BIG 12 CHAMPS - ADIOS MOFOS!

Pancho

58 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

OSU is a bad team. Like, I was under no illusion they were actually the 18th best team in CFB but my god. How did this group beat OU, Kansas, and K State? Texas was half assing for pretty much the whole second half and it was still non competitive. Yikes.

Leaving starters in up 42-14 was irresponsible and it is tragic that Xavier Worthy’s last play at Texas was very possibly getting injured throwing the ball up 42-14. C’mon Sark.

That's two bad hot takes there. I didn't see the team half-assing - I saw the coaches slow the game down. Not that I agree with them.

And it's funny you'd bitch about players half-assing it and then complain that we aren't pulling starters. Which is it?

• Haha 1

I have no issue with that. 
And you know this for sure? He has 30 days to recover for a post-season game.

Cross posting from the Worthy thread - I’ll be honest I overacted in the moment seeing him in a boot and on crutches. Depending on the severity of the sprain (assuming that’s what it is given Sark said x rays are negative) I would think he could play in a playoff game. Maybe limited but hopefully not too much. He obviously won’t play a non CFP bowl but he wouldn’t have without an injury anyway.

The general sentiment stands. Just unnecessary. OSU had quit and you know those young backups would bring the juice against a tapped out OSU. Irresponsible and potentially hurts in a playoff game. Even if Worthy can ultimately play that doesn’t mean the unnecessary risk wasn’t there.

I don’t really want to harp too much on this though. Bottom line I jumped the gun I’ll leave it at that. Texas just closed on a legacy season and may have more to come. Victory beers.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Thank you Sark for turning us around. Loved the hire from the start and never doubted despite going 5-7 his first year 

I'll straight up eat Crow. I was baffled and kinda pissed just because of his last issues. The 5-7 season was whatever, but then getting us to 8-5 he still had that gotta throw deep to X every other play pissed me off, but hearing him say this feels like his team, I was like OK, let's see. Then we beat Bama and I was happy, but not satisfied. Lost to ou and was pissed but still improvement. Then we got some luck and now I believe. I finally came around once we reached 10 wins. We're 12-1 with a good chance to make the CFP, we beat every fuck on the schedule that we'll never see again, and we won the conference. He did this from the ground up by recruiting and using the portal in the right way. Incredible. 

I'll be real, if we have to go to a NY6 bowl to face.pissibly Tulame, I'll be pissed rhat we were passed up by 2 teams that didn't deserve it because of either their weak ass schedule, or the committee is a joke (which they are). 

I never thought I would be ungrateful for "just" a NY6 bowl. It'll sting because this team is better than that. It'll feel just like how Georgia felt in 2018 when they lost to us. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, ousux said:

Question is...does CCG mvp change Quinn's decision on coming back next year? The list of quality QB's (or perceived quality) coming out this year hasn't gotten shorter.

I had that thought too, but the fact that Thamel (the Ewers family's personal mouthpiece) tweeted this morning about him likely returning, I'd be surprised if today's outcome changes that. 

What a season! I was part of the group labled a "kool-aid drinker" for believing we would we 10+ games. Well, here we are mother fuckers! Expectations met and exceeded. In honor of that achievement.

Calling all Surly assholes still on the sidelines to pony up and help get this train rolling!

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 15-45-43 DONATE ONE-TIME Texas One Fund.png

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

That's two bad hot takes there. I didn't see the team half-assing - I saw the coaches slow the game down. Not that I agree with them.
And it's funny you'd bitch about players half-assing it and then complain that we aren't pulling starters. Which is it?

I don’t mean half assing as a derogatory term. The effort was great as long as it needed to be. The players and coaches clearly knew the game was won against an overwhelmed opponent and acted accordingly, including some shots at running up the score for perceived playoff benefit. I mean that Texas was obviously not concerned with OSU making anything of the game and OSU proved them right. They are ass.

As to your second point, read your post again, it doesn’t at make sense. Those aren’t in conflict. You pull the starters because you are up a million, energy is naturally lower, and there is no sense risking an injury. Playing backups up 42-14 mitigates injury risk and frankly energized second stringers are still plenty capable of putting up style points against a broken opponent as was observed as recently as a week ago.

• immamac unpinned this topic