8-1

ztejas

It is, but damn if I don't feel like this team is 5-4 or some shit. Nine games in and I still I have no idea if we are going to win a game or not. 

I figured that K-State would be close and possibly a loss because... well, look at the past decade. Still, I don't have our team figured out at all. 

They are good but don't put people away?

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Nah this was a disappointing win so our record should actually be 6-3 because of it

I literally just texted someone “weird to be 8-1 when you feel like we‘re actually 6-3 but the record don’t lie”

A win is a win but we’ve been skating on a thin line for 2 of the past three games. We best not sleep on Iowa State in what is likely to be a night game in the freezing cold up there. 

Proud that the guys keep punching and fighting. Basically lost the turnover battle. Sark still doing SOS (same Old Sark shit), Maalik didn’t have a great overall game, lots of ref fuckery and we won a tough game that I posted many times would go to OT/come down to the wire. We escaped with a win and it’s a good thing this game has been hyped up all week long and KState was ranked because it helps with the committee. But the way we fell apart today was scary. Proud of the win as always but we still have TCU (think we will win east like BYU) Iowa State and TT. Iowa State can capitalize on some of the shit that happened today and KState almost did.

A win is a win and it’s great to be 8-1. Hookem 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The thing for me is this—

This is a game we would have 100% lost in the last 13-14 seasons. Sure, I was angry we gave up a 27-7 lead with 4 min left in the 3rd, and you can be angry that Maalik isn’t the best QB right now, but one thing you can’t be mad at is this team doesn’t seem to give up easily. I saw the defense pounding their chest telling everyone to get a stop during K-State’s final drive of regulation. It’s little shit like that that we didn’t see before, at least I don’t think I did. 

We may not make the playoff and we may not win the last B12 title, but damn I think we can say Sark has changed the culture here for the better. 

I like Sark long term. There's minor fuckery here and there, but the foundation looks solid to me. I think in a year or two the offense will be able to execute his system better. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This is a game we would have 100% lost in the last 13-14 seasons. Sure, I was angry we gave up a 27-7 lead with 4 min left in the 3rd, and you can be angry that Maalik isn’t the best QB right now, but one thing you can’t be mad at is this team doesn’t seem to give up easily. I saw the defense pounding their chest telling everyone to get a stop during K-State’s final drive of regulation. It’s little shit like that that we didn’t see before, at least I don’t think I did. 

We may not make the playoff and we may not win the last B12 title, but damn I think we can say Sark has changed the culture here for the better. 

I want to agree with this assessment. No question that recruiting is at a high level. But Sark’s in-game decisions give us all concern. 

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yep. Good shit. Love it. 

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don’t know. K state was a missed XP away from winning in regulation. If Will Howard just looks to his right on 3rd down in OT he had a wide open receiver at the goal line. But as they say “if my grandma had wheels she’d have been a bike”. I think we ran into a team with a worse coaching staff and a uniquely shitty QB and we were good enough to make it catch up to them. We used to not be. 

• Fuck You 1

I'd rather win ugly than lose.

To be honest, the team's problems are right where we thought they would be: Young QBs and OL making mental errors, and a slow and shallow secondary that's vulnerable when we don't pressure the QB. Only OU has been fortunate enough to win when all three of those are at their worst. RBs have been better than most expected (but not me... knew Brooks was a stud).

My biggest complaint is that things fell off the most in the one game where they shouldn't have. My second-biggest is take the fucking points, kick the damn FG!

• Hook 'Em 4

26 minutes ago, Pancho said:

22 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I like Sark long term. There's minor fuckery here and there, but the foundation looks solid to me. I think in a year or two the offense will be able to execute his system better. 

21 minutes ago, texastroubadour said:

I want to agree with this assessment. No question that recruiting is at a high level. But Sark’s in-game decisions give us all concern. 

This pretty much sums it up. I’ll bitch like a bitch during the game but 8-1 is 8-1. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I'm gonna check in on your Brazilian wife first, then I'll make sure you're alright....maybe 

Deadshank and I discussed wives over a nice bbq lunch yesterday. We have determined we are all married to the same woman. It’s a hive mind. So do what you got to do, but you will end up in the same spot.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, texastroubadour said:

That's a totally fair statement. 

I wonder, however, with respect to these in-game decisions - how different they may look when he has a team that is fully recruited by him and has had the benefit of his sustained coaching?  I'm thinking & hoping that we'll see some very positive variation peak Alabama type of performance that occurred during his tenure there.  My mental & heart health surely hopes so:)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BRLA said:

That's a totally fair statement. 

I wonder, however, with respect to these in-game decisions - how different they may look when he has a team that is fully recruited by him and has had the benefit of his sustained coaching?  I'm thinking & hoping that we'll see some very positive variation peak Alabama type of performance that occurred during his tenure there.  My mental & heart health surely hopes so:)

Maybe but you still take the points when a FG adds another drive required for your opponent to tie or take the lead. This is especially true in the second half with how the new clock rules impact the last 6 minutes.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, troph said:

Maybe but you still take the points when a FG adds another drive required for your opponent to tie or take the lead. This is especially true in the second half with how the new clock rules impact the last 6 minutes.

If we were up by 6 instead of 3, they probably punch it in for the win in regulation.  

Maybe joking?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don’t know that he’s changed the culture.  I am afraid it might be the same culture with a vastly upgraded roster.  The talent level of the average player on this team is as good as it’s been since at least the Colt years (VY for oline) and yet we’re still trying our damnedest to lose to teams with vastly less talent.  The ugly we saw in this game is no longer an isolated, outlying sample from this team.  It’s happened in multiple games across both QBs.