THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So the risk is that one SEC team is ahead of us. Just like if Georgia had won. So the downside is no difference and the upside is we get in. But somehow it's worse.

Morons, all of you. 

This is the same argument Wilcox has been making for the last hour. 

So damn stupid. How can they not realize that Georgia winning meant 1 lock and Georgia losing potentially meant 0 locks from the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I honestly think FSU needs a blowout win tonight to get in. I think the Alabama win hurt them more than anyone.

This could be right.

I can't imagine the committee leaving a 13-0 FSU team out, but their SoS will still be the softest even if they throttle Louisville tonight.

And I have a hard time imagining the committee leaving out a 12-1 SEC champ who just dethroned the two-time defending champ.

But, how do you take those two and leave Texas out when we beat one of them by 10 and have the strongest SoS?

I mean, Christ, even the committee has to be pulling for Lousiville tonight to get them off the hook.  But if FSU wins, maybe the safest thing for the committee to do is say, "Look, we put the champs of the four best conferences in.  Sorry, FSU, but you didn't schedule a big OOC game like Texas/Bama, Ohio St/ND, etc, and you could have."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, Christ, even the committee has to be pulling for Lousiville tonight to get them off the hook.  But if FSU wins, maybe the safest thing for the committee to do is say, "Look, we put the champs of the four best conferences in.  Sorry, FSU, but you didn't schedule a big OOC game like Texas/Bama, Ohio St/ND, etc, and you could have."

They played LSU

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dude on ABC made a great point. Said that our loss to OU was similar to Bama nearly losing to Auburn. We just wound up on different sides of the scoreline. 

Our loss to OU should improve too. 

SMU winning today gives OU another very good win. They may jump in the top 10 now above Ole Miss and Penn State. It may now be a "top 10 loss". 

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

The Bama win is proving so fucking massive. You literally just cannot ignore it. Can't.

Most important early season OOC win I can remember. Just to be clear all of CFB not just Texas

Edited by linux

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

The Bama win is proving so fucking massive. You literally just cannot ignore it. Can't.

Urban Meyer just now called it the most impressive win in all of CFB this year. 

Hats off to Sark and all that, but really thanks to whoever scheduled that game 10 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yep, if that win had been against any other team other (except washington or michigan) we'd likely be out with an FSU win

Edited by blutow

This day couldn't be going any better. 

1) Blowout win for Texas.

2) Close win for Bama changed the math from 1 SEC lock to potentially 0 SEC locks.

3) SMU beating Tulane could also help us with our loss. The OU loss could potentially now be a "top 10 loss" with them adding another very quality win. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]