NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Lue is probably a top 5 coach in the league. Not much of a retread.

In what universe is that true?

Here's this years NBA coach of the year voting:

image.png.ccc1faaf52093256a5fb5ae02a9fbd69.png

Here's his record, post Lebron:

image.png.f4312609176b1c0abdaa31b80b06f414.png

Nah

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

In what universe is that true?

In the universe where I follow the NBA and am an ardent student and observer of the game. 

Putting him in the top tier of coaches isn't a hot take. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Putting him in the top tier of coaches isn't a hot take. 

It is to me, but I'd take Budenholzer over that dude all day long, and he aint even coaching in the league this year. 

Using coach of the year rankings doesn’t mean much. Spoelstra is at sixth there and it seems universally agreed he’s no worse than two? 

Lue can coach. It’s not his fault he has to deal with Kawhi’s bullshit every year. 

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Kyrie is crazy good and has been a good soldier in Dallas so far.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for him because of 06-19-16.

He’s been incredible. Maybe he’s grown up? Maybe he realized how much money he cost himself? Maybe he’s still a time bomb ticking? Things were great in Boston and Cleveland until they weren’t. And his durability is always a question but holy hell he plays a beautiful game. 

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

It's going to be weird watching a Game 7 for a series I haven't watched a single second of.

I saw game 6 and it was fun. Mitchell was incredible. Orlando has a very nice young core. 

5 minutes ago, MrX said:

Using coach of the year rankings doesn’t mean much. Spoelstra is at sixth there and it seems universally agreed he’s no worse than two? 

Lue can coach. It’s not his fault he has to deal with Kawhi’s bullshit every year. 

Point of clarification: he signed up for the Kawhi experience. It’s completely his fault. He had other options. 

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Point of clarification: he signed up for the Kawhi experience. It’s completely his fault. He had other options. 

Seems like the Kawhi thing went off the rails after Lue got there - Kawhi had the Toronto year, then his first year for the Clippers was second team all NBA and they had the epic collapse with Doc Rivers in the bubble. That looked like a potential title team at the moment Lue got hired. 

5 minutes ago, MrX said:

Seems like the Kawhi thing went off the rails after Lue got there - Kawhi had the Toronto year, then his first year for the Clippers was second team all NBA and they had the epic collapse with Doc Rivers in the bubble. That looked like a potential title team at the moment Lue got hired. 

Well, that’s certainly one take on Kawhi’s history. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Havent seen a player cooked that badly by someone wearing a suit since that Mavs announcer destroyed James Harden

Never forget the no-show playoff game Harden played for Rockets in H-Town vs San Antonio  (Spurs were w/out Parker & Leonard)

Spurs rout James Harden, Rockets 114-75 to win series

San Antonio Spurs vs Houston Rockets Full Game Highlights :  Game 6 May 11 2017 NBA Playoffs

2 hours ago, MrX said:

Ah yes, the bubble year where everyone got 3-4 months off to rest up for the stretch run and playoffs.  There's the answer, Clippers just need to ask the league to institute an in-season, quarter-year load management break.

Playoffs been pretty satisfying so far:

1. Ishbia gets his ass handed to him   

2. All the annoying clippers fucks sent packing - after talking all that shit early   

3. Doc being Doc.

4. Embiid bitch ass sent home 

5. Magic, Thunder, Pacers moving on, possibly the new guard making their name.

6. Absolute slugfest round 2 set up w Minny vs DEN

7. Lakers.  Love to see it.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:
Hahaha, I mean they look great.  I’m absolutely shit hammered at f1 though which Is like time travel.  I think.  

You went back after last year's shit show?

Last year I had a wedding.  lol.  I am a dumbass.  I have a place here so whatever.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Which one and how many?

resize.thumb.webp.61a3fa5ef17b6e0cc65c5f541a206253.webp

I’ll be a tool and post a receipt after I post my paystub.  Honestly I’m way past champagne and all the dogshit.  Just spend my min and have a good time.  The girls are all there regardless.  
trying to watch antman being Jordan before dinner 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

trying to watch antman being Jordan before dinner 

Someone made a post the other day wanting to discuss the best players in the game. Jokic and Doncic were the focus, but I think SGA and Ant are forcing their way into that conversation--or will if they haven't yet.

(And Wemby waiting in the wings, a year or two down the line.)

Say hello to Angie for me. Fucker.

• Hook 'Em 2