Texas / OU Ticket Market Discussion

cabowabo

Needing 3 tickets and have been watching the usual ticket site prices.  Right now, the minimum to get a three pack on the Texas side looks to be $450 or so per ticket. Three packs on the OU side seem to be about $80 cheaper per ticket. For you ticket market experts, you think the prices will creep down a little tomorrow?  Let’s have a frank discussion here about the ticket market for Saturday  

Bonus rant:  Why the fuck would anyone want to look at the ticket prices without the ridiculous fees included?  Quit making me check a box to see the real prices. 

• Haha 1

The electronic ticket has really changed the game as far as buying second hand tickets. A few years ago, if you didn't have tickets by now, then you were relegated to dealing with the fine entrepreneurs around fair park. Now you can sit on your sofa and snag tickets the morning of the game. Can't beat the convenience.

30 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

The electronic ticket has really changed the game as far as buying second hand tickets. A few years ago, if you didn't have tickets by now, then you were relegated to dealing with the fine entrepreneurs around fair park. Now you can sit on your sofa and snag tickets the morning of the game. Can't beat the convenience.

Down side though is there’s not much to find scalper wise around the stadium, as a ticket hustler in my day I miss that 

11 hours ago, troph said:

That was insane. 

The problem with the USC game wasn’t price, it was availability.  Nobody was selling.  I knew a few guys with $5k in their wallet and they ended up with their dick in their hands.

Edited by conVINCEd

I’m also looking for 3. Wonder if we could get a better deal on 6 together? 3 is that shit where a seller is going to end up with a single.

The thought of prices being lower at 8AM on Saturday does leave a little gambling spirit going.

Just now, conVINCEd said:

The problem with the USC game wasn’t price, it was availability.  Nobody was selling.  I knew a few guys with $5k in their wallet and it they ended up with their dick in their hands.

The closer we got to the gate, the higher the offers got. I was offered $2500 each for a pair on the way in and I just smiled and shook my head. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The problem with the USC game wasn’t price, it was availability.  Nobody was selling.  I knew a few guys with $5k in their wallet and they ended up with their dick in their hands.

Knew a guy that used his cash to buy an apron from an employee at the game and went in that way. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

The closer we got to the gate, the higher the offers got. I was offered $2500 each for a pair on the way in and I just smiled and shook my head. 

The eventually bribed a stadium employee and got in, but they were ready, willing and able to give someone a whole bunch of money for a ticket and couldn’t find anyone willing to take it.

12 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Yeah, I think you nailed it. While it Is more convenient, it definitely opens itself up for sellers holding out for higher prices later in the game because guys aren't forced to hit the streets to move them on gameday. I gave in and bought a single already but will be curious to see what the online market looks like tomorrow morning.

I'll do like every year. Wake up at 730 and see where the prices are. If something I want to pay then get it and go. If not then watch it at home. Not feeling like paying $400+ per ticket to sit up top. I'll just get lunch and watch on the couch. 

Weather should be good tomorrow though so that'll keep some people from selling. Both teams being 5-0, even if OUs is a fugazi number with their best win being SMU, will also keep it hot. 

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I'll do like every year. Wake up at 730 and see where the prices are. If something I want to pay then get it and go. If not then watch it at home. Not feeling like paying $400+ per ticket to sit up top. I'll just get lunch and watch on the couch. 

Weather should be good tomorrow though so that'll keep some people from selling. Both teams being 5-0, even if OUs is a fugazi number with their best win being SMU, will also keep it hot. 

image.png.1ae60f015008621798f1958a41667ae0.png

4 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Same.  No one could get a ticket.

I had pretty much given up when I saw a Longhorn fan holding up a single. I bought it for $850. Another dude we were with got a single, that was a much better seat than mine, for like $500 from a Longhorn fan with a black eye. We were lucky, was planning on just watching the game at the Horn Fans tailgate.

6 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Apparently your best option is to buy the cheapest tickets on the Oklahoma side then cram into the lower bowl in the Texas side with your fat fiance. Nobody's going to care as long as you have fireball and rumplemintz hidden in your boots to share with all of the blue hairs.

Don’t forget to paint your face…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It literally is the worst thing for me. I watch Texas play live in the stadium or with no one else in the room… for everyone’s sanity and safety.

This is me, but it’s not a bad idea to have one other person there in case you need a ride to the hospital.  Charlie Strong taught me that lesson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It literally is the worst thing for me. I watch Texas play live in the stadium or with no one else in the room… for everyone’s sanity and safety.

I don't have steadfast rules like that but there are very firm boundaries I'll establish. We were visiting family friends in San Diego the weekend of the Bama game and the guy who we were staying with was like "oh yeah, we can get the game on here, or we can go somewhere and all watch" and I'm like... um... no offense but I need to be by myself. In that case I did wind up watching at a bar but that made by far the most sense. 

