Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

8 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

My teams have been knocking down some doors lately.  It all started with 2022:

• UT women's volleyball national title in 2022
  • Texas Rangers World Series in 2023
  • UT football Big 12 title in 2023
  • UT women's volleyball national title in 2023

Let the good times continue in New Orleans in a couple of weeks.

john-goodman-let-the-good-times-roll.gif

Rep for the reference to a great 1980s song and music video.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, troph said:

He’s 100% coach of the year. It’s not really even debatable. 

Saw a stat today that this is his 3rd 20+ game winning streak.  And he's only coached like 110 games.  Dude is 78-4 after his 1st year at any school, with 3 of those losses coming from 9-3 2nd year at Fresno State.  Mind is blown. 

5 minutes ago, Huskyfan1997 said:

Saw a stat today that this is his 3rd 20+ game winning streak.  And he's only coached like 110 games.  Dude is 78-4 after his 1st year at any school, with 3 of those losses coming from 9-3 2nd year at Fresno State.  Mind is blown. 

yeah, not really sure what that's about but he's got something. if WA won't throw real money at him AND the program, he's gotta leave not that he would want to and not that WA has to let it happen either.

40 minutes ago, troph said:

yeah, not really sure what that's about but he's got something. if WA won't throw real money at him AND the program, he's gotta leave not that he would want to and not that WA has to let it happen either.

ngl, I secretly wish that Pete Carroll and Deboer switch jobs.  UW would be getting one of the greatest college coaches and recruiters ever.  And the Seahawks ... well who knows.  But the dude has killed it at every level.  Why not the NFL. 

42 minutes ago, Huskyfan1997 said:

ngl, I secretly wish that Pete Carroll and Deboer switch jobs.  UW would be getting one of the greatest college coaches and recruiters ever.  And the Seahawks ... well who knows.  But the dude has killed it at every level.  Why not the NFL. 

So we could say you have a Freaky Friday Football Fantasy. Or perhaps a fetish?

1 hour ago, Huskyfan1997 said:

You know that Pete Carroll is like 150 years old right. 

9 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Random thought as I observed the traditional silver Nike swoosh for CFP games.... Is Washington the first ever Adidas school to make the CFP? And can we expect an altered jersey?

You know its a slow time when sewing videos make it onto the football board....

On 12/18/2023 at 12:34 PM, immamac said:

what I meant by fragile is their win condition I should have clarified/chosen a better word. Their win condition is they have to have explosive plays and great games through the air to win. If you get them off their win condition they are pretty doomed.

Texas has all kinds of win conditions, they are a team that finds ways to win, or shuts the door on teams from having a win condition. The exception was OU which was and still is an inexplicable breakdown of epic proportions.

Easy. I can explain. A minute left in the game. Rush 3 and play “prevent” defense. which prevents nothing!  You see it every week in college AND the pros. How’d Bama beat Auburn? Never rush 3 for more than a play to confuse the QB. 8 DBs means nobody actually covers anyone. 

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Huskyfan1997 said:

What are you talking about!? You really don’t know college football if you want to give up a coach who has gone 24-2 in two years for a 73 year old coach who hasn’t coached in college since he was in his late 50s.

Your other posts are absurdly glass half empty and full of pandering to these UT fans who don’t know better. I get strong bandwagon Seahawks fan vibes from you. Sounds like you are now hopping on the Husky bandwagon after you probably thought they would lose all year and not make the CFP. Please stop embarrassing yourself and UW. And please don’t come to NOLA, but given your confidence, I don’t think you will be there.

Edited by JLake
  • Fuck You 13
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

17 minutes ago, JLake said:

What are you talking about!? You really don’t know college football if you want to give up a coach who has gone 24-2 in two years for a 73 year old coach who hasn’t coached in college since he was in his late 50s.

Your other posts are absurdly glass half empty and full of pandering to these UT fans who don’t know better. I get strong bandwagon Seahawks fan vibes from you. Sounds like you are now hopping on the Husky bandwagon after you probably thought they would lose all year and not make the CFP. Please stop embarrassing yourself and UW. And please don’t come to NOLA, but given your confidence, I don’t think you will be there.

You seem like an asshole that would be super fun at parties. The bandwagon accusations are very aggy.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, JLake said:

Selfishly, I want Deboer to be a Husky for life.  But I can't help but think he's a rocket ship to reaching uncharted territory in terms of head coaching accomplishments.  Show me another guy that matches his track record at every level.  If he wants to take it to the highest level, I want to see that too honestly.  

Call me whatever you want if that's what makes you feel good.  

