Coach Sark Press Conference 11.27 - 11:30am LHN (at least that's whats listed)

BigOrange1

Texas annihilates Texas Tech to a tune of 57-7 and turns their sites to a final Big 12 Championship game.

Texas running back Keilan Robinson (7) runs the ball in for the first touchdown of the game past Texas Tech defensive back C.J. Baskerville (9) during the first quarter of the Longhorns' game against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin.

Texas running back Jaydon Blue runs the ball in to score a touchdown in the second quarter of the Longhorns' game against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin.

Texas Longhorns wide receiver Xavier Worthy (1) celebrates a touchdown during the game against Texas Tech at Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium on Friday, Nov. 24, 2023.

Texas Longhorns linebacker Brady Sarkisian (32) celebrates a play during the game against Texas Tech at Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium on Friday, Nov. 24, 2023.

Texas Longhorns defensive lineman T'Vondre Sweat (93) and Texas Longhorns defensive lineman Byron Murphy II (90) celebrate a play during the game against Texas Tech at Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium on Friday, Nov. 24, 2023.

Texas linebacker Anthony Hill Jr. (0) and Texas defensive end Ethan Burke (91) tackle Texas Tech quarterback Behren Morton (2) in the second quarter of the Longhorns' game against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin.

Texas linebacker Anthony Hill Jr. (0) and Texas defensive end Ethan Burke (91) tackle Texas Tech quarterback Behren Morton (2) in the second quarter of the Longhorns' game against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin.

Texas linebacker Jett Bush (43) runs the ball in for a touchdown after picking it up in the third quarter of the Longhorns' game against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin.

Teammates congratulate Texas Longhorns linebacker Jett Bush (43) after he scored a touchdown during the game against Texas Tech at Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium on Friday, Nov. 24, 2023.

Texas Head Coach Steve Sarkisian sings "The Eyes of Texas" with the team after the Longhorns' game against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin.

Next up, Texas attempts to end it's time in the Big 12 the same way it started it - as champions of the conference.  One last battle with Oklahoma State, this time in Arlington.  11:00am on ABC.

OSU Spirit Squad Participates in PhilanthroPete! - Oklahoma State  University Athletics

Top Past Projects | Fall 2022 - Support for the Spirit Squads of Oklahoma  State

Pin by Lilly Scroggins on Osu cheer | Oklahoma state university,  Cheerleading, Oklahoma state

Cheerleader During Football Game Between Mcneese Editorial Stock Photo -  Stock Image | Shutterstock Oklahoma State University | College cheerleading, Cheerleading dance,  Cheerleading photos

Team Spotlight: OSU Pom Squad's Classy & Athletic Cheer Uniforms

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, blutow said:

Everything comes across better when you are winning, but Sark really seems to hitting his stride in these press conferences.  Just comes across as genuine and seems to be pulling all the right levers for the program.   

And just the right amount of salt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

Texas annihilates Texas Tech to a tune of 57-7 and turns their sites to a final Big 12 Championship game.

Texas running back Keilan Robinson (7) runs the ball in for the first touchdown of the game past Texas Tech defensive back C.J. Baskerville (9) during the first quarter of the Longhorns' game against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin.

Texas running back Jaydon Blue runs the ball in to score a touchdown in the second quarter of the Longhorns' game against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin.

Texas Longhorns wide receiver Xavier Worthy (1) celebrates a touchdown during the game against Texas Tech at Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium on Friday, Nov. 24, 2023.

Texas Longhorns linebacker Brady Sarkisian (32) celebrates a play during the game against Texas Tech at Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium on Friday, Nov. 24, 2023.

Texas Longhorns defensive lineman T'Vondre Sweat (93) and Texas Longhorns defensive lineman Byron Murphy II (90) celebrate a play during the game against Texas Tech at Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium on Friday, Nov. 24, 2023.

Texas linebacker Jett Bush (43) runs the ball in for a touchdown after picking it up in the third quarter of the Longhorns' game against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin.

Teammates congratulate Texas Longhorns linebacker Jett Bush (43) after he scored a touchdown during the game against Texas Tech at Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium on Friday, Nov. 24, 2023.

Texas Head Coach Steve Sarkisian sings "The Eyes of Texas" with the team after the Longhorns' game against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023 at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin.

Next up, Texas attempts to end it's time in the Big 12 the same way it started it - as champions of the conference.  One last battle with Oklahoma State, this time in Arlington.  11:00am on ABC.

OSU Spirit Squad Participates in PhilanthroPete! - Oklahoma State  University Athletics

Top Past Projects | Fall 2022 - Support for the Spirit Squads of Oklahoma  State

Pin by Lilly Scroggins on Osu cheer | Oklahoma state university,  Cheerleading, Oklahoma state

Cheerleader During Football Game Between Mcneese Editorial Stock Photo -  Stock Image | Shutterstock Oklahoma State University | College cheerleading, Cheerleading dance,  Cheerleading photos

Team Spotlight: OSU Pom Squad's Classy & Athletic Cheer Uniforms

*sights

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Sark is just money in these things. Really thoughtful guy. We are kinda lucky.....

I really do like him, and I want to root for him even besides the benefit of us winning football games.

So I've got to keep that in check when talking about him and projecting where the team will be; if you want something to be true, it's easy to fool yourself into thinking that it is true.

We're still a flawed team. IF we win the Big XII CG (it really comes down to how well each team's QB protects the ball), IF we get into the playoffs, I don't expect us to win. Ewers still makes some poor decisions and has pretty bad pocket awareness, and our secondary remains vulnerable to the level of passing attacks we'll see at that level.

8 minutes ago, Gaius Julius Bevo said:

He's articulate and answers the questions posed to him without intentional evasion.  Seems like a smart genuine leader - I have to think the players love to play for Sark.

I'll be the first to admit that I was not high on the Sark hire, but I've come around to being a really big fan in a large part due to the above. 

Texas is definitely the beneficiary of whatever epiphany he went through to conquer the demons that drove him to drink.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

We're still a flawed team. IF we win the Big XII CG (it really comes down to how well each team's QB protects the ball), IF we get into the playoffs, I don't expect us to win. Ewers still makes some poor decisions and has pretty bad pocket awareness, and our secondary remains vulnerable to the level of passing attacks we'll see at that level.

I mostly agree with you.  I do think a focused Texas team should be able to handle Okie Lite, but I don't expect it to be a perfect game.    If the scheme and execution is on the same level it was against Tech and ISU, we should win.   Our defense is good enough to keep us in any game out there, but the offense would need to click perfectly twice in a row for us to win two playoff games.   

• Hook 'Em 1

I'll be the first to admit that I was not high on the Sark hire, but I've come around to being a really big fan in a large part due to the above. 
Texas is definitely the beneficiary of whatever epiphany he went through to conquer the demons that drove him to drink.
Same here, wasnt thrilled about the hire and the way things went year one didn't help that at all. He's steadily improved the team and so far met the most optimistic expectations this year, exceeded mine.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

We're still a flawed team.

Pretty much all college football teams have flaws and there have been plenty of very flawed teams with national championships.  That's the beauty of college football.  A bunch of 18-22 year old guys are always going to make things a bit unpredictable.  If we get into the playoffs, this team could absolutely get it done.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1