2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

Officials missed tripping call before Lions' controversial penalty - ESPN

According to this report on ESPN, in the previous series, the officials, in error, flagged Cowboy TE Hendershot for tripping which essentially forced us to kick a FG. A review showed it was a Lions player doing the tripping. Without that call, we likely could have taken more time off the clock (unless of course, Fat Fuck McCarthy found a way to fuck it up). It would have been second and three at the Lion 22 yd line. So, hey, Karma baby, karma.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Officials missed tripping call before Lions' controversial penalty - ESPN
According to this report on ESPN, in the previous series, the officials, in error, flagged Cowboy TE Hendershot for tripping which essentially forced us to kick a FG. A review showed it was a Lions player doing the tripping. Without that call, we likely could have taken more time off the clock (unless of course, Fat Fuck McCarthy found a way to fuck it up). It would have been second and three at the Lion 22 yd line. So, hey, Karma baby, karma.

With the penalty it would have been first and 10 inside the 20 at the 2 minute warning
  • Hook 'Em 4

Only one question remains: Who do the Cowboys lose to next weekend?

They don’t.

If they hold on they prob get Seattle again and won’t overlook them.

Then maybe Detroit or rams at in Dallas? Both beaten(even if rough going against Detroit).

Best chance to get to the NFC title game and one more feather in Daks cap

Of course, the answer is the Commanders. We are the visitors and strange shit has been known to happen. They're 4-12. So are the Cards who upset Philly today. Wash held SF to 27pts. The Cards (who kicked our butts early in the year) allowed SF 45pts and 35pts in two meetings.

On the plus side of the ledger, the NFL wants the Cowboys for ratings and $. Kind of looks like a tossup. If we win, we're the #2 seed.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

Did we have anything to play for last year when Washington kicked our ass all game to end the season in Washington?i can't remember if Philly already had the 1 seed wrapped up or if we needed them to lose but they were playing at the same time as us.

Did we have anything to play for last year when Washington kicked our ass all game to end the season in Washington?i can't remember if Philly already had the 1 seed wrapped up or if we needed them to lose but they were playing at the same time as us.
They needed to win and Philly loss, which they didn't get. But you remember correctly that they were trying all game and looked like shit. 202c3e51a46886c6069003acc3e7a94c.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I'm certain Fat Fuck Mike will give them a rip-roaring pre game pep talk - fire and brimstone stuff - that will get this team thru  at least the first quarter.  This is one 4 and 12 team we can be competitive with. Look out Washington. We're thinking long and hard about beating you guys.

How one week can change everything. Eagles have lost, what, 4 of 5 now? Blown out against Dallas and SF back to back weeks. Then lost to Seattle and Arizona. They had a close win against NY on Christmas day. And mix in all the internal beef going on with AJ Brown and the rest of their locker room. The shine has worn off Hurts compared to last year. He is now a turnover machine and his most effective play is one where the OL does all the work. They can obviously make a turn going into the playoffs but they aren't having that home field and basically a 2 game free pass to get to the Super Bowl where game 1 was against Daniel Jones and game 2 was SF playing Josh Johnson and wildcat with CMC basically the whole game.

I don't fear Philly at all. Hit them in the mouth, they fold up. Soft, front runners. SF on the other hand, the complete opposite. They go out and bully teams, including us.

LA Rams are a team that is very hot. Has won 6 of 7. What was supposed to be a very down team, is now the sexy pick to make some upsets in the playoffs.

SF is still the team to beat, the rest is wide open. If we don’t fold completely, McCarthy’s inability to understand how a clock works will knock us out of any close game against a playoff team. I really do not like him.

Edited by 'stache

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

SF is still the team to beat, the rest is wide open. If we don’t fold completely, McCarthy’s inability to understand how a clock works will knock us out of any close game against a playoff team. I really do not like him.

In the Detroit game, I didn't have a problem passing on 2nd down. It's the type of pass play called. Went very deep. He's did this a lot. Low percentage throws to the sideline. Should have been something quicker over the middle to gain yards and keep the clock moving. The 2nd down call did neither. Once the bullshit penalty happened and it became 1st and 20 instead of 2nd and 3, it was to force Detroit to use both their turnovers, run clock after 3rd down down as far, kick a FG on 4th and leave Detroit with under a minute with no timeouts, needing a TD.

