OU loses to Kansas hahaha

troph

8 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Losing to that OU team is a bad look. They aren't that good. But if we don't shit the bed, we will have a chance to unfuck our season, and I think we do. I don't give a fuck who our QB is. 

If we win out and it's between us or a one-loss Michigan or Ohio State, that OU loss will be used against us, and could very well result in us getting left out. We always have to drop that one game, and it's infuriating. 

I'm just saying if OU were to play any of those three teams I mentioned, OU would be a double-digit underdog to each. OU is not a great team, and we would have beat them if we were as good as we thought we were. 
Of course they would be dogs to those teams, but that's even if they beat Kansas today to stay unbeaten. Having said that, I'm not sure any of the teams you mentioned are good enough to sleepwalk while bloU is playing out of their minds and still come out with a win...especially Georgia from what I've seen this year. It seems NIL and the transfer portal have revived most of the traditional powers this season, but it's also created a bit more parity among the top programs when it comes to talent. The days of a program like Bama stockpiling to such a degree their second string is better than most teams starters are over.

8 minutes ago, z009 said:

I'm just saying if OU were to play any of those three teams I mentioned, OU would be a double-digit underdog to each. OU is not a great team, and we would have beat them if we were as good as we thought we were. 

We are a MASH unit right now and were 3 weeks ago when we played OU. No Watts and Sanders was less than 50/50 he'd play. Not to mention Huston was out, and we lost our starting C early in the game.

If we could have the team that played Bama all season, then we'd have beaten OU and had better wins against UH and BYU.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, z009 said:

If we win out and it's between us or a one-loss Michigan or Ohio State, that OU loss will be used against us, and could very well result in us getting left out. We always have to drop that one game, and it's infuriating. 

Not if Bama wins the SEC. Neither OSU nor Michigan has a win like we do on the road against Bama.

Just now, ousux said:
10 minutes ago, z009 said:

Of course they would be dogs to those teams, but that's even if they beat Kansas today to stay unbeaten. Having said that, I'm not sure any of the teams you mentioned are good enough to sleepwalk while bloU is playing out of their minds and still come out with a win...especially Georgia from what I've seen this year. It seems NIL and the transfer portal have revived most of the traditional powers this season, but it's also created a bit more parity among the top programs when it comes to talent. The days of a programs like Bama stockpiling to such a degree their second string is better than most teams starters are over.

We all thought that this team was elite after the Bama win, but the OU loss proved that the Bama game was fool's gold. Any elite team would annihilate OU this year, and we are simply not at that level yet. We are on our way, but no championship-caliber defense lets Dillon Gabriel carve them up.

• Fuck You 14
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

OU season is ruined now.  

They beat us, and that's all they really care about. Their season has been complete for a few weeks now. I wish our side would approach that game with the same intensity.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, z009 said:

Would Ohio State, Georgia, or Michigan lose to OU, even on their worst day and OU's best day? I think the answer is no.

You're ignoring a lot of context. None of those teams are Texas and play OU every year at a neutral site in one of the most heated rivalry games in college football - especially not after winning 49-0 the year before and having OU dedicate their entire offseason to avenging that result. 

We went and beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa by 2 scores earlier this season. Do you think that Ohio State, Michigan and Georgia at their worst walk all over Bama in Tuscaloosa at their best? 

As of right now I do not think that Texas is a national title contender this season. But at the same time every top team in the country would be plenty capable of fucking around and finding out against Texas this season. Michigan has played fucking nobody. Ohio State has issues scoring the ball. Georgia picks and chooses when they show up. 

From a talent profile - when healthy - we can hang with any team in the country. If you don't place us in the elite-elite tier yet then just give it a year or two. We appear to be building a monster right now.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, ztejas said:

You're ignoring a lot of context. None of those teams are Texas and play OU every year at a neutral site in one of the most heated rivalry games in college football - especially not after winning 49-0 the year before and having OU dedicate their entire offseason to avenging that result. 

We went and beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa by 2 scores earlier this season. Do you think that Ohio State, Michigan and Georgia at their worst walk all over Bama in Tuscaloosa at their best? 

As of right now I do not think that Texas is a national title contender this season. But at the same time every top team in the country would be plenty capable of fucking around and finding out against Texas this season. Michigan has played fucking nobody. Ohio State has issues scoring the ball. Georgia picks and chooses when they show up. 

From a talent profile - when healthy - we can hang with any team in the country. If you don't place us in the elite-elite tier yet then just give it a year or two. We appear to be building a monster right now.

I don't disagree with you that we're building something special, I'm just saying that we're still a year or two away from being good enough for a natty. Dillon Gabriel is terrible, but he had a great game against our defense. Any championship-caliber defense would have made his life miserable. 

