Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

Just now, D3zii said:

We can definitely lose to TCU, BYU and even Tech if we play like this. Honestly we shouldn’t go into any game thinking we can’t. We’re not that good yet. 

@ Both, we were exposed defensive wise, with our defensive passing game. Now mind you I think OU may be one of the best passing teams in the country, but I don’t think Texas defense would do any better against that offense if we play again, I’m just being honest.  

Texas wouldn’t do worse and likely won’t give the ball up 3 times. And we’d have our C/line play caller. Losing Majors was a MASSIVE loss. Easily the game in and of itself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm just replying to the poster who said Quinn played great.  There were plenty of reasons for the loss.

He did play great. Just not great enough to overcome everything else that went wrong.

His first int hurt, but that didn’t lose the game it happened like a minute in. There was plenty of time to recover. His second int ended up being inconsequential bc we got a blocked punt for the td right after.

Once things settled down, He had a million completions in a row and kept us moving the ball.

We lost it when we couldn’t get into the end zone in 4 straight tries from the 1, and that was on blocking and sark, not Quinn; and we lost it when the defense let ou march down the field and score a td with 1min to go. You could also say we lost it when our 4 min drill ended up taking 3 mins and only scoring a fg. Bc if we had run all the clock out and gotten the fg or td, we would have won.
  • Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Texas wouldn’t do worse and likely won’t give the ball up 3 times. And we’d have our C/line play caller. Losing Majors was a MASSIVE loss. Easily the game in and of itself. 

Was it really??? Losing Majors didn’t make us play like pussies! We was doing that before he went out. Majors didn’t allow Gabriel to sit back in the pocket and pick us a-part

Majors injury was just a part of it but it wasn’t as massive as y’all tryna make it. The Offense had already gave up two or three sacks and 1 TO before majors even got hurt. We lost on coaching, play on the LOS, and physicality 

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is a really stupid post. 

How???

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah well I will take a 12-1 Big 12 champion who doesn't go to the playoffs. That would be fine after these long years of shit.

I’ll roll the dice and suggest there will not be one undefeated team left standing among the power five at the end of the season. Ohio State looked vulnerable today.   UGA is not UGA of last season.  It’s going to be free for all for those four spots.    

We just need to go out and dog stomp everyone else on our schedule and get into that Rig 12 title game and do the same to whomever we play in it.    And I don’t doubt for a minute OU gets upset sometime before that date.    Take the emotion that was part of the game today and they are vulnerable 

Edited by Nueces River Rat

7 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Should’ve gone for it on 4th & 4 before calling the time out. Their D wasn’t ready. 

I recall an earlier 4th down when their D wasn't ready and they stuffed the play. There's lots to complain about in this game, but this isn't one of them IMO.

• Hook 'Em 2

Out schemed/coached the whole game. I knew on that third down, with over 1:30, that even settling for a FG, there was too much time left to prevent the tie, let alone the loss. I thought that we’d steal one, which frankly we didn’t deserve, but I digress. Zero pressure on Gabriel the last drive and basically whole game.

Horns have to win out and beat their ass in the B12 Championship game. Need some other ranked teams to lose along the way, so that we can make the CFP!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

I thought Ewers threw it late and high (but I'm also drunk and angry now). My initial thought was an earlier throw that Sanders doesn't have to reach for and it probably ends as a TD

It was late/slow. 

If not that, it's a TD thrown where his big TE can grab it in the air cleanly. 

It was also perfectly played by the safety. 

• Like 1

Just now, D3zii said:

Was it really??? Losing Majors didn’t make us play like pussies! We was doing that before he went out. Majors didn’t allow Gabriel to sit back in the pocket and pick us a-part

Majors injury was just a part of it but it wasn’t as massive as y’all tryna make it. The Offense had already gave up two or three sacks and 1 TO before majors even got hurt. We lost on coaching, play on the LOS, and physicality 

But hey, I'm sure Sark's wife had him dressed sharp before he got off the bus.

2 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

I recall an earlier 4th down when their D wasn't ready and they stuffed the play. There's lots to complain about in this game, but this isn't one of them IMO.

They didn't have their d on the field. Going for it would have been the right call. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, D3zii said:

How???

It was a one play game dude. You mad me too, but objectively speaking that’s the truth, one play.

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

They didn't have their d on the field. Going for it would have been the right call. 

And if we don’t get it we bitch about not taking the points 

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

OU just played better today, whatever the reason they earned the W.  It's football. Just focus on next week now

Off week 

You can't win the game in the first quarter, but you might lose it there.  The first INT, they got 7.  We got a blocked punt for 7.  That cancels each other out, but the second INT killed the drive.  We needed the ball in our hands and limit their possessions.  Our slow start may or may not have killed us.  But it damn sure didn't help.  

2 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

You can't win the game in the first quarter, but you might lose it there.  The first INT, they got 7.  We got a blocked punt for 7.  That cancels each other out, but the second INT killed the drive.  We needed the ball in our hands and limit their possessions.  Our slow start may or may not have killed us.  But it damn sure didn't help.  

Concur and Second int at the goal line we didn’t get any points out of that drive 

Just now, Augustus said:

Laughing my fucking ass off. 

If you're expecting better officiating in the SEC then you're gonna be sorely disappointed.

I mean I don't think the SEC will have good officiating but this was the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed....

30 minutes ago, bullet said:

Brooks needs to learn when to bull forward and when to dance.  He almost always dances.

