Iowa - Glorying In the Nepotism of the Ferentz Family

closetojumping

Just now, trza-hawk said:

The new starting quarterback is listed at 260 lbs on the depth chart, and he does not carry it well. He looks like he ate a lot of cheeseburgers during his time in Wisconsin. The super hyped transfer quarterback that injured his quad and knee in non-contact injuries couldn't do the rolls and boots and some of the play actions, but this guy can and when he has to spin around it looks like a fat guy doing a pirouette. When the playbook is limited and margins are close, just the littlest bit of mobility makes a difference and injured Cade this year or Petras last season were basically statues in the pocket.

Wait, so new guy is a fatass? I view Iowa as borderline unwatchable unless they're playing someone like OSU or PSU and it's required viewing. If they've got a dancing bear running around back there, however, I might tune in just for grins.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Vogon poetry, imo.

See, see the toothless sky
Marvel at its big yellow-shit depths.
Tell me, Ferentz do you
Wonder why the pululation ignores you?
Why its foobly stare
makes you feel insignificant

as toad testicles?
I can tell you, it is
Worried by your Fromnambulous facial growth
That looks like
A niggardly grass-blade,

And
What's more, it knows
Your rotting sausage potting shed
Smells of butt crack.
Everything under the big toothless sky
Asks why, why do you even bother?

17 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

And yet it doesn't matter (yet) because they play in the Big 10 West and have a good defense and special teams.

Just wait until Lincoln Riley comes to town. It will be the unstoppable force of teams moving the ball on Alex Grinch’s defense, versus the immovable object of Iowa’s offense. A true test for both teams.

• Drool 1

35 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Iowa has a white cornerback that’s currently a projected 1st round draft pick. Like, at cornerback. Cooper Dejean. Jason Sehorn walked so this kid could run. 

He's legitimately an incredible football player.  From a town of less than 1000 people in western Iowa.

Between pick 6s and punt returns, I'm pretty sure he's scored more TDs than Iowa WR during his tenure.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Just wait until Lincoln Riley comes to town. It will be the unstoppable force of teams moving the ball on Alex Grinch’s defense, versus the immovable object of Iowa’s offense. A true test for both teams.

It's it crazy that I want this game?  This actually sounds entertaining.

The transfer portal can be like a game of musical chairs for former blue chip recruits or High School stars who aren't starting at their school and Hudson Card seems to have just wound up at Purdue, and he has trusted his career and development to their OC Graham Harrell and the new staff in West Lafayette. The announcers talked about Harrell bringing some Air Raid to the B1G, but whatever they were running was some kind of weird first year transition with tons of run plays and almost no tempo to speak of. I hadn't followed Graham Harrell, but I thought his stock price was a little higher than being at Purdue. 

The Purdue offense was out of rhythm, all game long. The Iowa defensive line had their best game of the season, Card stood in the pocket too long. He had a move where he would just let the ball fly out of his hands while he was being dragged down by defenders. About the fourth time he did that there was finally an interception. He had medical tape around his neck area and had limited flexibility, maybe some pain from injuries in previous games too. The Hawkeye defenders made some hits that were on the edge of being flagged, the officials just didn't seem real interested in throwing the flags. Jason Garret didn't seem interested in providing color commentary on Peacock.

Anyway, next up is Wisconsin and it looks like its going to end up like the Penn State game.

• Hook 'Em 1

I feel like someone at Harvard's business school needs to do a case study on how the fuck this team is 6-1.

Screenshot_20231014_183245_ESPN.thumb.jpg.7d200854bcae48ad40c0e74feae54ac7.jpg

Pardon the analogy - but they're like a soccer team that just fucks the game up the entire time and wastes time and bullshits and winds up winning 1-0 by scoring on their one good chance of the entire game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

If Iowa holds on, they have a bye next week, and here's the rest of their schedule

Minnesota, @Northwestern, Rutgers, Illinois, @Nebraska.

They are going to win out in spite of their offense.

...and get a good rogering by Ohio State/Michigan in the B1GCG.

• Like 1