2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

so biggest difference in the playoff game vs last half of reg season was getting Lamb the ball.  McCarthy seemed to have figured something out to get CD the ball even when other teams knew that was the obvious plan in the regular season.  5 games in a row of over 100 yards and a TD or whatever the stat was.  did the Packers just corch up a better scheme to shut down Lamb and Dallas had no answers?  did the last 8 coaches Dallas faced prior the Packers just not care about stopping Lamb?  I get that playoffs are a whole different deal, but damn.

I think 

23 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

so biggest difference in the playoff game vs last half of reg season was getting Lamb the ball.  McCarthy seemed to have figured something out to get CD the ball even when other teams knew that was the obvious plan in the regular season.  5 games in a row of over 100 yards and a TD or whatever the stat was.  did the Packers just corch up a better scheme to shut down Lamb and Dallas had no answers?  did the last 8 coaches Dallas faced prior the Packers just not care about stopping Lamb?  I get that playoffs are a whole different deal, but damn.

On 1/22/2024 at 11:01 AM, LTtxfan said:

Micah's brother, CeeDee's mom, DAK's brother, and Digg's brother all saying shit on social media...  

It's just drama, but it's getting out more than usual.  Seems like maybe on purpose? Cut Dak, sign Ceedee, then roll the dice with Lance or Rush

Dak has a no-trade, no-tag clause.  What exactly did Dallas get out of that fucking contract?

WORKED.    That is what they got.

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

No shit, he gave up 6 TD's on GB's first 7 drives. What a loser of a QB. 

Let’s not pretend that the offense having a few good scoring drives doesn’t keep the score closer, limit the possessions for the other team, and give the defense some time to analyze what’s happening to them before they have to get back out there. 

That stat does include the 20 yard td drive courtesy of a dak int, but does it count the pick 6 as a possession?  Because I’m not sure how the defense stops that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

True. But when every defensive drive is giving up a TD, not even holding them to a FG, there's no momentum to be had. And I still blame Fat Mike and his 10 play offense more than Dak's performance. Once the defense knows the plays it's a fucking problem and this team never adjusts on either side of the ball. I seriously have no idea how these coaches reach this level without any ability to pivot when necessary.

After the great big middle finger JJ gave every single Cowboys fan when he announced McCarthy will be back, I am officially done with this team.  I was already apathetic, but now I genuinely dislike this team.  The only player I really give a shit about is Micah and I mostly feel sorry for him...he's DeMarcus Ware 2.0.  A HOF caliber player that will have to leave to win a title after trying for most of his career in Dallas.  Romo is Dak 2.0. Same as it ever was.  I'm officially out until JJ is under ground.  I fucking HATE what he has done to the Cowboys.

• Hook 'Em 4

After the great big middle finger JJ gave every single Cowboys fan when he announced McCarthy will be back, I am officially done with this team.  I was already apathetic, but now I genuinely dislike this team.  The only player I really give a shit about is Micah and I mostly feel sorry for him...he's DeMarcus Ware 2.0.  A HOF caliber player that will have to leave to win a title after trying for most of his career in Dallas.  Romo is Dak 2.0. Same as it ever was.  I'm officially out until JJ is under ground.  I fucking HATE what he has done to the Cowboys.

Micah is not worth a $40 million a year contract. If Dak gets his deal, Micah gets $40m and CeeDee $30m, three players will eat half the cap.

Purdy makes $889k.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:22 AM, Texzilla58 said:

The issue is McCarthy doesn’t seem to know what to do if his go to is taken away. Or Dak. CeeDee doubled? Then someone should be fucking open. Doofuses.

With Dak, someone's ALWAYS open, especially the defenders.

On 1/24/2024 at 2:10 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Let’s not pretend that the offense having a few good scoring drives doesn’t keep the score closer, limit the possessions for the other team, and give the defense some time to analyze what’s happening to them before they have to get back out there. 

That stat does include the 20 yard td drive courtesy of a dak int, but does it count the pick 6 as a possession?  Because I’m not sure how the defense stops that. 

Let's not pretend like that 20 yard td drive courtesy of a Dak INT to make it 14-0 didn't have an horrific pass interference on the CB basically tackling the receiver to make an INT.  But that still doesn't solve the problems of Fat Mike not adjusting to the defense and the entire defense getting worked like South Austin's mom on a tuesday.  

On 1/24/2024 at 9:46 PM, Hate said:

This is me.  I was cowboys fan my whole life, but kinda apathetic through the Romo years.  Now I just actively root against Jerry Jones. It's kinda fun.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/24/2024 at 9:39 PM, futureman said:

gimme that extension, baby.  I can't wait to see that piece of shit choking clown get 50/year for another 5 years.  he's the luckiest son of a bitch on earth.  good for him. 

