2023 NCAAVB Championship: #2 Texas vs #1 Nebraska; 2pm ABC (Dec 17)

Js1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Space bun was salty as hell that whole presser. She wasn’t just sad, she was spiteful. Hopefully they do carry that feeling of failure all offseason, come back motivated in 2024, and still come up short of the championship. Hopefully at the hands of Texas 3 peating

We should go get Olivia Babcock and ramp up Corn's anxiety a few kernels. 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Harper Murray is such a shit talker. Think she told Molly “fuck you” after a block in the 2nd set. And yet O’Neal got a yellow card 

It’s beyond satisfying to out class those fuckstains on and off the court. Fuck em. I forgot how much I hate Nebraska. I need to go to the hate thread and confess. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Not sure why Harper Murray is running her mouth when the loss today was almost entirely on her. Serve-receive was atrocious the entire match. 

Just shut the fuck up and prove it on the court next year. 

That’s why it’s so funny. Girl you got aced like 10 times. Including on championship point. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I do believe that surly little space bun said "fuck yeah" after the next three.

I get that that is not a fun presser, and I guess it's a further show of immaturity, but Murray and Allck do not acquit themselves well in that.

Can’t quite make it all out, but in set 1 when Skinner was talking to the official after the net violation call on Wenaas, she clearly says something about ”number five” (Allck) and “…watch her mouth”.

Can’t take no shit don’t talk no shit

(57:56 on vid below)

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, troph said:

It’s beyond satisfying to out class those fuckstains on and off the court. Fuck em. I forgot how much I hate Nebraska. I need to go to the hate thread and confess. 

I think that was the biggest ass-kicking Texas has ever administered to Nebraska in any sport.  That was a rip-your-heart-out-and-shit-in-your-chest beatdown.

So. Fucking. Glorious.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Harper Murray also said at the postgame PC that Nebraska is going to win the next 3 titles

Deny Nba Playoffs GIF by NBA

Here’s the clip.  

I really hate Nebraska volleyball.  All of these people thought this match was a foregone conclusion.  And they had to stay and watch their team get dominated.  I hope that Harper Murray never wins a national title.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Best part is when one player says they'll win the next 3 you can here the other say through rageful tears, "fuck yeah!".

It will be fun to see a rematch with those girls in the next few years. They will bring their A-game next time.

How you act after a big loss is a good indication of whether you have a winning character.  I wasn't impressed with the character those 2 Nebraska freshman showed in the presser.  And I wasn't impressed with some of the coach's comments either, not exactly setting a great example for his team.  The gals get a bit of a pass for being freshman and having a mic stuck in their face after being humiliated on a big stage, but clearly they have some growing up to do.  

That Nebraska team has talent for sure, will be interesting to see how they respond.  The future is bright for Texas as well.  I think we're only seeing a glimpse of what Swindle is capable of and Texas can always get the big powerful hitters.  

• Hook 'Em 6

I went back and listened to their presser - other than the coaches comments at the very end about Texas being a team of only transfer mercenaries which isn’t true - I thought they were fine actually. The win 3 in a row was youthful silliness. The O’Neal comment about international play was a compliment imo. Their coach basically said Texas rolled them with the hardest serve game they’ve faced all year. He admitted he was helpless. The kids were sad and want to win. I hate the huskers but this press conference was ok in my view.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, blutow said:

How you act after a big loss is a good indication of whether you have a winning character

When we lost in the title match in 2020, Logan said, through tears, Texas would be back and would win it the next year. I mean, we didn’t, it took an extra year. But it wasn’t cocky like Murray. That’s her MO, she’s known to be that kind of player. 

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, troph said:

I went back and listened to their presser - other than the coaches comments at the very end about Texas being a team of only transfer mercenaries which isn’t true - I thought they were fine actually. The win 3 in a row was youthful silliness. The O’Neal comment about international play was a compliment imo. Their coach basically said Texas rolled them with the hardest serve game they’ve faced all year. He admitted he was helpless. The kids were sad and want to win. I hate the huskers but this press conference was ok in my view.

I hated his comment about how Tenn shouldve beaten us. Pretty low class if you ask me. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I think that was the biggest ass-kicking Texas has ever administered to Nebraska in any sport.  That was a rip-your-heart-out-and-shit-in-your-chest beatdown.

So. Fucking. Glorious.

It was the most dominant performance in a championship setting I’ve ever witnessed. Won 6 out of 7 sets most in convincing fashion with Air Skinner owning the court.

• Hook 'Em 2

Also whoever is scouting serve receive deserves a raise after the last 2 matches. No idea if that’s Elliot himself, Hunt, Le Roux or Sullivan.  Elliot seems to be much more involved in telling our servers what zone to serve to. I don’t recall him doing that much in the past, which means Texas has detailed scouting on opponent serve receive. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I hated his comment about how Tenn shouldve beaten us. Pretty low class if you ask me. 

He said it’s happened to them too - win with their backs against the wall. He is right. Tenn had it, in essence they should have won. It was the context that he explained after that Texas was invincible. It was harmless imo. 

2 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

My old roommate, a former Husker still hasn't texted me back from when I complimented his team after they lost.
We were both watching at the same time.  He stopped responding to me after the first set.  hahah

Well I got my PhD at Nebraska and I’m on their alum email and a few Husker accounts follow me on social media. I’ve been debating spamming the fuck out of them these last few hours.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, KingBobo81 said:

Buddy of mine in Tampa for the final saw the Nebraska social media team making their national championship content this morning. 

Nebraska social media has been extremely quiet since the match ended.  Unfortunately for them, their coach let a couple of their shit talkers attend the post match press conference.  Their butthurt remarks are being widely distributed.  Not a good look for the school with "the most gracious fans in the world." 

• Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Here’s the clip.  

Who is that "journalist" auditioning for next year's preseason hype video?

Also, I like the idea of Nebraska really really really wanting revenge* next year.

Spoiler

*1 second

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Makes me think Alabama is gonna roll Michigan in the Rose Bowl.  Michigan folks are pissed that FSU didn’t get in because they don’t want any part of Bama.  Just like Cook didn’t want to see us.  After we rolled through Tree and Wisky, I think he knew his youngsters were no match for us.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, troph said:

Yeah, Cook is just kind of an even-keeled, kind of surly asshole.  When he's winning, it comes off as smug.  When he loses, it comes off as not giving the opponent their due, despite what he actually says.

His sideline demeanor is much the same way.

It's just the way he is.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Oh yeah? 

Or.... maybe we beat them by three sets...

Oh yeah, this reminds me of my reply last night to RickyLovesWeed talking about how we need to keep it close ...

On 12/16/2023 at 12:29 AM, wood said:

Or just blow 'em out like we did to Wisky.

• Hook 'Em 2