One thing we don't have is a strong OL and we have a putrid run game. No one to get tough yards. Zeke could do this. Pollard can't. 

Going back one drive prior, I wanted us to try and burn clock and end the game. A 4min drive. But without a run game, this gets tougher. 

Stephen Jones was just on the Fan. Asked about the fumble thru the end zone rule. He is on a the competition committee. He said he was up in the air on the rule, now he’s not. I think they change it to spot if the fumble, ball to defense.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Stephen Jones was just on the Fan. Asked about the fumble thru the end zone rule. He is on a the competition committee. He said he was up in the air on the rule, now he’s not. I think they change it to spot if the fumble, ball to defense.

I prefer it stays as is

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If 40 years of being a cowboys fan has taught me anything.  Win and you’re in win and you get anything is what Dallas does best.  They always show up and proceed to get skyllfucked 

I expect Washington to look like superbowl champs 

• Haha 1

If 40 years of being a cowboys fan has taught me anything.  Win and you’re in win and you get anything is what Dallas does best.  They always show up and proceed to get skyllfucked 

I expect Washington to look like superbowl champs 
I think Dallas should be focused enough to win this. Washington does have some fight as we saw on Thanksgiving. Their QB can play well for stretches. Their defense can be had though.

No idea what the weather will be like on Sunday. That can play a factor as we don't have a run game to lean on in bad weather.

But it would surprise me none to see Dallas fuck around and lose this and Philly back door into the 2 seed.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Washington has no incentive to win this game. In fact, they have every reason to lose. They are in drivers seat for number two pick in the draft and a win could push them back as far as 6. In a loaded draft even if they wanted to trade down, the difference between 2 and 5 or 6 is huge. 

If Dallas manages to lose it would be one of the biggest choke jobs in a long time. 13 point favorites against a team with that type of incentive to lose would be criminal. 

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Washington is firing their coach no matter the result i think well be OK.

If that is the case, they will end up playing their asses off to impress Eric Bieniemy then.

This shit just happen too many times on Cowboy layups.

There are two qbs considered worthy of the top pick so they want that two spot for sure. Hope they roll over and let us rest some guys in the second half. But they hate us as much as we hate them so who knows. 

If Cowboys don’t beat Washington, both Dak and McCarthy need to be gone.  If Dak can’t win this game under the circumstances, he’s a lost cause.  I haven’t liked McCarthy as HC since watching him totally blow the 2015 conference championship game to Seattle.  He got carried by Rodgers all those years and watching him routinely make bonehead decisions during Cowboy games continues to reinforce that perception.

Washington has no incentive to win this game. In fact, they have every reason to lose. They are in drivers seat for number two pick in the draft and a win could push them back as far as 6. In a loaded draft even if they wanted to trade down, the difference between 2 and 5 or 6 is huge. 

If Dallas manages to lose it would be one of the biggest choke jobs in a long time. 13 point favorites against a team with that type of incentive to lose would be criminal. 

Same was said last year and Lovie Smith gave a big fuck you sendoff to the Texans. Were I the new owners of the Skins I’d fire the entire coaching staff, bench the starters, elevate the practice squad, and hire CarrotTop to coach with instructions to punt on first down. Rivera will try to coach his sorry ass off.
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, ITHorn said:

Buckle Up Tv Show GIF by Happy Place

8 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

If Cowboys don’t beat Washington, both Dak and McCarthy need to be gone.  If Dak can’t win this game under the circumstances, he’s a lost cause.  I haven’t liked McCarthy as HC since watching him totally blow the 2015 conference championship game to Seattle.  He got carried by Rodgers all those years and watching him routinely make bonehead decisions during Cowboy games continues to reinforce that perception.

I'm hoping for a 2021 season ending performance where we went into Philly and wiped the floor went them to end the season on a high note (before getting bullied by SF at home in the first round).

I'm not sure the last time Dallas played for the East title in terms of them controlling their own destiny on the very last week. Not depending on another team losing. And a loss means probably not winning (assuming Eagles take care of the Giants). I guess it would have to go back to the 2013 game, our 3rd in 3 years defacto NFC East championships.

I know in 2019, we did play Philly next to last week of the season and that game kind of determined the East. We won, and I think we would have won the East? Played like dogshit that day and lost. Missed the playoffs entirely. But by that point in the season, this team looked like junk and really going nowhere. East was week that year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Same was said last year and Lovie Smith gave a big fuck you sendoff to the Texans. Were I the new owners of the Skins I’d fire the entire coaching staff, bench the starters, elevate the practice squad, and hire CarrotTop to coach with instructions to punt on first down. Rivera will try to coach his sorry ass off.

