Week 7, 2023: Texas at Houston

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Just an fyi, don’t bring your handgun and keep it in your truck. Especially if your truck has any maga / trump stickers, go Brandon, come and take it, ect … You’re begging for someone to break into your truck. Last week they caught two guys breaking into trucks around Minute Maid, they had 40 pistols 

Don’t be an idiot and leave anything of value in a vehicle.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:
2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Just an fyi, don’t bring your handgun and keep it in your truck. Especially if your truck has any maga / trump stickers, go Brandon, come and take it, ect … You’re begging for someone to break into your truck. Last week they caught two guys breaking into trucks around Minute Maid, they had 40 pistols 

Don’t be an idiot and leave anything of value in a vehicle.

Based on tx 3's comment, it would seem "Don't drive a truck to a public event in Houston", regardless of whether any stickers or valuables are present. They could have just profiled trucks as being highly likely to have their preferred plunder. Break-in damage to the vehicle is expensive either way.

On 10/18/2023 at 10:07 PM, Atticus said:

They’ll need to protect Robertson against Nwankwo or that could end up being an issue.

He could choke out a drive or two. 

On 10/18/2023 at 10:35 PM, Hank_Hill said:

400 yards passing to Rice and WVU. They couldn’t choke a masochist whore.

On 10/18/2023 at 10:57 PM, HenryJames said:

image.gif.7bb13c08af1adfe8444a733fb43b85ae.gif

Houston player Chidozie Nwankwo accused of choking his live-in girlfriend

Spoiler

UH Cougars freshman suspended from team after assault charge

Monday, February 8, 2021

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A University of Houston football player is accused of choking his live-in girlfriend during an on-campus incident last month.

Chidozie Nwankwo, an 18-year-old freshman for the Cougars football team, was charged with assault/impeding breathing in connection with a Jan. 28 domestic incident.

According to a charging document, Nwankwo's girlfriend contacted campus police about the incident at the Cullen Oaks Apartments, claiming her boyfriend had assaulted her.

Nwankwo was stated in the document admitting only a verbal argument became heated between the two.

It wasn't until Feb. 3 that Nwankwo's charge was filed.

Nwankwo is out on bond, according to records.

UH Athletics offered their statement on Nwankwo's charge, adding he had been suspended from the football program:

"We are aware of the serious allegations regarding Chidozie Nwankwo. He has been suspended from the Houston football program, pending further information. We will have no further comment regarding this specific case."

According to UH Athletics, Nwankwo is a defensive lineman, listed at 5 feet 11 inches tall and 293 pounds. A highly touted local prospect before joining the Cougars, he went to Foster High School in Richmond.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:
13 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Thankfully, it was a short walk to Taco Cabana on MLK, not Taco Bell, when I attended Texas. These days, Taco Cabana wouldn't be worth the walk either. Back then it was.

Hell yeah it was

Another favorite was Hao Hao's in the Dobie Center food court. Awesome food, big portions and cheap. Best Hot-n-Sour soup anywhere. Oh, and in the opposite direction Ruby's BBQ just off Guadalupe. Loved the spicy chopped beef sandwhiches.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, South Austin said:

If you’re talking about Hong, yes, we all had a bit of a crush on her. 

Flash forward to adulthood, and I start going to Hao Q Kitchen off Far West with my kids. I tell her how I recognize her from my undergrad days at Hao Hao, and it’s like I’m instantly one of her favorite customers. We went there a couple times a month, and she eventually memorized our family’s orders. We were regulars for about a decade, and then the pandemic hits, and I get take out maybe once or twice in six months, and then I find out she lost a battle with cancer. I was close to tears when I heard the news. I believe @Brisketexan was also a big fan.

Here she is.

image.jpeg

Anyways, go Texas, fuck Cooger High.

