Seven Win Steve Rides Again!

closetojumping

58 minutes ago, ztejas said:

All I know is we're seven games into the season about to be #7 in the AP and still have everything to play for. 

Program is trending in the right direction. I didn't want to see Quinn get hurt and I'm not sure Maalik or Arch is a better QB but I do want to see someone that can consistently make reads and run Sark's offense because we have yet to see that. Quinn is fine but today was just another data point that we can do better. 

The D is getting better despite what a lot of you think. The talent on the lines is getting better. The culture seems to be getting better. 

There are worse guys we could have running the program. Would any of you take Riley or Brian Kelly over Sark? Not sure I would. 

Sometimes it takes time. Look at Clemson or Michigan. 

You wouldn’t take Lincoln RILEY over Sarkisian?

are you fucking horrific at math or something?

IMG_3485.thumb.png.9e460f251f9b86b796920ff6c3c16bd3.png

IMG_3486.thumb.png.6be1d199ed5b1e23b1c405a50e849f4b.png

what the fuck man. Sark’s had exactly 1 season with less than 4 losses and that was because he got fired mid fucking season.

Riley has NEVER lost more than 3 games in 6 fucking seasons.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

You wouldn’t take Lincoln RILEY over Sarkisian?

are you fucking horrific at math or something?

IMG_3485.thumb.png.9e460f251f9b86b796920ff6c3c16bd3.png

IMG_3486.thumb.png.6be1d199ed5b1e23b1c405a50e849f4b.png

what the fuck man. Sark’s had exactly 1 season with less than 4 losses and that was because he got fired mid fucking season.

Riley has NEVER lost more than 3 games in 6 fucking seasons.

That isn't an apples to apples comparison for a plethora of reasons and I'm not talking about their coaching histories, anyway. Texas looks better than SC right now and we don't have the reigning Heisman winner under center. 

Some of you are acting like we lost today and it's embarassing. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Man, Bama is 6-1 with their only loss being to us. I think you aren't giving them enough credit. They aren't what they used to be but they are a very good football team and we beat them in their stadium convincingly. The team came out balls to the wall today and lifted the gas pedal. Happens all the time to the best of them.

You’re thumping your chest a whole lot over a win against a shitty team we have no business even playing. You might tone it down a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That isn't an apples to apples comparison for a plethora of reasons and I'm not talking about their coaching histories, anyway. Texas looks better than SC right now and we don't have the reigning Heisman winner under center. 

You make the statement that you’d take Sark over RILEY and then you call what anyone else says “embarrassing”?

Texas was in a shootout with 3-3 UH today.

USC is in a shootout with #14 5-1 Utah today.

You are literally too stupid to insult.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Sark does not fucking get it still....not kicking the fucking field goal when up 21-0 was amateur hour G5 coaching bullshit like G5 Tom did......I get the idea of twisting the knife, but you are early in the fucking game and anything can happen and they are already bleeding out and instead of stabbing them another time even for 3 you fucking throw some gauze at them and run over and hide behind the fucking chainsaws to have a good cry about the bad things that almost happened to you like a dumb cunt in a shitty horror movie....well they patched themselves up and got up and chased your ass around with a fucking chainsaw you stupid bitch and almost cut your fucking head off at the end

that 3 points would have been only slightly less demoralizing than 7 points and then another kick off and offensive series facing being down 3 scores (with 2 point conversions) or realistically 4 scores......instead they were hopping around like they had just arrived in Kansas City because of a failed attempt to go for it on 4th and got some life

that is just dumb ass coaching bullshit especially against a program that knows this is the last time they will even sniff Texas in their shitty stajium and that has lived for that moment for the last 15+ years

and of course late in the game that 3 points being on the board would have made things much more of a panic for them and much more urgent which is when a drunken, one dimensional, can't coach for shit, fucking fool coaching for his job fucks things all up and his shitty team implodes

this is not the first time Sark has done this dumb shit either he needs to fucking learn.....the only good news is Texas finally has a team that does not fall apart when the coach does dumb shit like in the past and plays through it

blah, fucking blah... your last sentence is regarded.... "Texas finally has a team that does not fall apart when the coach does dumb shit like in the past and plays through it."

Who recruited the team? who coached the team? who built the resilience you praise? 

Edited by ChickenNuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

You’re acting like a junior high student crowing about a win over Town East Middle School. We won and I am glad. There is little to celebrate. This was not any achievement. 

“Yea! We didn’t lose to an AAC team!”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

You make the statement that you’d take Sark over RILEY and then you call what anyone else says “embarrassing”?

Why don't you address anything I said. 

You think USC is in a better spot than Texas right now as a program? They have one guy dragging their entire fucking team and don't play any defense. My USC fan friends are already tired of him. OU was tired of him.