He danced twice on the goal line plays. Looking for a phantom hole. Need to be like Priest Holmes. Just blow forward and follow the big guys. That’s not his style. Savion Red might have been the better choice for those plays, but spread out and beat ‘em to the corner on at least one or two attempts. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

The second int led to the 3 and out and blocked punt for the TD. It didn’t hurt us at all. 

41 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

No other Texas QB in our history completed more passes in a row than Ewers did today. He missed on 2 of his last 27 passes with one of those being a Hail Mary….

Ewers partly redeemed himself.  Played great to get us BACK in the game. But the momentum swings he donated were large and significant. Both things can be true. He didn’t cost us the game. It was truly a team effort. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

He did play great. Just not great enough to overcome everything else that went wrong.

His first int hurt, but that didn’t lose the game it happened like a minute in. There was plenty of time to recover. His second int ended up being inconsequential bc we got a blocked punt for the td right after.

Once things settled down, He had a million completions in a row and kept us moving the ball.

We lost it when we couldn’t get into the end zone in 4 straight tries from the 1, and that was on blocking and sark, not Quinn; and we lost it when the defense let ou march down the field and score a td with 1min to go. You could also say we lost it when our 4 min drill ended up taking 3 mins and only scoring a fg. Bc if we had run all the clock out and gotten the fg or td, we would have won.

On that last Texas drive, when we were trying to kill the clock, on third and long, seems like Sark called a run play that netted five or so and centered the ball for a FG. He had two choices: We saw one play out. We lost. The other was to go for a first down with a pass. If you get it, you run out the clock and win. If you don't, an incompletion stops the clock, you gotta punt and OU has one timeout left. He put the games in the hands of the D, and they failed. I'd like to blame him, but he may have made the percentage call.

The D we'd become used to didn't show up. Looked like a basic prevent set up instead of blitzing and forcing errors. Common fucking mistake that cost us. 

That said, a punt could have pinned OU inside its ten and put extra pressure on their QB. Might have changed the dynamics. Instead we gave them the ball at the 25 after the gimme kickoff

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

He danced twice on the goal line plays. Looking for a phantom hole. Need to be like Priest Holmes. Just blow forward and follow the big guys. That’s not his style. Savion Red might have been the better choice for those plays, but spread out and beat ‘em to the corner on at least one or two attempts. 

Feel like we would've gone to the Savion package at the goal line if they weren't burned earlier in the game.  Should've just tried it again, but Sark is too convinced that we can just line up with big guys in a goal line package and just bully everyone out of the way.  Worked against lesser teams, but OU has a defense this year.  It's just stupid that Sark doesn't leave our talented wideouts out on those, and make OU respect the possibility of a pass and/or leave a DB on an island against Worthy/AD.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

We gave up 7 points off turnovers. The second int led to the blocked punt TD. Hard to say that’s why we lost. 

We lost cause PK went limp dick with a minute and a half left and let OU get whatever they wanted instead of being aggressive.  Playing not to lose has been a staple of Sark's staff. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I mean I don't think the SEC will have good officiating but this was the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed....

I think the SEC refs allow a lot of holding go on. I wouldn't call this game the worst I've seen. Not even close really. It seemed pretty much par for the RRS to me. OU pretty much held with impunity and that's typical. I didn't pay attention to ball spots though. Saw quite a few comments on that, so there may be something there.

Was at the game. Refs did fuck us a little. 
Our lines looked overrated, but losing an OL, the holding, and rivalry game fight can skew trench play.

Biggest concern was how badly PK’s side of the ball played, particularly on their winning drive. It looked like an Orlando coached squad would’ve done better. Massive concern, if we want to win the rematch in December.

3 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

On that last Texas drive, when we were trying to kill the clock, on third and long, seems like Sark called a run play that netted five or so and centered the ball for a FG. He had two choices: We saw one play out. We lost. The other was to go for a first down with a pass. If you get it, you run out the clock and win. If you don't, an incompletion stops the clock, you gotta punt and OU has one timeout left. He put the games in the hands of the D, and they failed. I'd like to blame him, but he may have made the percentage call.

The D we'd become used to didn't show up. Looked like a basic prevent set up instead of blitzing and forcing errors. Common fucking mistake that cost us. 

Gabriel burned our blitzes and we rarely got pressure.  We did much better in a soft zone and umbrella coverage.  When we went to blitz he'd run for 15 or dink/dunk us.

Just now, Horn of Gabriel said:

Gabriel burned our blitzes and we rarely got pressure.  We did much better in a soft zone and umbrella coverage.  When we went to blitz he'd run for 15 or dink/dunk us.

He did it anyways.  Might as well try and send pressure and try and force him into a mistake rather than let him march down the field.  

That said, a punt could have pinned OU inside its ten and put extra pressure on their QB. Might have changed the dynamics. Instead we gave them the ball at the 25 after the gimme kickoff

Yea this was where the game was lost.

Pressure on Gabriel wasn’t there on the last minute drive and frankly the whole game!

Hook’em!!!

7 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

We lost cause PK went limp dick with a minute and a half left and let OU get whatever they wanted instead of being aggressive.  Playing not to lose has been a staple of Sark's staff. 

We had two guys sacking Gabriel on that drive and he slipped out, we had great pressure on the TD call. The fucking PI call and the mix up on motion sucked but the calls weren’t bad.

16 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

If you get it, you run out the clock and win. If you don't, an incompletion stops the clock, you gotta punt and OU has one timeout left. He put the games in the hands of the D, and they failed. I'd like to blame him, but he may have made the percentage call.

Assuming a throw was an incompletion on 3rd down, you think Sark would've punted from the OU 35 with a tie game and over a minute left?  Wat.

Edited by OU Sucks