Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

XPB-1257024-Hi-Res.png

0dcq53r.jpeg

That sidepod inlet design is very interesting ... My take on it is that they've turned the inlet upward to face the sky rather than opening directly forward, and the shape of that small front piece of the inlet can vary for different conditions/needs.

2bugJNj.jpeg

y2sTvht.jpeg

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

Something else I noticed is that the Merc rear suspension this year has a very flat pushrod arm compared to what other pushrod rear cars had last year (Red Bull, McLaren, etc.).

06df978ef7b2c8e0b9b3816e14b72f00.png

That is a very aggressive geometry there. Probably for aero reasons. Hope it works well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

COTA's moving grandstands around again. T2 to T13, T6 back to T19. Just watch, they'll say they've added those grandstands when they're really just moving them, like they did when they moved that grandstand to T6 in 2022. T6 GS crowd was weak, and T2 has always been a terrible place for a grandstand. Hard to believe anyone ever bought seats there. Starting prices are listed for each grandstand.

prci6tal09ic1.jpeg?width=960&crop=smart&

Edited by wood

Man, the liveries/designs just make me feel like this season is just going to be a repeat.

Apart from the green Bottas (I don't even know what that team is calling itself), everything just kinda looks like a repeat of last year like the teams are sticking with the status quo.

15 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Man, the liveries/designs just make me feel like this season is just going to be a repeat.

Apart from the green Bottas (I don't even know what that team is calling itself), everything just kinda looks like a repeat of last year like the teams are sticking with the status quo.

Well the AlphaTauri/Visa Cash App car is pretty different, and in a good way, but yeah most teams aren't shaking it up.  I expect the RBR to look basically the same, so I guess the only remaining question is, will the Silver Arrows be black this year, or not?

I like fun, interesting, and diverse sets of livery.  The sport is also a show and that's an important part of it.

Sure, I would trade being stuck with 20 all-exposed-carbon-fiber cars for more competition for 1st place, but that's a different discussion for me.

3 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I saw something that said they'd be alternating from race to race, between Stake F1 Team and Kick F1 Team. No shit. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Maranello Red: "We Are Checking"

Following the surprise debut record by Maranello Red ("Plan C, Plus Five"), the duo is back with their sophomore album titled "We Are Checking." In what promises to be their last recording before a planned breakup in 2025, the electronica duo of Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz pour their souls into the 12-track list. Starting with the first track ("Why Am I So Unlucky?") the powerful album oozes with the frustrations that come inherent to being a top team that just can't seem to get anything right. The melancholic "Pole Means Nothing" is especially heart-wrenching making you feel as though you are in the car as another botched pitstop brings you out behind the leader. If you're a fan of Red's debut album that was full of hope with poppy beats, this is a marked change but a story that needs to be told -- and heard -- nonetheless.

Interesting video here, quickly reviewing some features of the AMR24. Especially interesting imho was the bit about the 'split lines' on the ramps that were causing fllow detachment issues last year. Now the entire sidepod is one piece, to eliminate the split lines.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Since BAT is so heavily involved with McLaren these days, here's a throwback to BAR. 

BAR_002_Honda_Collection_Hall.jpg

What a beautiful car.

I think the complaining about the lack of color is overblown. Stake, McLaren, Ferrari, VisaCashAppRedBullWellsFargoIntuitTurboTax, and Aston Martin all have plenty of color. 

Just now, elfenix said:

you're talking about the MP4/5 back there, right?

It's definitely MORE beautiful (the most beautifulest many would say).

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I think the complaining about the lack of color is overblown. Stake, McLaren, Ferrari, VisaCashAppRedBullWellsFargoIntuitTurboTax, and Aston Martin all have plenty of color. 

Agreed. The "we're not going to be able to tell the cars apart" meme is a little absurd. 

• Hook 'Em 1