$50MM? lol, I bet it’s closer to $60MM.

On 1/24/2024 at 10:46 PM, Hate said:

This was me when they signed TO, I despised that corksoaker but then I found myself still watching the games. I’d give my left ovarie to have him on the roster now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 9:39 PM, futureman said:

gimme that extension, baby.  I can't wait to see that piece of shit choking clown get 50/year for another 5 years.  he's the luckiest son of a bitch on earth.  good for him. 

I mean, look at that stat line! 400 yards and 4 TDs! In an almost win! He definitely deserves more than Mahomes!

• Hook 'Em 1

This is me.  I was cowboys fan my whole life, but kinda apathetic through the Romo years.  Now I just actively root against Jerry Jones. It's kinda fun.  
Jerry doesn't care about the Cowboys winning though. Rooting for Jerry to lose would be the revenue the stadium brings in decreasing. And that's not happening. The World Cup Finals are coming there. That's massive for him. The Cowboys is just another event that happens about 10 times a year, including preseason.

On 1/24/2024 at 9:46 PM, Hate said:

That's where I'm with this joke of a football team. Thank God Texas seems to be back on the right track, because the Cowcunts are hopeless. Just die, Jerry. You suck.

archie-bunker-shoot-me-finger-gun.gif.0c3807b015ddf03104e9b595ec1c8a03.gif

Edited by General Colt
  • Haha 1

Love that Philly hired Kellen Moore. Hurts’ time in the limelight is over. 

Or they’ll have a ton of success and it’ll turn out that Ginger was the problem.

Neither would surprise me.

Edited by 'stache

Aikman talking to Stephen A - short version. Hope this hasn't been posted, but it's worth a listen. You can gleen a few tidbits from Aikman's comments. Some commercialization by Sports Junkie I could do without. Biggest takeaway, Jimmy Johnson was more upset than the Dallas coaches at halftime.

Re Aikman: it was a miracle we got him instead of Mandarich. He continues to give back to football and Cowboy fans. Talk about a throwback to better times... Outstanding announcer IMHO. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

jerry's all in on 2024.

WGAF at this point?  Seriously.  "We gonna try now..."

Bull fucking shit.  You just lined up a redux of Coach Milk and Cookies and Captain Pick 6.

Fuck you Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys.

I've watched more NFL this season than probably in the last 5+ years combined.  And I've noticed that Jerry Jones receives far more screen time than Taylor Swift during broadcasts.  And the same people who bitch about her :30 of coverage are the same people who can't get in line fast enough to give Jerry Jones more of their money for a losing product.  Most curious, Captain.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, slorch said:

jerry's all in on 2024.

Bull fucking shit.  You just lined up a redux of Coach Milk and Cookies and Captain Pick 6.

If Jerry was "all in", Jim Harbaugh would be the coach right now. Fuck that lying POS.

The Cowboys exist to make Jerry feel important and there's no other priority.

jerry's all in on 2024.

Like you’re now telling us you haven’t been all in for the last fucking 28 years? Thanks for admitting the truth.

So how all in can you be Jerry?
1. Your $4 mil a year HC is a dead man walking. And he sucks balls.
2. Your DC remains Mr 28-3. Idiot that won’t leave town.
3. Team is $27 mil over the cap. The folks with bad contracts are not folks you want to extend, like Steele and Gallup, to make room. So who gets whacked to make room to get these FAs you’re talking about?
4. Your playoff choke artist QB has a murderous contract with only terrible options. We know you will extend him for five more years of misery. He can go 17-0 and we know he’ll fold like a cheap suit against sisters of Mercy in a playoff game.
5. Will you trade parsons to get some draft capital or extend his ass two years early? Keep him on the cheap and use him up like a RB.
6. CeeDee will be extended on a crazy deal that will somehow cost us more cap space than it should.

So where do these all in FAs come from and how do you pay them?

I expect whatever decisions he makes will all be the wrong ones.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I've watched Super Bowl XII a number of times, but I don't recall that I've ever watched a YouTube video of the 1977 NFC Championship game against the Vikings that sent the Cowboys to the Super Bowl that year.

Watching this, I'm struck by two things.  1) How boring just about anyone of the previous 2-3 generations would find the offensive play, and 2) The tackling.  There's just no defenders lowering their heads and trying to knock a guy down with their shoulder(s).  Tacklers keep their heads up, and bring their arms to wrap up on every tackle.

My God, how I miss that second part.

Edited by Augustus