THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

Right now, I would take a 3 - 0 FSU victory.  I think they get jumped. The concern is that Louisville goes out in the second half and allows FSU to put up more points making the W look better.  Louisville ain’t winning this game, and I don’t think they are scoring either. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Modessit said:
10 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:
We have had an endless stream of loser posters saying the same shit over and over. It's aggy and I am tired of it. 

So according to you, we're already in with the Georgia loss. Doesn't matter what happens with Michigan and Florida State. Alabama won the SEC, we beat Alabama, therefore we're in before them. Right? A Florida State loss at this point just gets Alabama in too.

Yes, we are in. All the talking heads have us in. All the talking heads are going for FSU's head right now because it is more palatable to the nation to fuck over FSU than Texas who beat Bama head to head. It is clear as day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You guys need to understand the absolute only way we’re getting in is with an FSU loss. Mich is not going to lose. FSU still might but it’s doubtful

Nah, I disagree. I have listened to the “eye test” bullshit for years. Texas would break foot off in the ass of all four teams currently playing. Washington presents a challenge, and we already beat Bama. Fuck that, give us a chance. 

• Like 1

Yes, we are in. All the talking heads have us in. All the talking heads are going for FSU's head right now because it is more palatable to the nation to fuck over FSU than Texas who beat Bama head to head. It is clear as day. 
That's not what I said. I said that YOU consider us in just because Alabama beat Georgia. No other criteria.

Just now, Modessit said:
4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

That's not what I said. I said that YOU consider us in just because Alabama beat Georgia. No other criteria.

I don’t know what the big deal is with HIM, but I’d say that’s accurate.

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is dumb. 

Our win is much better than Georgia. 1) Alabama will be ranked above Georgia. 2) We beat Alabama on the road and they beat Georgia on a neutral field. Our win is substantially better. 

To expand on this we not only scored a TD more than the next highest output vs Bama we held them to their fewest points outside of the USF game without Milroe. That win is aging spectacularly in both fashion and importance to our playoff hopes. 

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Here's the question. 

If Del Conte released a statement that he's canceling all tough non-conference opponents if they don't prioritize the H2H win over Bama would that be bad? What's the harm? 

The CFP committee wouldn’t care what he said, but it would make Texas look like crybabies before a decision was even made.

10 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

It would be awesome to see Louisville matched up against Iowa in a bowl game. 

You actually have interest in watching an Iowa game? We differ in this regard.

8 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Only vested fans and diehards are watching FSU-Louisville game now.  It’s that bad.

It's piss.

2 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Best case scenario for us is for the committee to rank Washington over Michigan. I'd rather face Michigan with a month of prep vs Washington with that much prep.

It was mentioned by the talking heads somewhere too, but a Pac vs B1G in the Rose has a lot of "college football history" value. Dunno if that factors in at all, but it is something to consider.

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]