2024 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Then there is this tweet below that alludes to Adonai's "football character stuff" causing his draft stock to fall. I had no idea!

Found this...  mentions AD's diabetes and difficult to coach

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/04/scouts-raise-concerns-regarding-texas-wr-adonai-mitchells-maturity-health/

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Scraps said:
1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:
Of course cowboys draft the Okie doing horns down. Seriously stop making me rely on land thieves

Just wait for them to pick Rattler later in the draft

Kiper just said on SVP show tonight that Rattler is rated #99 on his board and is next best available QB.  Said Raiders and Cowboys need a QB and may consider drafting him in the 3rd Rd.  😋

• Prepare your anus 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

mitchell was always going to be.a 2nd / 3rd pick. He’ll have a chance to prove himself 

Many mock drafts had him ahead of Worthy, I believe. The diabetes and the character issues reported by some scouts probably hurt his stock.

3 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Many mock drafts had him ahead of Worthy, I believe. The diabetes and the character issues reported by some scouts probably hurt his stock.

His players tribune article suddenly started reappearing on social media this week. That probably should have been a sign that they were worried about those reports. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

His players tribune article suddenly started reappearing on social media this week. That probably should have been a sign that they were worried about those reports. 

ill take a guess that the GA staff didn’t do him any favors 

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, naija said:

A guy that was medically retired went #15. To be worried about diabetes.....

type 1 diabetes fucking sucks 

1 minute ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

Bro, Tyreek Hill is a generational talent.

10 kids is impressive 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yes it does, but hasn’t impaired his ability to play at a high level so far and interestingly, at least to me, his ability to manage it so well says something about his character. Ask any Endocrinologist about their battles with that.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ousux said:
53 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Interesting, never heard about the beetus or attitude issues at either school.

could be potential ratfucking from a scout or chaos agent wanting to sink him but who knows

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

WTF are the Bills thinking. Idiots.

2 hours ago, Topper13 said:

Bills will get burned by KC again, and they allowed it to happen

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I bet the Bills take AD Mitchell

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

bills, imo

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Nope.  Carolina took Leggette

Mitchell is going to Buffalo.  Better buy a big jacket.

Brilliant moves by Bills if they can get the guy they wanted, pay him 2nd round money, and load up on other picks. 

Could be Mitchell, could be someone else. 

2 hours ago, naija said:

sucks, that with a 1 pick difference, just being able to say "1st round pick"

we might have won the 1st round if they stayed put

Washington and LSU had 2 guys in the Top 10 and 3 guys in the 1st round.

Alabama had 1 guy in the Top 10 and 3 guys in the 1st round.

Texas was never “winning the first round” with our first pick coming in at #16. 

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Lance has something like 19 college starts, against FCS “talent” and (I think) 4 NFL starts. Here:
IMG_4702.thumb.jpeg.e56f4efa24765b958ba5bb7d563e7400.jpeg

IMG_4703.thumb.jpeg.c5252ffca04a32c0f1568f3022c67382.jpeg

And then you look at what Penix did against mostly Power 5 opponents.

Penix has…

IMG_4704.thumb.jpeg.39ac49abd29b5856d07bbdbb6aef4712.jpeg

Penix has about 2 1/2 times as many college games under his belt as Lance and about 4 times as many pass plays in college as Lance has in college and the NFL combined. 

Lance could ultimately be a good QB, but he needs to play some spring football every year just to get experience. 

The spring league is better than what he faced in college and would really help him bridge the gap. It sucks that he and his family chased that first contract, because the contracts that follow may never be above league minimum.

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Sean Payton only coached Bridgewater & Wilson, if I recall, and neither was Payton’s first choice. 

Kind of a stupid take for a coach entering his 2nd season with the Broncos. 

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

NFL GMs apparently think there were 7 better WR's in this class than AD and that seems wild to me.

NFL GMs are known to be some of the dumbest people on the planet, so, it kinda makes sense.

• Like 2

IMG_4705.thumb.jpeg.b468db9371293a7f858438fc55d315f8.jpeg

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch got a text from star receiver Brandon Aiyuksoon after drafting Florida’s Ricky Pearsallwith the 30th pick.

Aiyuk's message about his former teammate was glowing: “Fire pick. Can’t lie.”

The Niners ended the first day of the NFL draft by adding a rookie receiver in Pearsall and keeping its established stars Aiyuk and Deebo Samuel despite heavy speculation that one of them could have been moved Thursday night.

