8-1

ztejas

16 minutes ago, troph said:

This pretty much sums it up. I’ll bitch like a bitch during the game but 8-1 is 8-1. 

15 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Deadshank and I discussed wives over a nice bbq lunch yesterday. We have determined we are all married to the same woman. It’s a hive mind. So do what you got to do, but you will end up in the same spot.

Somehow this gif applies to both of these posts.

key-and-peele-peele.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

So. Anybody have info on Quinn? I’d love to see that guy soon. 

He’s 100 times more healthy than I am after that game.  Get well soon Quinn.  MM is struggling because of inexperience, B12 refs doing their part, and Kstate is a damn good team.  All in all it was a great win.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I don’t know that he’s changed the culture.  I am afraid it might be the same culture with a vastly upgraded roster.  The talent level of the average player on this team is as good as it’s been since at least the Colt years (VY for oline) and yet we’re still trying our damnedest to lose to teams with vastly less talent.  The ugly we saw in this game is no longer an isolated, outlying sample from this team.  It’s happened in multiple games across both QBs.

This team isn’t as good as 04/05 and Jr/Sr Colt years he played like a GoAT.

IMO injuries or lack of depth/talent in the secondary and the OL isn’t all the way there. One more year and should be salty as fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, troph said:

This team isn’t as good as 04/05 and Jr/Sr Colt years he played like a GoAT.

IMO injuries or lack of depth/talent in the secondary and the OL isn’t all the way there. One more year and should be salty as fuck. 

This team with Vince at QB would be closer to the 05 team than the 04 team. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This team with Vince at QB would be closer to the 05 team than the 04 team. 

Secondary and OL are not 05 level that’s my point. Hell the 05 secondary was arguably one of our best ever - top 5 easy.  Not sure the DL is same level either actually though our run D is unreal this year.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Goredho said:

I don’t know that he’s changed the culture.  I am afraid it might be the same culture with a vastly upgraded roster.  The talent level of the average player on this team is as good as it’s been since at least the Colt years (VY for oline) and yet we’re still trying our damnedest to lose to teams with vastly less talent.  The ugly we saw in this game is no longer an isolated, outlying sample from this team.  It’s happened in multiple games across both QBs.

Dude we had BJ Foster quitting on game-losing plays then entering the portal and being welcomed back. Our coach wouldn’t say certain players’ names. He wouldn’t say hi back when some of our star players acknowledged him in the hallways. Mehringer nearly caused a mutiny in a WR room full of good dudes. Guys were portalling out and that was pre-NIL era. The culture is vastly improved. 

Organizational culture is like personality for an individual. It won’t win you every individual game but it will absolutely contribute to positive outcomes in the long run 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Dude we had BJ Foster quitting on game-losing plays then entering the portal and being welcomed back. Our coach wouldn’t say certain players’ names. He wouldn’t say hi back when some of our star players acknowledged him in the hallways. Mehringer nearly caused a mutiny in a WR room full of good dudes. Guys were portalling out and that was pre-NIL eta. The culture is vastly improved. 

Organizational culture is like personality for an individual. That won’t win you every individual game but it will absolutely contribute to positive outcomes in the long run 

You're wasting your breath. 

Sark is by far the best coach we've had since Mack. 

He might be better than anyone else that we've had save DKR. It wouldn't take a lot for me to believe that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It feels like everyone is just going on “eye test” so don’t be surprised if we are stuck at 7 come Tuesday. 

It’s why saying shit like “win and we are in” should only apply to the B12 title game because there’s no way anyone knows if “win and we are in” is applicable to the CFP. SEC, B10, and Florida State are a lock so….who is left?

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

Well, we still have fairly inexplicable execution errors at critical junctures:  penalties, muffed snaps in the red cat, unblocked defenders on out routes, complete OL fail in short field/short yardage situations and so on and so forth.  These things happen in football, but ours seem to have extraordinarily bad timing in many cases.

I think some of Sark's decisions are an attempt to force these guys to execute in key situations so they'll grow from it.  Problem is, they're still fucking it up.

We have a lot of talent, but we're not talented across the board.  Some of the known/predicted weaknesses have been bigger than we thought (or had minimized).

The fact that we have won some of these nutcheckers is evidence, I think, that we're turning a corner psychologically/culturally, but we're not quite there yet.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

/old man over-hand-tosses his walker straight at you, @Goredho/

We don't have players, much less the entire team except our starting QB leave the field before singing The Eyes with THE HOME CROWD. We don't have players who obvious don't give a fuck about winning on the damned starting roster. We're fighting to the last snap, not hanging our heads to stare at our dicks, and winning one-score games (despite extra help this year from the Rig12).

Some of those criteria are fucking pitiful and a scar on our history, but that is exactly where we were 3 years ago.

Fuck off, complaining about culture. I'll go stop drinking in celebration now.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

For the Sark haters, we lose today 100 times out of 100 under post 2009 Mack, Charlie Strong, and Tom Herman. 

Just get Quinn back and keep winning, and we’ll see. 

No Herman and Mack would both been smart enough to take the points and never let 1989 powertowel off the mat.

Does Sark have blackmail photos on some of y'all? It is weird the way you will defend his asinine stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Pancho said:

The thing for me is this—

This is a game we would have 100% lost in the last 13-14 seasons. Sure, I was angry we gave up a 27-7 lead with 4 min left in the 3rd, and you can be angry that Maalik isn’t the best QB right now, but one thing you can’t be mad at is this team doesn’t seem to give up easily. I saw the defense pounding their chest telling everyone to get a stop during K-State’s final drive of regulation. It’s little shit like that that we didn’t see before, at least I don’t think I did. 

Over those years, when we’d fuck up and lose those close ones, and my buddies would be talking about how close we were like it made it ok, I’d always say winners win and losers lose. I still feel the same way, but it’s nice that we are winners now. 

17 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Its nerve wrecking.  Haven't had every possession of the game mean something this late in the year in some time. Feels good to have a winning competitive team. Great teams find ways to win. KSU has always been a tough opponent.  Texas!!! 

I too was nerve wrecked. And nerve-racked.. onto the next one 

young frankenstein eye roll GIF

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pancho said:

It feels like everyone is just going on “eye test” so don’t be surprised if we are stuck at 7 come Tuesday. 

It’s why saying shit like “win and we are in” should only apply to the B12 title game because there’s no way anyone knows if “win and we are in” is applicable to the CFP. SEC, B10, and Florida State are a lock so….who is left?

yeah. need more one-loss teams. Our loss to OU is looking worse now that they've lost.