Sark appears to be working towards a higher ceiling than what Riley has or likely will ever put together. I don't know whether he gets there or not but I'll roll the dice on him 10 times out of 10 over a guy that ignores an entire side of the ball. 

So, yes, keep telling us how shitty Sark is because we... um, won again today? Instead of getting ass-whipped by Notre Dame or taken into 2OT by Arizona.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

You’re thumping your chest a whole lot over a win against a shitty team we have no business even playing. You might tone it down a bit. 

When my opinion is opposite yours I am usually doing the right thing. You might wanna go hang out with Helobious.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That we won*

Just want to add that.

Because, you know, we've lost a lot of games the past 15 years. 

Yeah I’m sorry, you’re right. Damn we dominated that shitty team, oh wait we didn’t? But we should feel great about it because “win”. I’ll adjust my expectations for this team, so I don’t expect the same results as the last 15 years. Fuck that, it was an embarrassing game no matter how you choose to spin it.

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

You’re acting like a junior high student crowing about a win over Town East Middle School. We won and I am glad. There is little to celebrate. This was not any achievement. 

I'm not crowing about anything. I'm being pragmatic about where this program is right now and combating the bitch-made pussiness of posters like you. 

Again, sorry we're 6-1 and have been ranked in the top 10 all season. What a Greek fucking tragedy after wandering the desert for 13 years. If only we were 2-5 so we could fire the coach that all of you think sucks so fucking much that I'm sure will never win anything here. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Sark appears to be working towards a higher ceiling than what Riley has or likely will ever put together. I don't know whether he gets there or not but I'll roll the dice on him 10 times out of 10 over a guy that ignores an entire side of the ball. 

bolded is about to collapse from all the heavy lifting it's doing there. 

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Why don't you address anything I said. 

You think USC is in a better spot than Texas right now as a program? They have one guy dragging their entire fucking team and don't play any defense. My USC fan friends are already tired of him. OU was tired of him.

So, yes, keep telling us how shitty Sark is because we... um, won again today? Instead of getting ass-whipped by Notre Dame or taken into 2OT by Arizona.

They got taken into 2OT by Arizona and won, right? What’s the difference? 

as for getting whipped by ND... we lost to OU last week. We were physically dominated. We lost.

Texas just gave up well over 300 yds passing to UH and was shut down for nearly 3 Q by the vaunted UH defense (115th ranked).

the idea that Sark is headed to a higher level than RILEY is fucking laughable. He’ll need [checks notes] 6 fucking seasons of 10+ wins to be on a higher level. Something he’s NEVER FUCKING DONE A SINGLE DAMN TIME.

I’m not even claiming Riley is some super coach, but his CONSISTENT RESULTS absolutely DESTROY Sarks results and you’re damn right they aren’t apples to oranges.

If Riley is an Apple, then Sark is a mushroom growing on cow shit.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 1

Just now, lilMAC25 said:

They got taken into 2OT by Arizona and won, right? What’s the difference?

as for getting whipped by ND.

we lost to OU last week. We were physically dominated. We lost.

the idea that Sark is headed to a higher level than RILEY is fucking laughable. I’m not even claiming Riley is some super coach, but his CONSISTENT RESULTS absolutely DESTROY Sarks results and you’re damn right they aren’t apples to oranges.

If Riley is an Apple, then Sark is a mushroom growing on cow shit.

One coach got handed a ready-made blue blood team and then left that team and took his players to another blue blood team. The other guy went to an also ran that won a single game. But you do you.

4 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Yeah I’m sorry, you’re right. Damn we dominated that shitty team, oh wait we didn’t? But we should feel great about it because “win”. I’ll adjust my expectations for this team, so I don’t expect the same results as the last 15 years. Fuck that, it was an embarrassing game no matter how you choose to spin it.

You're expectations for Texas are out of fucking whack if you think this win is embarassing. We have one national title in the last 43 seasons. I guess since we beat Bama we're never allowed to lose to OU again or win a close college football game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don't think anyone is happy with how we won... Just the "Henny Penny, the motherfucking, goddamn sky is falling" shit is annoying... and stupid.... It's this line of thinking that's led us into the motherfucking desert of college football. 

Edited by ChickenNuggets
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ztejas said:

You're expectations for Texas are out of fucking whack if you think this win is embarassing. We have one national title in the last 43 seasons. I guess since we beat Bama we're never allowed to lose to OU again or win a close college football game. 

Wow. OK, you win.

4 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

I don't think anyone is happy with how we won... Just the "Henny Penny, the motherfucking, goddamn sky is falling" shit is annoying... and stupid.... It's this line of thinking that's led us into the motherfucking desert of college football. 

I expect us to play better and I think we will play better. And you're hitting the nail on the head. There are 100+ FBS fanbases that would fucking kill to have a team like this. And that SHOULD include this fanbase. But regardless of how shitty we've been for as long as it's been it's just never good enough. This is part of why people hate Texas. The arrogance and entitlement without the results to back it up. 

