Wulaw Horn

3 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Establish the run game and quick check downs first to make them bite, then have Maalik hit em with the deep ball.

Run game is gonna have to be stubborn.  They actually don't give up consistent yards on runs, but they will break on occasion and give up a big play.

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Kansas gashed them and stuck with it. Good call

And we might as well just from talent gap.  But statistically, they hold a lot of runs to short gains.  It's one pf the few things their defense isn't terrible at.

I can only opine based on what I’ve seen.  Of Maalik, to be fair, it’s relatively little in very limited garbage time snaps.  In that limited action, I wasn’t seeing a whole lot in the passing game and what stuck out is he throws the ball hard, perhaps too hard for WR tastes.  Maybe he had a leash on him that will be taken off today for a more fair assessment of his skills in a starting role.  Will be interesting to see whether The Horns plug him into the Ewers’ offensive role or change the play book to cater to his skill set.  Definitely ready for the possibility of a Simms-Applewhite revival though that may become a 3-way once (if) Ewers is due to return

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I don’t remember being more soaked at a game. It was a moderate but steady downpour the entire game, and the ponchos didn’t do shit.

Texas v Missouri 1996 is the all-timer

Edited by Steelers Roll Left

17 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Mizzou punted from deep in their own territory when the storm was blowing in and the ball maybe went 15 yards because the wind and rain were so intense. Later Ricky Williams carried some poor Mizzou player into the end zone a la Earl vs SMU, which seemed to be a fitting metaphor for the game itself. 

Edited by honolulu horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

I can only opine based on what I’ve seen.  Of Maalik, to be fair, it’s relatively little in very limited garbage time snaps.  In that limited action, I wasn’t seeing a whole lot in the passing game and what stuck out is he throws the ball hard, perhaps too hard for WR tastes.  Maybe he had a leash on him that will be taken off today for a more fair assessment of his skills in a starting role.  Will be interesting to see whether The Horns plug him into the Ewers’ offensive role or change the play book to cater to his skill set.  Definitely ready for the possibility of a Simms-Applewhite revival though that may become a 3-way once (if) Ewers is due to return

We ran out of alcohol and sent the pledges out to reload during the delay.

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

We ran out of alcohol and sent the pledges out to reload during the delay.

San Jacinto Blvd was a river after that game.  Later, I remember on Sportscenter they caught some soaked co-Ed throwing back a bottle of something at the top of stadium (commentary was “someone check her ID”) so you weren’t alone in that booze run ; )

2 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

San Jacinto Blvd was a river after that game.  Later, I remember on Sportscenter they caught some soaked co-Ed throwing back a bottle of something at the top of stadium (commentary was “someone check her ID”) so you weren’t alone in that booze run ; )

She was with our group.

• Hook 'Em 1

Would someone be a G and help out-I’m driving from Dallas to BFE East Texas. Is catalon still on the team? Ok jokes aside is he playing? Is watts back? Who else? I guess what’s the injury report. Save me from searching thanks 

25 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Sloppy turf?

Those black beads all over you can get pretty sloppy. Not billy madison sloppy but

On 10/28/2023 at 10:56 AM, Steelers Roll Left said:

A classmate friend of mine was one of the bellyflop sliders in the water -- and was the only one who did it and was arrested who wasn't drunk.

He didn't worry -- his lawyer-dad had him out of custody in a couple hours.  Lulz.

Edited by BachelorTrek