Don’t fuck around, go win the Big 12

troph

16 hours ago, Atticus said:

OUs OL and DL played with the most intensity and consistency they’ve shown all year this past weekend. Can they maintain that going forward?

They lost Andrel Anthony for the season, and plenty of other guys are pretty banged up.

They get an extra week to prepare for Kansas, but they’re going to BYU late. Everyone will be looking to play spoiler.

I’d be shocked if they made it to the CCG undefeated, but I’d love for our guys to be the first to knock them off this year. 

That OU team we saw Saturday isn’t losing to anyone on their bullshit cupcake schedule they have the easiest path to the playoffs  with that said we also shouldn’t lose to anyone on our schedule.  But reality needs to be faced. BlowU will be undefeated when we play them again by virtue of the bullshit pussy schedule. If they aren’t undefeated. Future man will fist his own ass

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

That OU team we saw Saturday isn’t losing to anyone on their bullshit cupcake schedule they have the easiest path to the playoffs  with that said we also shouldn’t lose to anyone on our schedule.  But reality needs to be faced. BlowU will be undefeated when we play them again by virtue of the bullshit pussy schedule. If they aren’t undefeated. Future man will fist his own ass

That was going to be done regardless. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas still needs both okie lite and wvu to lose another game.

Sort of. We just need the winner of their matchup to drop one more game. They obviously both play OU. 

38 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
  • blOU head to head win vs Texas
  • wvu win vs blOU, vs Texas loss to blOU

No. It goes to tiebreaker 4 then tiebreaker 5. 

Also - okie lite looks to have improved a lot since the start of the season. I wouldn't put it past BV to fuck around and find a way to lose that game in Stillwater. Even then - I don't see the pokes going 6-0 in the other games. 

BUT, IF Texas wins out I think the only thing that has a modicum % chance of happening is Okie Lite finishing with their one loss. WVU isn't winning out. 0% chance. They don't have the horses.

If Okie Lite loses tomorrow for all intents and purposes we are in the clear assuming we handle business. 

I honestly think it's highly unlikely we don't go even if we finish conference play at 7-2.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I'd argue our path is easier than OU's to the playoffs if they have a rematch with Texas (including respective shit team match ups with our remaining big 12 schedules). rematches are a bitch and if we lose that game we are the bitch.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3

Man so weird to be talking tie breakers this early. OU is going to lose a game or two. Not to us obviously, but they'll find a way to fuck up somewhere else. Of course, if by some miracle OSU has its shit together and runs the table, the ISU loss will find a way to fuck us, because anytime those a-holes beat us, it fucks us over.

• Haha 1

You guys hand wringing about tie breakers haven’t watched a down of the rest of the Big 12, have you?

If Texas wins out they will be in Arlington. If Texas drops one more, which I think is probably going to be the case, they are still likely in Arlington. It isn’t likely anyone aside from OU or Texas ends up better than 6-3 in conference play.

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

You guys hand wringing about tie breakers haven’t watched a down of the rest of the Big 12, have you?

If Texas wins out they will be in Arlington. If Texas drops one more, which I think is probably going to be the case, they are still likely in Arlington. It isn’t likely anyone aside from OU or Texas ends up better than 6-3 in conference play.

Show me a loss. Texas is gonna skullfuck this cupcake big 12 schedule

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

I'd argue our path is easier than OU's to the playoffs if they have a rematch with Texas (including respective shit team match ups with our remaining big 12 schedules). rematches are a bitch and if we lose that game we are the bitch.

Rematches almost never work in our favor. We had to pull out a lot of shit to stay close and our coaching staff has shown to be out coached by the biggest of dimbasses. Frankly I hope they shit the bed twice and we don’t face them again 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Rematches almost never work in our favor.

K. When is the last time Texas lost twice to the same team in one season? 

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We had to pull out a lot of shit to stay close

Lol THAT's your takeaway from the OU game?

• Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Rematches almost never work in our favor. We had to pull out a lot of shit to stay close and our coaching staff has shown to be out coached by the biggest of dimbasses. Frankly I hope they shit the bed twice and we don’t face them again 

What fucking game were you watching? lol

People!  West Virginia is not beating OU!!  Some of y’all didn’t watch the game last night.  They were only a 3 point favorite vs Houston last night and lost.  Houston that barley beat UTSA and lost to Rice..  Just win and we have no issues getting to the big 12 championship. 
Both of those teams are sub-par, and watching the Tceh vs Rapelor highlights that was an epic slap fight among cripples. BYU and K-state are the only remaining teams that should put up a fight.

While we're talking about sub par, I really don't get the BYU hype. Is it based off of the Arkansas win that is starting to look worse by the week? Or just PTSD of Taysom Hill fucking shit up? I get the respect for the literal age difference, but I think we have seen enough of Slovis to know that he isn't even Tanner Mangum. 

10 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

While we're talking about sub par, I really don't get the BYU hype. Is it based off of the Arkansas win that is starting to look worse by the week? Or just PTSD of Taysom Hill fucking shit up? I get the respect for the literal age difference, but I think we have seen enough of Slovis to know that he isn't even Tanner Mangum. 

Yeah I don't understand everyone talking BYU up. Texas should whip that ass at home. Maybe they make OU sweat up in Provo but I don't think they're very good. 

It’s just that they’re 4-1, went 3-0 OOC with a P5 road win, and have only lost to a ranked team that has 3 double digit P5 wins and has only lost once, on the road at a top ten team, in a competitive-ish game with a backup QB at that.

I haven’t watched them to be honest but any P5 team with that record at this juncture is going to get an assumption of baseline competence. My impression from afar is that they are not that special and Texas should handle BYU easily if they play well. Maybe I’d be more worried if the game was in Provo. Analytics seem not to like them either.

11 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

Disappointed Last Man Standing GIF by Laff

Oh we are prepared. When you are a sports fan most seasons end in disappointment. Unless you are a Pats fan from 2000 to 2017 or something and fuck those guys.

But Texas can and maybe even should win the rest of their games. So I am excited.

But it isn't like I will be shocked if it all comes crashing down in demoralizing fashion. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

It’s just that they’re 4-1, went 3-0 OOC with a P5 road win, and have only lost to a ranked team that has 3 double digit P5 wins and has only lost once, on the road at a top ten team, in a competitive-ish game with a backup QB at that.

I haven’t watched them to be honest but any P5 team with that record at this juncture is going to get an assumption of baseline competence. My impression from afar is that they are not that special and Texas should handle BYU easily if they play well. Maybe I’d be more worried if the game was in Provo. Analytics seem not to like them either.

Those numbers are great and all until you actually look at who they’ve played. They hung on to beat Sam Houston State, gave up a ton of offense to Southern Utah, and had two close wins over Arky and Cincy both of whom will be lucky to make bowl games and throw in a double digit loss to Kansas with a hobbled Daniels. Bottom line, our schedule is full of paper tigers like this one. Time to put on the big boy cleats and start throttling these mouth breathing mooches. 

32 minutes ago, JBJ said:

BYU scored 14 points on the FBS's worst team.

They beat Arkansas by 7, Cincy by 8, and lost to Kansas by 11.

Where are people getting that BYU is a good team?

12 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

PTSD. They’re terrible 

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I had PTSD typed up and didn’t hit reply. We are an abused and battered fan base for sure.

But what about the magic underpants? 

35 minutes ago, z009 said:

The games at TCU and Iowa State scare me the most. They both have given us trouble lately, and would love nothing more than to derail our season. I would normally also say Tech, but it is at home. 

Everyone on our schedule wants to derail our season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, z009 said:

I know, but I think TCU and Iowa State have the best chance to do it. 

To be flat honest I think the only team that can beat us IS us. We show up focus and dialed and and its the woodshed for errbody and I'm not even joking. We haven't played a clean game yet. Too many young guys in key positions. When you are young but talented you are explosive but struggle with consistent execution. Thats why we struggle in the redzone. Someone always makes a killer mistake. However, as we gain more and more experience the execution level gets better and lookout.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, z009 said:

The games at TCU and Iowa State scare me the most.

I agree. I'm not sure how much either of them "scare" me though. I'll have to see how we come out after the bye. 

I think Tech is the best team remaining on our schedule, but I can't recall Tech ever beating a good Texas team in Austin. 

9 hours ago, 'stache said:

Man so weird to be talking tie breakers this early. OU is going to lose a game or two. Not to us obviously, but they'll find a way to fuck up somewhere else. Of course, if by some miracle OSU has its shit together and runs the table, the ISU loss will find a way to fuck us, because anytime those a-holes beat us, it fucks us over.

If Gabriel goes down OU will be a very different team and can lose some games.  I know any team that loses their starting QB can be much worse off but his size and the frequency that he takes hits because of how often he runs the ball really increases the chances that he won’t make it through the season healthy.  

6 minutes ago, stork642 said:

If Gabriel goes down OU will be a very different team and can lose some games.  I know any team that loses their starting QB can be much worse off but his size and the frequency that he takes hits because of how often he runs the ball really increases the chances that he won’t make it through the season healthy.  

They really don't run him that often. They only ran him as much as they did against us because they knew they had to produce some kind of run game to win. Against the rest of their schedule, they can simply be pass-happy.