The absolute biggest problem of the game offensively was the three drives in a row that UH got, technically there was a Texas fake field goal in there, but it was the complete meltdown that allowed UH to get back in the game.  image.thumb.png.1abb44169ea552115fdb07b0e9c82a98.png

I don't necesserally agree it should be something to worry about since the time with halftime was flukey. It is the 335, secondary and MASH unit right now takes precedence. That said if the above does not happen the injuries probably don't either.

Edited by linux

Just hope Sark is young and smart enough to want to get better and improve. 

Him moving up and down the sideline and interacting (yelling?) At players was a first for me.   He looked like a stunned scared ass for most the second half then seemed to act like a HC and we got a W in a game we easily lose over the last 10 years 

I'll take it and I'll keep the faith in him for now

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

All I can say is, I'm more likely to read about the team tomorrow after an ugly win against a shitty team, then after the last OU game that actually had some wonderful moments that I have no interest in repeating...  so fuck it.

And that’s completely fair.

wins, no matter how shitty, are vastly better than losses.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Surly is amazing at moving goalposts and quickly at that. I'm not going to let myself forget the decade plus of shit we just wandered through. We're fucking 6-1 and about to be ranked 7th in the AP and stamp our 7th straight week being inside the top 10. I'll eat a little crow on days like today because I thought we'd whip UH's ass and we didn't - but at the end of the day we won. You play to win the fucking game. It's a binary outcome and we left on the right side today. It's the shit that we've hated about OU for so long - they always pull it out of their ass. Well today we did that.

We used to lose these games. Sark himself said it: you lose close, then you win close, then you win big. It's still CFB so you always get a grab bag but we've whipped some serious ass this year, lost a close one in a rivalry game to a good OU team and won a close one. I remember after the ISU game last year I fucking cried because I was so fucking used to losing those games and we finally hadn't pissed one away. Today reminded me a lot of that game. We didn't let it get away - we never let them lead - we came up with huge plays when it matted and scored when we had to. We haven't done that consistently in a long fucking time. 

That's what good teams and winning programs do and we're starting to see it more often. Sark is a flawed head coach but he has some great attributes. He doesn't seem arrogant and doesn't seem to take things for granted. He seems to have class and morals and know how to win - and I think he recognizes his mistakes and tries to learn from them.

Maybe this is all horseshit and we fall off a cliff the rest of the season but I don't think so. I think these guys have integrity and I think lot of them are winners. We can complain (and justly so) about the secondary play and not getting home to the QB and playing sloppy on O but all of those motherfuckers played hard for 4 Qs - and they've done that all season. That D (and D Line) especially gave it everything they fucking had and it wound up being enough.

Survive and advance. Let's fuck BYU up next week. 

Fuck yeah.  

46 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

USC was in a shootout with fucking Arizona two weeks ago, and ASU a few weeks before that.

By the way - something I want to add: When you have 1 loss and it's a decent loss and you also have a great win, and you're camped out just outside the top 4 in the polls, close wins mean A LOT more than they do when you're 5-3 and barely have anything to play for. 

Winning today means that we're still alive for EVERYTHING. It doesn't mean that we aren't as good as we should be or we're behind the 8 ball or the improvement isn't there - it means that EVERYTHING is still on the table and that we move on to next week and we see what happens. 

We have seen this team this year play much, much better than this and show us what they are capable of.

That's exciting. That doesn't make games like this embarassing or a step in the wrong direction - it makes games like this massive fucking wins because it keeps our hat in the ring. 

It's college football. It's the greatest sport that God ever gave man. You survive and advance and try and fucking figure it out the next week. We are still contending for a conference and national title after 7 games and that is pretty fucking cool if you ask me. 

• Hook 'Em 7

47 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

You forgot ou almost losing to UCF 31-29….UCF missing a 2-pt play.   Venables filled a diaper today.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

When my opinion is opposite yours I am usually doing the right thing. You might wanna go hang out with Helobious.

Don’t be a fucktard. I’ll not play football resume matching against you, but you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Edited by Tex Pete

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Diploma on the wall brother. Come to the house and see. People on this board know me in real life. Your recruiting take is dumb. Every week I sit and talk with a guy who is probably the most knowledgeable recruiting guy out there as far as Texas is concerned. If you know where I live, you would know who I am talking about. I only keep quiet about recruiting because I am told things in confidence.

So you live in Nashville?

Edited by MuellerHorn

2 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

So what? I would rather that dirty Sooner douche lost every game he coaches. 

Sadly, he’s likely to win 9-10 games, again.

Likely going to lose 2 in a row with games remaining with Washington, Oregon, and UCLA. He's definitely not winning 10 games this year.