San Francisco is trying to get a long-term deal done with Aiyuk after giving Samuel one two years ago, raising the question of whether the 49ers would trade Aiyuk if they can't sign him or trade Samuel if they can and aren't willing to carry two high-priced receivers on the roster.

Lynch and coach Kyle Shanahan wouldn't definitively rule out any potential trades of Aiyuk or Samuel but deemed it as unlikely, especially now that the first round of the draft is over.

“I know that we’re continuing to have positive talks with BA," Lynch said. “We are really efforting to get something done with him. We’re excited about continuing down that path with Brandon being a part of this team and Deebo is a part of this team and a big part of this team. We feel great about that group and we feel like we’ve made it better.”

Pearsall had 65 catches for 965 yards and four touchdowns last season at Florida and gives the Niners a possible option as a slot receiver. Pearsall was known for some highlight-reel catches during his time in college and now is the latest potential playmaker added to a dynamic offense that made it to the Super Bowl last season.

Pearsall began his college career at Arizona State where he was teammates with Aiyuk in 2019, leading to the happy text Aiyuk sent to Lynch and a congratulatory call to Pearsall.

“We have a really good relationship,” Pearsall said. “I just got off the phone with him before I got over here on this Zoom call, and he was just congratulating me and telling me over and over again, ‘You’re a first rounder, man. Soak it up.’ There's been a lot of work put in since we last ran routes together. I feel like I’m a totally different player since the last time we've seen each other.”

Pearsall got on the radar of many observers thanks to his one-handed catch against Charlotte last September that quickly became an internet sensation.

It was the more routine work that impressed the Niners, who stressed his ability to play inside and outside, his attention to detail on route-running, ability to block downfield and refusal to go down at first contact as big reasons why they drafted him.

“There’s not one play,” said Shanahan, who compared Pearsall to a far more talented version of himself as a a little-used wide receiver at Texas more than two decades ago.

“He’s going to go over the middle and do everything he can to catch that ball and not worry about anything else. When he’s on the sidelines he’s not taking the easy way out. He makes guys tackle him and is not looking for a place to fall. When he doesn’t have the ball, he plays just as hard.”

This was the first time the Niners had a pick in the first round since 2021 when they drafted quarterback Trey Lance third overall. San Francisco traded their first-round picks in 2022 and 2023 to move up nine spots that year to take Lance, who started only four games for the 49ers before being traded to Dallas last August.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/49ers-florida-receiver-ricky-pearsall-035506456.html

I realize a lot of this is opinion and conjecture, but who the fuck watched film and thought JJ McCarthy is a better prospect that Penix or Nix? The Vikings took a guy I think that goes in the 3-4th round in any other draft. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, ousux said:
6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Interesting, never heard about the beetus or attitude issues at either school.

Curious how many nfl players are diabetic. Quite a few type 2 I would imagine. Cutler is type 1 and a huge asshole

19 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I realize a lot of this is opinion and conjecture, but who the fuck watched film and thought JJ McCarthy is a better prospect that Penix or Nix? The Vikings took a guy I think that goes in the 3-4th round in any other draft. 

Not sure who watched Nix and thought he was a first rounder. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 QBs in the top 12 is insane...  I think the Redskins likely will come out the best of the 6.

Nix & McCarthy don't seem like 1st rounders to me.  Penix seems like a late first rounder due to age & injury history.

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Sean Payton only coached Bridgewater & Wilson, if I recall, and neither was Payton’s first choice. 

Kind of a stupid take for a coach entering his 2nd season with the Broncos. 

Dumber take - that tweet or the Broncos taking Bo Nix? Right. 

55 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

You have to have a QB to compete for SBs nowadays.  You aren't making it with even just a so-so guy anymore.  So teams are just rolling the dice and praying.  It's why the Falcons are doing dumb shit like taking Penix at 8 and why JJ/Nix are top 15 picks.  

Don't know who it'll be, but I imagine there's only one legit franchise guy out of this entire class.  Maybe 1-2 others who are serviceable but don't impress.  

But yeah, McCarthy has bus driver written all over him.  And that's if he reaches his potential.  

43 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I would have guessed football character concerns for a receiver would be taking plays off and not wanting to block or go across the middle, not off the field stuff.

Uhhh, did you watch him play this year? He’s a terrible blocker for his size and doesn’t put in enough effort. 

8 hours ago, naija said:

everyone giving up on Bryce Young already, huh

Would you rather have:

Bryce Young, or

Caleb Williams + DJ Moore + OT Darnell Wright + CB Tyrique Stevenson + 2024 2nd and 4th rounders?

I’m going to go back and look at every mega trade for a first round QB to see what percent of them worked out vs busted

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1