2024 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

8 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Great Tom Herman evaluation.

They were steered to him by a very friendly $9.95er and a Houston trainer. They only took him reluctantly after missing on others. I have a hard time giving Herman and crew credit, but I understand how it looks from a distance. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were steered to him by a very friendly $9.95er and a Houston trainer. They only took him reluctantly after missing on others. I have a hard time giving Herman and crew credit, but I understand how it looks from a distance. 

My comment was largely an effort to trigger folks. I’m very pro-Jones and not exactly pro-TommyBoy. At the same time, I’ll certainly acknowledge who was here when Jones hit campus. Also, don’t have an issue acknowledging some good fortune and timing helping get guys here either. I figure we got some current Oline guys here because of that.

27 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

My comment was largely an effort to trigger folks. I’m very pro-Jones and not exactly pro-TommyBoy. At the same time, I’ll certainly acknowledge who was here when Jones hit campus. Also, don’t have an issue acknowledging some good fortune and timing helping get guys here either. I figure we got some current Oline guys here because of that.

Fair, although throwing me back at me as a retort feels unseemly, if humorous. 

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Guess we all owe EJ an apology 

Edited by Viper
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Fud said:

Well this went off the rails quickly 

Curious as to why you say that.  Washington is in dire need of help on the O-Line, specifically at tackle.  He's played at a high level for an elite program known for producing OL talent, and he has an NFL bloodline.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Curious as to why you say that.  Washington is in dire need of help on the O-Line, specifically at tackle.  He's played at a high level for an elite program known for producing OL talent, and he has an NFL bloodline.

They're drafting a QB

1 minute ago, Fud said:

They're drafting a QB

Maybe.  I'm not sold on Drake Maye, and he'd get killed behind their current line. 

Better to pick a legit future Pro Bowl talent at tackle and pick a QB (like Ewers) next year.  

Just now, DixonHur said:

Maybe.  I'm not sold on Drake Maye, and he'd get killed behind their current line. 

Better to pick a legit future Pro Bowl talent at tackle and pick a QB (like Ewers) next year.  

I mean, you can be sold or not sold on Drake and think they should have a different strategy, but it's what they're going to do. They're going to draft either Drake or Daniels, with an outside chance of Caleb if Chicago passes on him. If you want to have a somewhat realistic mock draft, it should included Washington drafting a QB 

In the very remote chance that Washington doesn't draft a QB, they'll trade back for a massive pick haul. Your mock includes trades, so someone should be trading up with Washington to then draft a QB if you have Washington not drafting one 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Well, it is a 1.0 Mock, but you seem pretty confident considering they don't even have a head coach yet, and the new GM was last at SF who's made it to the Super Bowl with a QB drafted with the last pick in the draft.

Perhaps you should put out a 1.1 mock with a correction and an apology 

• Haha 4

The only non-QB Washington will consider is Marvin Harrison Jr. There's not much separation among the top tackles. Daniel Jeremiah has 6 OT in his top 18 prospects and the highest rated one is Alt at 9. And if you've decided to pass on a QB and draft an OT, you're going to look to trade down to the 10-13 range to pick up an extra first next year and grab one of the top tackles at a more reasonable position. There's no fucking way Joe Alt is drafted number 2 overall. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I'm not sure that's fair. I've seen Alt mocked as high as the second pick in a mock draft by *checks notes* shit 

Yeah, because we all know how accurate Mock drafts are.

You're free to do your own mocks, but I did mine as if I was the GM.  No way I'm taking Maye with #2.  

I'd much rather build my team on the lines first and then move to the skill positions.  Washington's O-line is god awful and Alt has the pedigree and production to be a Top 5 pick, IMO.

I'd also never pick a WR 2nd.  As great as Calvin Johnson was, the Lions never won their division or even won a playoff game.

History is pretty clear, you don't take a QB #2 unless the team in front of you is stupid and picks a midget with the #1 pick (I'm looking at you Carolina).

Here's the list of QB's (aside from Stroud) taken 2nd over the past 20 years...I think you'll notice a trend.

2021 - Zach Wilson

2017 - Mitch Trubisky

2016 - Carson Wentz

2015 - Marcus Mariota

2012 - RGIII

Frankly, Edge would probably be the best bet, but there aren't any worthy of taking that high.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Yeah, because we all know how accurate Mock drafts are.  You're free to do your own mocks, but I did mine as if I was the GM.  No way I'm taking Maye with #2.  

Appreciate the effort DH.  Just really hard to see OT (Joe Alt) getting picked at #2 in this draft -- but in your Mock Draft that's your prerogative

On 1/27/2024 at 12:47 PM, Tex Long said:

Is the QB Squash move not allowed in the Pro game?

If Dallas tries some of his QB hits from college in the NFL, he might be the first player to get executed by the league.

On 1/30/2024 at 10:59 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Charles Power's scoffs at this thought.

Who is Charles Power?

And what part of him is scoffing?

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Yeah, because we all know how accurate Mock drafts are.

You're free to do your own mocks, but I did mine as if I was the GM.  No way I'm taking Maye with #2.  

I'd much rather build my team on the lines first and then move to the skill positions.  Washington's O-line is god awful and Alt has the pedigree and production to be a Top 5 pick, IMO.

I'd also never pick a WR 2nd.  As great as Calvin Johnson was, the Lions never won their division or even won a playoff game.

History is pretty clear, you don't take a QB #2 unless the team in front of you is stupid and picks a midget with the #1 pick (I'm looking at you Carolina).

Here's the list of QB's (aside from Stroud) taken 2nd over the past 20 years...I think you'll notice a trend.

2021 - Zach Wilson

2017 - Mitch Trubisky

2016 - Carson Wentz

2015 - Marcus Mariota

2012 - RGIII

Frankly, Edge would probably be the best bet, but there aren't any worthy of taking that high.

Trade down

2 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Trade down

Definitely a possibility.  Have to see who'd be dumb enough to trade up to 2 in this draft.  IMO, there seems to be some good mid-to-late round players, but not a lot of "wow" players this year.  Maybe Caleb, but he seems like a bit of diva, so there's that.

Edited by DixonHur

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Definitely a possibility.  Have to see who'd be dumb enough to trade up to 2 in this draft.  IMO, there seems to be some good mid-to-late round players, but not a lot of "wow" players this year.  Maybe Caleb, but he seems like a bit of diva, so there's that.

Well I think 3 or 4 of the guys you listed were acquired by teams trading up for them and they destroyed their drafts to do so, so I bet there'd be takers. There's always a GM floating around with a death wish.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

dumb for him not to be prepared for this

It might have been strategic. Keep your playing weight so you perform better at the practices by bulldozing OL (but don't weigh in), and then cut for the combine for testing

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

solid solid pass blocker, he'll be a mid round gem for some team

Bobby Burton mentioned hearing Christian Jones might really moving up in draft... one source told him possibly 5th Rd, or a team might even take a shot on him in Rd 4.  

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Bobby Burton mentioned hearing Christian Jones might really moving up in draft... one source told him possibly 5th Rd, or a team might even take a shot on him in Rd 4.  

for his pass blocking, would love to see him on the Texans 

On 1/31/2024 at 12:10 PM, The Dog said:

He's pretty much a lock to get a coach and/or gm fired.  This dude took 6 years to not suck and he did it throwing short passes.  We should definitely draft him in the 1st or 2nd round.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/2/2024 at 9:49 AM, kevwun said:

He's pretty much a lock to get a coach and/or gm fired.  This dude took 6 years to not suck and he did it throwing short passes.  We should definitely draft him in the 1st or 2nd round.

Jesus Christ Jerrah, just stop already.