I will wholeheartedly admit that seeing your comments and responses on an 'enemy' message board are borderline masterclass.  You state opinions and back it up with sound reasoning/facts, and are very succinct about it all.  Every time they tried to troll you, you had a perfect response, imo.   

So I will gladly get out of your way and let you handle these guys.  

6 hours ago, Dignan said:

I'll be honest...the ONLY team I was "scared" of playing was Washington. They throw it a ton and we suck at defending the pass. Our DBs better step it up and our pass rush needs to be on point. I know nothing about their defense.

Yes. If we get past them I feel real good about our chances against Alabama or Michigan. But I am definitely concerned about this one. Our defense better be ready, this is the best offense we have faced since OU.

2 hours ago, JLake said:

Pete Carroll will be in Seattle longer than Deboer. I can understand why this is upsetting, but this is what happens when you root for a mid tier program and employ a commodity. One year of playing teams with real resources in the Big Ten and he’ll see the glass ceiling the same way Sark did. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, JLake said:

Eh shut the fuck up. Our own Mitch and Dahobbs went over to your board super respectful and deferential trying to have a real convo and got trolled. Good for y’all. You win the troll awards. you can be proud, I’m sure the trophy is nice.

You wanna have some conversation and learn something about the other team? you sometimes have to be deferential. I don’t give a fuck if he or you think Washington is gonna wreck shit up, I assume that’s what both of your really think. It’s fine. Cool.

I don’t give a fuck if you think we are all homos. Whateves. homos have all the fun and we are way more interesting than you straight fucks. it’s not the insult you think it is. But all of that aside you’re no different than an annoying 14 year old.  

But you want to know what I want to know? I just want to know who the fuck besides Trice should we worry about while we are throat punching your defense. Can you just stop the bullshit troll nonsense and answer me that one simple fucking question with some data and stats or real insight ?  

pretty please mother fucker?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ll admit. We just finished watching pulp fiction like 30 mins ago. I’m feeling a little bit of the Wolf, Jules pre-divine intervention, and maybe a few others. Not quite Samurai sword Butch or Marcellus with a shot gun though.

Edited by troph
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ITHorn said:

Pete Carroll will be in Seattle longer than Deboer. I can understand why this is upsetting, but this is what happens when you root for a mid tier program and employ a commodity. One year of playing teams with real resources in the Big Ten and he’ll see the glass ceiling the same way Sark did. 

DeBoer going to USC after Riley leaves for the NFL. 

• Haha 1

I’ll admit. We just finished watching pulp fiction like 30 mins ago. I’m feeling a little bit of the Wolf, Jules pre-divine intervention, and maybe a few others. Not quite Samurai sword Butch or Marcellus with a shot gun though.
Damn, just reminded me I'm running out of time. Pulp Fiction is one of my once a year movies I have stashed on an SSD. 2001 a Space Odyssey, The Fifth Element, Blade Runner directors cut and Apocalypse Now are in there as well but already watched.

8 hours ago, ousux said:
9 hours ago, troph said:

Damn, just reminded me I'm running out of time. Pulp Fiction is one of my once a year movies I have stashed on an SSD. 2001 a Space Odyssey, The Fifth Element, Blade Runner directors cut and Apocalypse Now are in there as well but already watched.

My Xmas movie list (in part because kids) is Die Hard, True Grit, Men in Black, Mission Impossible I, Bourne Identity, and I’m missing one. Threw out Love Actually about 8 years ago when I broke up with my ex, that’s an AWFUL movie if you’ve suffered heart break. Those are not necessarily my favorite movies just ones we often watch with the Xmas downtime. 

Edited by troph

A freaking month is too damn long for round 1.  They should be playing these games with the early bowl games.

There is no fan momentum and I am almost at the point of not giving a shit even though this layoff probably helps Texas more than Washington.

I really hope they have a better schedule for the 12 team playoff.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, El Squared said:

Lots of hypothetical matchup discussion, as expected, which only infrequently pans out,....lots of this and that.

HOWEVER, there is a force, a factor, that is difficult to counter, not impossible, but extremely difficult:

STORMTROOPER ICY WHITES!

Put THAT in your bong, and smoke it!

image.png.195b1e92e685c6812486a0fea72dee28.png

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

A freaking month is too damn long for round 1.  They should be playing these games with the early bowl games.

There is no fan momentum and I am almost at the point of not giving a shit even though this layoff probably helps Texas more than Washington.

I can't imagine a scenerio where the play offs don't start after finals so we would be in a 2 weeks off then two weeks of games for round 1 and round 2, then probably a christmas break and then the same schedule Jan 1/Jan 8 for the semis and finals. but that's my guess they aren't asking me.  either way, depth is going to end up being a critical factor in who wins it all.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

They've played bowl games on NYD for 120 years now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic