Texas opens as a 5 point favorite v Oklahoma

TexasMan

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I’m scratching my head. I’ve watched a few previews and you would sware Oklahoma played the Texas schedule and vice versa.  People saying “we don’t know with Texas” but “Oklahoma looks so dominant” like wtf am I missing something. Ima watch some OU games cause maybe I’m missing something and they’re really good. 

OU sucks

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I’m scratching my head. I’ve watched a few previews and you would sware Oklahoma played the Texas schedule and vice versa.  People saying “we don’t know with Texas” but “Oklahoma looks so dominant” like wtf am I missing something. Ima watch some OU games cause maybe I’m missing something and they’re really good. 

They've been lighting up cupcake teams.  The ONE team they played (Cinci) with a pulse was a snooze fest where they held a one-dimensional Cinci team to 6 points, but were only able muster 20pts of their own.  

2 hours ago, Constant said:

Texas hasn’t won three in a row since the late 90’s. Colt and Vince won two in a row each, but it hasn’t been done since ‘08-‘09. 

Texas’ streaks are awfully short. 

Good God, you're such a buzz kill.

55 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

"Comparable" doesn't mean what you seem to think it does. Any two teams are comparable. Whether the comparison is 1-to-1 or not is debatable. 

I'm quite familiar with the word and its uses, thank you. The way you're using it (the "capable of being compared" definition) is clearly not the same way that both I and the poster I was responding to were using it ("two things of similar quality/size/etc."), so maybe you work on reading comprehension before trying to grammar flex.

17 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Is this a bit?

I hope so, for his sake.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, D3zii said:

341DCAAE-4F72-4943-B678-79539944E32F.thu

Edited by Art Vandelay

14 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Good. I hope they’re playing that in the locker room. Posting on the bulletin board and coaches telling them everyday. 

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

If Ewers throws fewer than 20 passes then this is either a legendary beat down and he's out of the game mid-third quarter, or something bad has happened. 

especially because the passing game is an extension of the running game.

We were GUTTING bammer with swing passes at one point so those all count as more passes even though they are basically run plays

4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

especially because the passing game is an extension of the running game.

We were GUTTING bammer with swing passes at one point so those all count as more passes even though they are basically run plays

Swing passes will gut OU as well. It's what they like to do on offense yet their defense doesn't seem to know how to stop them either.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Swing passes will gut OU as well. It's what they like to do on offense yet their defense doesn't seem to know how to stop them either.

Kansas defended those very well. The rest of the field, not so much 

4 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

UT and OU have the exact same Blue Chip Ratio of 70%. Their average star rating (247 composite) over the last four cycles is actually slightly higher.

Could see an argument that their talent has not actually performed to potential at the level ours has.

However, strictly speaking to on-roster talent per industry rankings, both teams are comparable. 

Not at QB, where we've seen over the years is not a spot you want to miss at.  

3 hours ago, D3zii said:

The few times I have watched them live this season, they were largely unimpressive. Defense missing tackles but opponents not being able to make them pay, Pretty porous secondary, getting run on by weak teams, and of course no rushing attack even against that schedule. I really think they struggle to score more than 20 this week. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Maybe it's why we've been showing that weird toss out to Worthy to the wide side of the field with no blocking. 

I was told never to question Sark's play-calling (specifically about this) because Sark has a better football related resume than me (and possibly you).

6 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I was told never to question Sark's play-calling (specifically about this) because Sark has a better football related resume than me (and possibly you).

No, you were told that because a) it’s worked, b) it’s led to big plays with Worthy passing, c) it opens other plays, d) Sarkisian isn’t just pulling plays out of a bag, and e) Sarkisian has seen how OU defends those plays… or when they think those plays are coming. 

That you take a throwaway line and use that for the reason your take is bad shouldn’t be surprising, I guess. 

If/when Sarkisian gives that look and takes advantage of the reaction, against OU or someone else, it will be interesting to see your take. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The few times I have watched them live this season, they were largely unimpressive. Defense missing tackles but opponents not being able to make them pay, Pretty porous secondary, getting run on by weak teams, and of course no rushing attack even against that schedule. I really think they struggle to score more than 20 this week. 

I think they may score 20+ because they play fast and their defense gives up big plays. 

The key is points per possession. If they score 25 points playing how they normally do it gives our offense more chances to score based on how other teams have tried to control TOP. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think they may score 20+ because they play fast and their defense gives up big plays. 

The key is points per possession. If they score 25 points playing how they normally do it gives our offense more chances to score based on how other teams have tried to control TOP. 

We owe them a consecutive Black Saturday beat down. Or 4 more to make it even 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

No, you were told that because a) it’s worked, b) it’s led to big plays with Worthy passing, c) it opens other plays, d) Sarkisian isn’t just pulling plays out of a bag, and e) Sarkisian has seen how OU defends those plays… or when they think those plays are coming. 
That you take a throwaway line and use that for the reason your take is bad shouldn’t be surprising, I guess. 
If/when Sarkisian gives that look and takes advantage of the reaction, against OU or someone else, it will be interesting to see your take. 

If we are talking about the quick sideline pass, the plays “worked” against KU, IMO. I say that because in each instance, we got the ball to an athlete, in space with just one guy to beat, no one else in the frame. That SHOULD be a winnable scenario. KU repeatedly made great solo plays in space except maybe once or twice.

All of that, of course, will not ever satisfy those whose analysis is, “The play didn’t work, so it was obviously a terrible play call.”
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, scottsins said:

If we are talking about the quick sideline pass, the plays “worked” against KU, IMO. I say that because in each instance, we got the ball to an athlete, in space with just one guy to beat, no one else in the frame. That SHOULD be a winnable scenario. KU repeatedly made great solo plays in space except maybe once or twice.

All of that, of course, will not ever satisfy those whose analysis is, “The play didn’t work, so it was obviously a terrible play call.”

Yes, I’ve had that conversation here. You get the ball in your athletes’ hands with a chance to succeed. If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work, but that doesn’t make it a bad call. The “counter” was that it failed so it’s inherently a bad call.

I asked if it would be a bad call to keep the ball in VY’s hands on 4th and 5 if he slipped and failed to convert. Of course not, but he didn’t want to go down that road.

A bad call is, for example, not giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch in the Super Bowl. If you give it to your fucking guy and it fails, that’s football. If you don’t even give your guy a chance, you’ll go to your grave regretting it. 

Or, dare I say it, a 4 yard hook or out at the boundary on 3rd and 5. Not that we’ve ever seen that. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

29 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

photo2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I've never listened to Berry Tramel before. Is he literally drunk in this interview? Just completely nonsensical and he says Texas "isn't ready for Alabama & Georgia". 

You’re wasting precious time in your life if you’re dedicating any to Berry Tramel. 

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

If Stuntsman is limited,  they are fucked. 

He’s not limited. 

12 hours ago, Constant said:

Texas hasn’t won three in a row since the late 90’s. Colt and Vince won two in a row each, but it hasn’t been done since ‘08-‘09. 

Texas’ streaks are awfully short. 

Texas holds the longest win streak in the series at 8. ousux has a long of 6. Good try though

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

Based on the available film I find it *highly* probable we cart Gabriel like we did Bradford in 09.

He's a sitting duck at times and they are just not ready for this pass rush. 

If they run him a lot, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Catalon who does the deed

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho locked this topic