah that's fair. McAfee gushing over CJ too. Hopefully this means ESPN will take notice and move Houston up the TV pecking order next year and for the next decade. It's crazy to think that you could make an argument that the current top 4 QBs are all in the AFC right now. 

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’d kick the tires on Barkley too. He’s probably on the backside of his career, but he could be useful for a season or two if the price is right.

Obviously Johnathan Brooks would be great if he were to fall to us.

Big money RBs are a huge waste of money. 1st round RBs are ok if extraordinary. Just use em up on the cheap deal, replace them and let em go.

Barkley gets hurt easy, won’t play for minimum, and has never made a difference.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Not a Texans fan, but pretty amazing result this season, made even more amazing that it was done while losing to the Jets and Panthers.

Could have easily been a 12 win team with #2 seed. Nfl gonna nfl.

We also lost to the Falcons.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Well besides the most recent Saturday night primetime game to end the season. 

That wasn’t scheduled by the league. It was a flex based on playoff impact, not because the NFL wanted the Texans to get a prime time game when they could give a third one to the Packers or 9th one to the Cowboys. I think you know what I meant though, you surly asshole. 

Draft order for playoff teams gets grouped by which weekend you get eliminated, then record among those losers. Beating Cleveland will improve the first round pick by two or three spots, if playoff advancement wasn’t enough motivation to punk the Browns. 

28 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Draft order for playoff teams gets grouped by which weekend you get eliminated, then record among those losers. Beating Cleveland will improve the first round pick by two or three spots, if playoff advancement wasn’t enough motivation to punk the Browns. 

Yeah, having a better pick than the one we gave to Arizona would be hilarious.