There was a Texas/OU game in college that I watched at a buddy's lakehouse with girls and guys in attendance - maybe a couple of them casual Texas fans and the rest not Texas fans and I'm pretty sure I scared some people that day. 

The Surly OU watch party last year was a ton of fun but that was in the company of 20 other very invested and very drunk fans and we sort of had our own room in the bar. And I still probably made too much noise. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I don't have steadfast rules like that but there are very firm boundaries I'll establish. We were visiting family friends in San Diego the weekend of the Bama game and the guy who we were staying with was like "oh yeah, we can get the game on here, or we can go somewhere and all watch" and I'm like... um... no offense but I need to be by myself. In that case I did wind up watching at a bar but that made by far the most sense. 

There was a Texas/OU game in college that I watched at a buddy's lakehouse with girls and guys in attendance - maybe a couple of them casual Texas fans and the rest not Texas fans and I'm pretty sure I scared some people that day. 

The Surly OU watch party last year was a ton of fun but that was in the company of 20 other very invested and very drunk fans and we sort of had our own room in the bar. And I still probably made too much noise. 

A watch party like that would be a borderline possibility but, yeah, I would still have to focus on self-control. 

10 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Are the tickets costing less on the okie side a function of one economy being based on meth and trailers, or is it something that fluctuates annually depending on which side has more enthusiasm?

Ou side is always cheaper

there’s been a lot of economic and scientific studies as to why but the conclusion has always been…..

ou sucks 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

My behavior after Evil Roy Williams super man play shut down the entire watch party I was at. 

I'm not proud.

See... this is why you and I get along. 

I thought about driving to Dripping to get that stupid fucking flag for you and @Brisketexan to take with you as I was getting off work in Oak Hill and heading to my parent's house in NW Austin to house sit for a couple nights. I know Brisket lives nearby. 

Ultimately I decided that I have at least a modicum of self-respect and wouldn't be tacking an hour on to my commute home on Friday night for some douchey college GameDay stunt. 

Also that would be giving you two a bullshit errand.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I thought about driving to Dripping to get that stupid fucking flag for you and @Brisketexan to take with you as I was getting off work in Oak Hill and heading to my parent's house in NW Austin to house sit for a couple nights. I know Brisket lives nearby. 

Ultimately I decided that I have at least a modicum of self-respect and wouldn't be tacking an hour on to my commute home on Friday night for some douchey college GameDay stunt. 

Indeed.

Yea we want a relaxing cruise up there. Not rushing to get into a crowd to wave my arms around when I should be eating fried twinkes and drinking wax cup beer.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

For the record, I fully support sending @Brisketexan on bullshit errands.  Especially if there is video documentation of him running the errands.  Fuck blowu. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m with y’all. Pretty much watch alone if I’m not at the game. We go probably ever 2-3 years. I used to go every year. Couch watching is too appealing most weekends. I’ll have my momma over she’s more obsessed than any of us, but that’s about it. My sons are allowed, but I’ll tell them to shut up immediately if they are being stupid.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Ou side is always cheaper

Mobile homes, the Golden Corral buffet, and lifted Dodge Rams are sky rocketing in price. Sooners just can’t afford to jump into the open ticket market. It’s a matter of preserving the lifestyle.

Well, dropped $500 per for three tickets in Section 118. The three packs in the upper deck were drying up. I didn’t see the lower decks falling below this and I didn’t want to be dealing with this in the morning. Hate spending this much on tickets, but fuck it, I’m in. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Well, dropped $500 per for three tickets in Section 118. The three packs in the upper deck were drying up. I didn’t see the lower decks falling below this and I didn’t want to be dealing with this in the morning. Hate spending this much on tickets, but fuck it, I’m in. 

IMG_2426.jpeg

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

My behavior after Evil Roy Williams super man play shut down the entire watch party I was at. 

I'm not proud.

After the Big XII ref affair against OKST, I was asked by my sister, a UT 83 grad, if I was okay.  We were in the upper deck and I was screaming at other attendees if they would get off their hands.   Thankfully, when we got to my in-law's house, my BIL was seriously pissed. 

30 minutes ago, dcbc said:

After the Big XII ref affair against OKST, I was asked by my sister, a UT 83 grad, if I was okay.  We were in the upper deck and I was screaming at other attendees if they would get off their hands.   Thankfully, when we got to my in-law's house, my BIL was seriously pissed. 

83 grads know real gut wrenching pain. 09 is similar.  Nothing else comes close. Even shock the nation ass whipping wasn’t more heart breaking than 83.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1