Operation Prosperity Guardian: The Red Sea Cruise 2023-? But wait there's more! Iran + proxies, FAFO

atomheartbevo

I’m pretty sure the B1’s headed that way this time last week. 317th AW and 7th BW personnel began mobilizing early last week.

What I just saw says we flew B1’s direct from here.

Interesting because a few weeks ago a B1 from Ellsworth crashed while trying to land in poor weather. Then, last week someone I know that is close with the 317th AW/ 7th BW alluded to being on the move, and has subsequently went dark on all social media platforms. Almost simultaneously, a group of B1’s from Ellsworth showed up at Dyess to begin dissecting and “learning” from the crash earlier this month. Mom and dad live in a flight path that routinely has C-130’s and B1’s flying overhead during the day, but for the last week there has been a lot of activity at night/early morning.

This could all be coincidence, but it’s very odd.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Dude needs to learn to film dammit..

I appreciate the courtesy of turning his phone sideways, as it should always be done (fuck verticle video!), but unfortunately, he didn't have the forethought before starting to film. And to be honest, I think I'd probably be a little freaked out too if all that shit was going on in front of me, so I'll give him a pass...this time.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I appreciate the courtesy of turning his phone sideways, as it should always be done (fuck verticle video!), but unfortunately, he didn't have the forethought before starting to film. And to be honest, I think I'd probably be a little freaked out too if all that shit was going on in front of me, so I'll give him a pass...this time.

Nope No Way Cat GIF

• Haha 3

I am curious where the A-10's are based in the region (Incirlik?), because there is no way they are flying those beasts back & forth like they can do with the Bone.

Let me CR this up a little; I would love to see some A-10's helping push back the Ruskies in Ukraine; problem is it would have to be US forces because we ain't sharing that airborne anti-tank, anti-personnel platform.

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

I am curious where the A-10's are based in the region (Incirlik?), because there is no way they are flying those beasts back & forth like they can do with the Bone.

Let me CR this up a little; I would love to see some A-10's helping push back the Ruskies in Ukraine; problem is it would have to be US forces because we ain't sharing that airborne anti-tank, anti-personnel platform.

Probably in Qatar or UAE.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

A crop duster pilot flying an A-10 would be some Leroy Jenkins shit for the ages.

When I worked at the FBO in Clifton we had a crop duster buddy that operated out of the airport. He had a biplane Agcat. His son always wanted to go up with him, but it was a single seater. So what did he do? He strapped his kid to the wing strut and took him for a ride. They are some crazy motherfuckers.

CHIEF

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And we deployed them in October.  The Air Force put out some handy photos to remind everybody what they can carry.  

https://www.twz.com/a-10s-brandish-intriguing-mix-of-weapons-in-middle-east#

Details matter! I not usually a fan of using the media for specific threats from our military but imma make an exception in this case.

hydra-warhead-graphic.jpg.feb258ed0a15f66921fddd98771e0fcd.jpg

Yous bout to get suma dis. Check yoself.

Edit - Multipurpose Penetrator would make a great band name.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1

Iran is kind of a tricky situation. The younger generation loves Western ideology and Western values. They are itching for a regime change, many are Christian. US Intelligence should identify, train, and somehow arm the opposition for a coup. Equip a force in Iraq and let them reenter Iran. Make things so bad at home that the regime doesn't have time to mess in other countries affairs.

CHIEF

34 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Iran is kind of a tricky situation. The younger generation loves Western ideology and Western values. They are itching for a regime change, many are Christian. US Intelligence should identify, train, and somehow arm the opposition for a coup. Equip a force in Iraq and let them reenter Iran. Make things so bad at home that the regime doesn't have time to mess in other countries affairs.

CHIEF

great if it works, but it rarely works like it is planned - I would file that as a recipe for disaster
after our fuckery with the Shah, I think someone else has to front the change - UK, France, etc, and make sure it isn't a China operation, or Putin

• Hook 'Em 3

US and UK hit Houthi sites today

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/03/politics/strikes-us-uk-houthi-yemen/index.html

The US and the United Kingdom have conducted strikes on Houthi targets in Yemen from air and surface platforms — including F/A-18s — on at least 30 targets across at least 10 locations, according to officials. The targets include command and control, an underground weapons storage facility, as well as other weapons used by the Iranian-backed rebels to target international shipping lanes, one official said.

The strikes on the targets come one day after US strikes in Syria and Iraq in retaliation for a drone attack in Jordan last month that killed three US troops. Separately, US Central Command said it struck six Houthi cruise missiles in Yemen on Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-02-03-24/index.html

Recent strikes by the US military in the Middle East make it difficult to reach a political solution in the region, Iran's foreign minister told the United Nations' special envoy for Yemen on Saturday, according to Iran's state-run news agency.

During their meeting in Tehran, Amir-Abdollahian told Special Envoy Hans Grundberg that the US strikes and its decision to designate the Houthis as a terrorist organization have "complicated the situation and made it more difficult to reach a political solution," the state news agency, IRNA, reported. 

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Proportional response and deterrence seem to be mutually exclusive at this point. It's getting to the point where, constitutionally, we need to declare war and put and end to these attacks if we're going to stay in the area. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Proportional response and deterrence seem to be mutually exclusive at this point. It's getting to the point where, constitutionally, we need to declare war and put and end to these attacks if we're going to stay in the area. 

It has been that way forever.

43 minutes ago, slorch said:

Like that's even possible.

We will probably find out because as much as the administration wants to avoid escalation, these measured responses lead to escalation.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, statsman said:

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/iran-backed-groups-continue-to-target-american-bases-as-u-s-plans-further-strikes-08917af0?st=tmux7zzk2crfkvp&reflink=mobilewebshare_permalink

It looks like the weekend response was not motivational or educational enough. 

I think we should start sinking Iranian naval ships. 

One thing to keep in mind is that Iran thrives in chaos such as the failed states of Yemen, Syria, and Lebanon. Iran doesn't want to see these countries thrive as it diminishes their influence. So attacking these countries doesn't hurt Iran and to some extent, it actually helps them gain influence. The only way to get Iran to listen is to hit things that it cares about and the Oklahomas of the Middle East aren't it.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Maybe in a hundred years, hopefully we'll have finally mostly moved on from our dependence on oil. Then we can not give a fuck about Iran and the entire fucking Middle East. Fuck all those countries. Nothing but batshit crazy. 

They would become Africa to us. How often do we give a shit about countries in Africa? 

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Maybe in a hundred years, hopefully we'll have finally mostly moved on from our dependence on oil. Then we can not give a fuck about Iran and the entire fucking Middle East. Fuck all those countries. Nothing but batshit crazy. 

They would become Africa to us. How often do we give a shit about countries in Africa? 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

We don't talk about Africa because that continent and its inhabitants have been the rape victims of the rest of the world for the past 400 years.

Some of us talk about it a lot. Ever hear of PEPFAR? Probably one of the best US Development programs ever.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Some of us talk about it a lot. Ever hear of PEPFAR? Probably one of the best US Development programs ever.

I know. I was being fatuous. That and i know precisely Jack shit about that region other than the northern part.

Edited by MissingInAction
I'm stupid
  • Haha 2