2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

27 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The Saudis will eventually own everything on the planet.

I know that the Saudi PIF is "investing" hundreds of millions, really billions - what is the end game for that as an investment? Players are getting paid more, PGA Tour says they are committed to their Charity partners, are advertisers going to pay more for naming rights, or more in broadcast fees  It isn't like the can get greens fees to go up because of this.
I just don't see it as anything more than sportswashing; and PIF is looking at tennis too. Maybe the PGA board was making more than I can imagine, I know there were allegations of a ton of money not going players & charities. 
( I know this probably belongs in the LIV thread - but that, like their tour is kinda dead)

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

What hole at "The Masters" is Surly's favorite?

Definitely a few to choose from...

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Hard to single just one out of Amen Corner but if I have to I’ll take 13. 

Hah. 12 is my answer.

Guessing it's high up your list. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Hard to single just one out of Amen Corner but if I have to I’ll take 13. 

Yeah I really can't decide either, that's why I put the question out there.  I always enjoy the 15th and 16th back-to-back.  All 3 holes of "Amen Corner" are so much fun to watch.  

Love that we now get to watch all 18 holes.

Wonder what hole on the front 9 most folks like best at "The Masters" ??

11 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah I really can't decide either, that's why I put the question out there.  I always enjoy the 15th and 16th back-to-back.  All 3 holes of "Amen Corner" are so much fun to watch.  

The front 3's and 5's are fairly boring I think. 3 and 9 would be my pick. Also, #1 just because it means the Masters has started. 5 is great for the carnage. 

Back - 13 is a common answer but I love short par 3's and there is no better short par 3 than 12. Love 16, too - all of the hole locations there make for exciting tee shots. 

I think 10 and 11 are vastly underrated holes. 

I just named half the course... Hence why this tournament is so awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 11:27 AM, crash_davis said:

Rahm's Masters dinner menu.

hideki-has-officially-been-topped-v0-wrr

last week when I was at my uncle's house I saw his display case, included within it are all the dinner plates when he played in The Masters, I meant to take a picture

7 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Even though it was the site of one of my least favorite meltdowns(Jordan), 12 is my favorite. 

I witnessed it in person....brutal

23 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

What hole at "The Masters" is Surly's favorite?

Definitely a few to choose from...

13, 16, 15, 2, 12, 4

19 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

parking your chair on the rope at 13 green just short of the creek keeps you close to 14th tee, 15th green, 16, 12, 11th green, 4, 3rd green, the hill under the 6th, and the restroom and concessions

• Like 1

The only Malnati I’ve heard of is Lou, but props to him for using the yellow ball. Way easier to see on TV in the air.

Other than that, good thing Cink is playing, else I don’t think I’d recognize any names in the top 9 other than Cam Young. 

48 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

The only Malnati I’ve heard of is Lou, but props to him for using the yellow ball. Way easier to see on TV in the air.

Other than that, good thing Cink is playing, else I don’t think I’d recognize any names in the top 9 other than Cam Young. 

Hope Glover and JT are playing well... 

Jordan Spieth just committed to play in next weeks Valero Texas Open. Very solid field this year.

Other notable commitments: McIlroy, Conners (2x winner of VTO), Fitzpatrick, Fleetwood, Fowler, Harman, Homa, Morikawa, Ludwig Aberg, Matsuyama, and Adam Scott. Players have until 3/29 to commit.

Hook’em!!!

Scottie just hit off 1. His group is currently being shown under Clark’s group, who just finished. 

Why they couldn’t start it under Scottie’s group, who knows. 

He’s 4 back, with Finau smoking it and just turned in a 62 to hit -9.

On TV it looks and sounds like nobody is out there. 

I went out with the kids today and there were pretty good crowds following the bigger names.

Weather was great as a spectator; wind is blowing for the players though.
  • Hook 'Em 1