2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

15 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Yes sir.  A female friend and I were looking for an apartment one year.  Long story short, she had the cash and credit score, so she got more of the say-so.  One of the spots we looked at was a block from the field.  I damn near resorted to begging her to pick this spot. I did get a cool pic one time of Troy, Aikman, and Irvin standing side-by-side from about 5 feet back once.  I need to see if I can find that.

I think you meant Emmett, Aikman, and Irvin…Right?

Was looking for a navigation app that would let me create a custom guided multi-road route where the app would not deviate from the original map in any way while you're on the road (cough Google Maps).

And I found the map app that Dak uses!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.here.app.maps&hl=en_US&gl=US

image.png.b7341d06c5e4315f2f5c10107cff596c.png

Edited by ATXbronco
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2024 at 4:31 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Yes sir.  A female friend and I were looking for an apartment one year.  Long story short, she had the cash and credit score, so she got more of the say-so.  One of the spots we looked at was a block from the field.  I damn near resorted to begging her to pick this spot. I did get a cool pic one time of Troy, Aikman, and Irvin standing side-by-side from about 5 feet back once.  I need to see if I can find that.

Why don’t you find the pics of your female friend instead

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/13/2024 at 8:20 AM, Tommy Shelby said:

I think you meant Emmett, Aikman, and Irvin…Right?

Emmett Till?  Dr. Emmett Brown?  who the fuck are you talking about?

how the FUCK do you not know how to spell Emmitt Smith’s name?  dumbass. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 7:34 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Well, I was on the 40 in the mid-90's.  Not everyone can be prestigious enough to make the "Chicks over 40...." thread.

Did she have weird thumbs or something?

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

do you have a legitimate source of some kind for this groundbreaking information?

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Jimmy used the term "hunky dory" eh?

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hall-of-fame-coach-jimmy-johnson-back-in-the-fold-with-cowboys-jerry-jones-after-ring-of-honor-add/

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/cowboys-jimmy-johnson-hired-jerry-jones-advisory-board-coach-back-dallas

He hasn't coached in like 20 years, I highly doubt he's keeping up with offensive innovations over the years. So he's a perfect fit for Jerry Jones. Nevertheless, if the team somehow has some playoff success next year and the media talks up Jimmy, he'll be tossed aside by Jerry in a millisecond.

Jimmy is a great defensive coach. He took the Jim MacKenzie Oklahoma defense , which he evolved from the d Franks Broyles used in the early 60’s that dominated the SWC in 63-65 which he evolved from the Georgia Tech defense of Bobby Dodd. Jimmy’s probably the highest IQ coach the game has seen. He’s got his degrees in industrial psychology which made him such a great head coach.

Now he’s all about fishing. He probably told Jerry to shit can the staff and get a Norv type guy for coaching Dak.

But  McClay was there right? 

Probably better if McClay and his people do the scouting anyway. At this point they should change almost everything they do under McCarthy to attempt to get a different result. May be worse or may be better but fuck it do something different 

• Hook 'Em 1

Lots of veteran RBs available. But I’m sure Jerruh will come on radio/tv with his shit eating grin (the same shit he keeps trying to sell for 29 years) and will tell us they are going in a different direction. This team will continue to underachieve and terrify no one as long as he’s the GM. Period. The rest is just fans trying to justify why they are fans and stuck being that way. Deep down we all know Jerruh can’t get it done. Not with a salary cap. 

1 hour ago, Texzilla588 said:

Jerry ought to make him play it out like McCarthy. It costs a bit less. Maybe he’ll get a horrible injury and we can move forward. Instead Jerry will sign him to 5 yrs $300m.

did you get banned?  why you have a new name?

I got nothing against Dak. I have no doubt he is making his best effort. I think he is very professional in his approach. He’s just not a QB that will ever win anything. His arm talent is not enough to win in NFL playoff football. He’s the kind of guy that- you learn his abilities and limitations and move on as soon as you can. Like Romo (it always makes me laugh when announcer Romo says, “to win in the playoffs, you have to…”. My family is sick of me yelling “How would you know?”)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 10:31 AM, Texzilla588 said:

Just plain old stupidity. No other way to describe it. This is how you end up drafting idiots and morons and thugs.

I just checked.  If they get on an American trip tomorrow to Indy the ticket is $805!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  F that nonsense, just stay at home and hope for the best. 

1 hour ago, statsman said:

I got nothing against Dak. I have no doubt he is making his best effort. I think he is very professional in his approach. He’s just not a QB that will ever win anything. His arm talent is not enough to win in NFL playoff football. He’s the kind of guy that- you learn his abilities and limitations and move on as soon as you can. Like Romo (it always makes me laugh when announcer Romo says, “to win in the playoffs, you have to…”. My family is sick of me yelling “How would you know?”)

Romo never won anything but he had twice the talent that Dak ever will. 

Lots of veteran RBs available. But I’m sure Jerruh will come on radio/tv with his shit eating grin (the same shit he keeps trying to sell for 29 years) and will tell us they are going in a different direction. This team will continue to underachieve and terrify no one as long as he’s the GM. Period. The rest is just fans trying to justify why they are fans and stuck being that way. Deep down we all know Jerruh can’t get it done. Not with a salary cap. 

I say absofucking no to signing any high dollar high mileage oft injured used up RBs. No to Saquan, no to Jacobs, no to Pollard, no to Derrick Henry. Watch Jerry sign up Zeke for a 3 year $36 mil deal.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, futureman said:

Romo never won anything but he had twice the talent that Dak ever will. 

You’re not wrong. They both suck. Just don’t make me have to listen to Dak on Sundays in a few years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

NFL

15 minutes ago, Hate said:

You’re not wrong. They both suck. Just don’t make me have to listen to Dak on Sundays in a few years.

NFL pregame in a few years:

Dak: “The Eagles are making these moves with an eye towards advancing in the playoffs.”

Romo: “That’s right, Dak! As we know, to win in the playoffs, you have to…”

14 hours ago, statsman said:

Arm talent is NOT why both of those two dudes lost playoff games. 

Edited by lilMAC25