And in a funny twist, this actually worked out for them. Bryce Young was the consensus #1 for so many draft boards. Although Carolina's coach wanted Stroud, most front offices with that pick was going with Bryce. Carolina took Bryce and Houston took Stroud, which worked out for him as Stroud looks way more polished and pro ready. Granted, it could be a product of playing for a shit franchise in Carolina that is going to have its 4th head coach in like 3 years. And no real future. Houston looks to be building something solid. 

• Like 1

The Skins meteoric crash to a top 2 draft pick has fueled euphoric hopes of getting a top 2 pick .. primarily hometown homeboy Caleb Williams.

If the Cowboyz somehow choke, Rivera and the rest of his dogshit staff might be found floating in the Anacostia River Monday morning.  I’m even pulling for dallas tomorrow … 🤢

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I prefer it stays as is

I didn’t say it needs to be changed just what SJ said. He was being funny when he said it. The media is always beating the drum when it happens that it’s unfair and it’s a dumb argument. They always say “if I fumble here it stays my ball. Fumble here and it’s a touchback. Yep. Get tackled here it’s third down. Get tackled here it’s a TD.

Uhh one, don’t fumble. Second, the end zone is sacred territory different than the rest of the field. Rules are different. Take a sack in the end zone it’s a safety, way different than a sack in field. I doubt it changes though dumbass Troy Vincent is saying it will be discussed by the comp committee.
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

There’s a hefty fine involved but why would they not just throw in the towel? Never understood how the league thinks it can stop this when the incentives are clear as day. Even with  lottery NBA teams tank often.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I didn’t say it needs to be changed just what SJ said. He was being funny when he said it. The media is always beating the drum when it happens that it’s unfair and it’s a dumb argument. They always say “if I fumble here it stays my ball. Fumble here and it’s a touchback. Yep. Get tackled here it’s third down. Get tackled here it’s a TD.

Uhh one, don’t fumble. Second, the end zone is sacred territory different than the rest of the field. Rules are different. Take a sack in the end zone it’s a safety, way different than a sack in field. I doubt it changes though dumbass Troy Vincent is saying it will be discussed by the comp committee.

I think this rule is a holdover from rugby type days.  I like it.  you want to fuck around near the goal line you could find out.  It doesn't happen that often and is something that benefits the D.

I can see changing it that the D team gets the ball where the fumble occurred vs. the 20 yard line.

10 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

The Skins meteoric crash to a top 2 draft pick has fueled euphoric hopes of getting a top 2 pick .. primarily hometown homeboy Caleb Williams.

That Dr. Pepper fansville commercial really is the curse that keeps on cursing for Caleb

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t understand how the Cowboys didn’t sign Dalvin Cook and let him go to the Ravens. Pollard isn’t the same this season and he could have been a huge asset going into the playoffs 

Cook wants a ring. I’d go to the Ravens for a month as well.

We’ll see what he’s got left in the tank. He hasn’t shown much.

I just have no idea why they didn't address the backup RB position at all. Pollard isn't that effective as an every down back once Zeke left. Not even close. None of the other guys behind him are anything to write home about.

Hard to really control clock and the game with this running attack.

18 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t understand how the Cowboys didn’t sign Dalvin Cook and let him go to the Ravens. Pollard isn’t the same this season and he could have been a huge asset going into the playoffs 

Especially with their RB depth already being compromised. 

It may have come down to multiple teams offering a standard PS deal and Cook going where he preferred to go.

Edited by DougO
  • Hook 'Em 1

Especially with their RB depth already being compromised. 
It may have come down to multiple teams offering a standard PS deal and Cook going where he preferred to go.

If you’re a free agent RB with his tenure, and are basically signing to be insurance for the playoffs, where would you go? I don’t blame him for going there.

2024 season opponents. Bijan and our old NFC Championship and Super Bowl foes on the road.

Dallas Cowboys

Home:  Ravens, Bengals, Saints, Buccaneers, Texans, Lions

Away: Falcons, Panthers, Browns, Steelers, 49ers

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 9:04 PM, Pig Bellmont said:

Because Dalvin Cook is even more not the same than Pollard is at this juncture.