We all thought that this team was elite after the Bama win, but the OU loss proved that the Bama game was fool's gold. Any elite team would annihilate OU this year, and we are simply not at that level yet. We are on our way, but no championship-caliber defense lets Dillon Gabriel carve them up.
A QB playing out of their mind can lead to a simply decent team getting a win over superior team..or several. (TCU last season) But yeah, for the umpteenth year in a row we lack elite safety play. That wasnt the only reason we lost to blowU but a big part of it.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Are you insinuating we were at our worst and Bama was at their best?  Surely not.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

None of those teams are Texas and play OU every year at a neutral site in one of the most heated rivalry games in college football

Your point about neutral site is correct, but to think Michigan v tOSU isn’t one of the most heated rivalries is weird.

3 minutes ago, z009 said:

I don't disagree with you that we're building something special, I'm just saying that we're still a year or two away from being good enough for a natty. Dillon Gabriel is terrible, but he had a great game against our defense. Any championship-caliber defense would have made his life miserable. 

I'm telling you that the OU game has nothing to do with that timeline and doesn't say all that much about this Texas team. Other than we didn't play well that day and I don't think we have the right QB right now. 

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Are you insinuating we were at our worst and Bama was at their best?  Surely not.

Your point about neutral site is correct, but to think Michigan v tOSU isn’t one of the most heated rivalries is weird.

Are you intentionally missing the entire point of my post? Read the thread. 

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Alabama sucks ass this year. They would lose by 40 to one of the late teens Bama squads.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Don’t tell me what to do.

Don't argue with an idiot they will take you down to their level and beat you with experience....

1 minute ago, G650 said:

Alabama sucks ass this year. They would lose by 40 to one of the late teens Bama squads.

Stop bringing up facts.... Facts don't care about Gen-Ztejas feelings bro!

4 minutes ago, G650 said:

Yeah tough year for you guys. 7-1. 8th in the country. Two ranked wins at home since Texas got you. 

I mean where's the fucking accountability?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Kansas is 6-2. Not sure why it’s funny, they aren’t the team from before Lance. It’s like making fun of Kentucky beating somebody, just ignorance of current college football teams compared to their past.

Credit: Icon Sportswire via Getty Images/Icon SportswireTHat

That dude went to UNT in Denton he is a badass kid but OU lost to him.

OU FUCKING SUCKS COCK do you get it? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

They would lose to those earlier Bama teams, but not by 40.  Not even close.

I mean, they're not scoring as many points, but they're still top 15 in defense.

They're not losing to any team in college history by 40 points barring an amazing run of bad luck.

Hell, if they'd scored two more touchdowns against us, they'd be the #1 team in the country.

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sure cinnamon. Aren't you a little young to be such a pussy?

Jalen Milroe or Tua? Jalen Milroe or Jalen Hurts? Jalen Milroe or Mac Jones? Any of Bama's current receivers or Devonta Smith? Those mid-teens Bama teams were truly elite and basically mini NFL teams. 

Edited by z009
  • Fuck You 9

Jalen Milroe or Tua? Jalen Milroe or Jalen Hurts? Jalen Milroe or Mac Jones? Any of Bama's current receivers or Devonta Smith? Those mid-teens Bama teams were truly elite and basically mini NFL teams. 

Alabama has had one team run the table since 2009. Sorry you don't know what you're talking about. 

This Alabama team is good despite searching for QB play. They are in the driver's seat to win the SECW.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Alabama has had one team run the table since 2009. Sorry you don't know what you're talking about. 

This Alabama team is good despite searching for QB play. They are in the driver's seat to win the SECW.

Those mid-teens Bama teams also had Minkah Fitzpatrick, Patrick Surtain, and Quinnen Williams on defense. Their current roster is nothing like that. 

Edited by z009
  • Fuck You 9

Is it not true? Go back and look at those teams' rosters. It was historic how much talent they had back then. 

No, it's not.

Had you said "future NFL rosters," you'd be closer.  But, as is, you're dangerously close to pulling the always-retarded "they were so loaded they could have hung with the worst NFL team that year" schtick.

Also, go back and look at the 2005 Texas roster, 2005 and 2004 USC, 90s Nebraska, etc.  Those Bama teams weren't exactly the first to be loaded.  I suspect you're probably just young....

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

No, it's not.

Had you said "future NFL rosters," you'd be closer.  But, as is, you're dangerously close to pulling the always-retarded "they were so loaded they could have hung with the worst NFL team that year" schtick.

Also, go back and look at the 2005 Texas roster, 2005 and 2004 USC, 90s Nebraska, etc.  Those Bama teams weren't exactly the first to be loaded.  I suspect you're probably just young....

I meant in comparison to the current Bama team, those Bama teams were far more talented and had way more NFL-caliber players. 

Edited by z009
  • Fuck You 10