That's sad news. I hadn't heard. But yeah I'd gone to see her out on Far West too

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Flash forward to adulthood, and I start going to Hao Q Kitchen off Far West with my kids. I tell her how I recognize her from my undergrad days at Hao Hao, and it’s like I’m instantly one of her favorite customers. We went there a couple times a month, and she eventually memorized our family’s orders. We were regulars for about a decade, and then the pandemic hits, and I get take out maybe once or twice in six months, and then I find out she lost a battle with cancer. I was close to tears when I heard the news. I believe @Brisketexan was also a big fan.

Sorry to hear that. Sad news indeed.

• Hook 'Em 1

Flash forward to adulthood, and I start going to Hao Q Kitchen off Far West with my kids. I tell her how I recognize her from my undergrad days at Hao Hao, and it’s like I’m instantly one of her favorite customers. We went there a couple times a month, and she eventually memorized our family’s orders. We were regulars for about a decade, and then the pandemic hits, and I get take out maybe once or twice in six months, and then I find out she lost a battle with cancer. I was close to tears when I heard the news. I believe [mention=593]Brisketexan[/mention] was also a big fan.
Here she is.
image.jpeg.784af38d34e96b05963a4b4e58f33566.jpeg

Anyways, go Texas, fuck Cooger High.

She was so awesome. Remembered everyone’s name. RIP
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The absolute best part of this is where several of them unironically whine about someone else running up the score. Torbush. 

It's amazing.  The team that put 95 points up on SMU, who was coming off the death penalty.

UH has always been a trash program.  And ran up the score on everyone when they could under Pardee and Jenkins.

Didn't they also cheap shot one of our guys and took out his knee in the bleachergate game?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Point me to where this conversation has been has if I’ve missed it, but what’s the best way to get to the stadium tomorrow, fellow houstonians? I live in town so can drive if that’s best but if there’s an easy spot to hop on the metro/or uber is better i am not opposed.

I've heard houston is a bikeable city.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Point me to where this conversation has been has if I’ve missed it, but what’s the best way to get to the stadium tomorrow, fellow houstonians? I live in town so can drive if that’s best but if there’s an easy spot to hop on the metro/or uber is better i am not opposed.

Avoid 45.  Take spur 5 and park across campus off of University or Wheeler. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, sith_horn said:

Another favorite was Hao Hao's in the Dobie Center food court. Awesome food, big portions and cheap. Best Hot-n-Sour soup anywhere. Oh, and in the opposite direction Ruby's BBQ just off Guadalupe. Loved the spicy chopped beef sandwhiches.

Ya'll didn't treat yourself to Champagne at Miami Subs?

15 hours ago, sith_horn said:

My husband worked at Ruby’s for a short time while he was in undergrad and he served Leslie Jordan once. Said he was a super nice guy /csb 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

So, just purchased some tickets to the game from a resale site. These are the tickets that came back: they have to be printed out and look very bush league.

Was hoping the surly hivemind could confirm: Mickey Mouse production by the UofH tickets department, or I got ripped off? 

ticket.png

Well, the game is at 3, not 11:59, I do know that much. The ones I bought from stub hub were 100% digital and had to be added to my Apple wallet basically.

Edited by Etexhorn13

19 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

So, just purchased some tickets to the game from a resale site. These are the tickets that came back: they have to be printed out and look very bush league.

Was hoping the surly hivemind could confirm: Mickey Mouse production by the UofH tickets department, or I got ripped off? 

ticket.png

We bought through stubhub and the tickets were transferred to us through a UH portal. Not sure if you got ripped off or the seller is just technologically incompetent.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The absolute best part of this is where several of them unironically whine about someone else running up the score. Torbush. 

I'm shocked there are actual public Houston fans on the Internet or even a forum for both of them to meet.  I did go look at their record,  and they have 13 conference winning records since 2000,  6 more than the aggies.  Maybe farmer should pay attention,  although they both seem to use the same stadium architects.

Edited by TheAuditor
Fuckery

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic