Strzok Testimony

babysdaddy

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

3) That being said, the FBI--like Caesar's wife--must be above suspicion.  By even giving a basis for suspicion, Strzok fucked up and was rightly removed from the investigation.  He showed poor judgment in multiple ways, and Mueller needs people who exercise naught but good judgment.

I agree, and I don't think this is contrary to what you've posted, but the idea that Strzok's fuckup somehow tainted the investigation is absurd.  That's the play the Republicans have called, but in the real world, there needs to be not only evidence that the team has a general bias, but that they are acting on that bias.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I agree, and I don't think this is contrary to what you've posted, but the idea that Strzok's fuckup somehow tainted the investigation is absurd.  That's the play the Republicans have called, but in the real world, there needs to be not only evidence that the team has a general bias, but that they are acting on that bias.

On one hand, if anyone expresses the slightest bit of dishonesty through, say, marital infidelity....they are not to be trusted in any way whatsoever.

On the other hand, despite decades of demonstrable dishonesty, we should believe that Trump suddenly decided to play it straight during his campaign and this is all much ado about nothing.

15 minutes ago, TornACL said:

On one hand, if anyone expresses the slightest bit of dishonesty through, say, marital infidelity....they are not to be trusted in any way whatsoever.

Frankly, the whole concept is a little bit absurd.  The fact that a person lies in on specific context does not indicate that s/he will lie in all contexts.  I have known plenty of lawyers, for instance, who were complete lying shitbags in their personal lives, but in their professional lives were as pure as the driven snow. 

I don't see any contradiction there.  There is a gulf between how we act in our public lives and how we act in our private lives.  We see that not just with honesty, but with other characteristics as well--assertiveness, shyness, aggressiveness, and humor.  Why would honesty be different?

I wouldn't want to be married to Peter Strzok.  But I don't think I'd mind him being my investigator.

• Like 3

I don't know anything about Strzok's marriage.  I can't in any way endorse infidelity, but I don't know his circumstances.  I can say "it's not right" and sleep at night.  I can also say "but that's between him and his God" and also sleep at night.  It's just none of my business.  I've never been tempted to cheat, and I am on my second marriage.  I can be a complete shitbag in plenty of other ways.  I think it's probably wise not to go Gohmert and point the finger, because once that happens, people start looking under every stone, and there isn't an adult on this planet that has something they wouldn't rather keep hidden.

tl;dr  Gohmert and the like are despicable windbags who should be loudly mocked and then voted out of office.

Another contradiction worth mentioning is that the people who argue that Strzok's personal views of Trump should nullify the entire investigation are the same people who dismiss all of the numerous, real financial conflicts of interest by Trump and the leaders in his administration. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

it's all good, but a bit after 2:30 is where he starts rattling off GOP insults for Trump

This is what the Democrats will do if they want to win seats. Call out and broadcast all the insults that GOP candidates hurled at Trump in national advertisements. Then call out those same GOP cowards for lacking the spine to stand up to Trump now.

Well I don't know about winning seats, but I'd be entertained.

• Like 5

Strzok was correctly removed because of his poor judgement which created an appearance of bias with his texts on his work phone.  What he did was stupid and careless.  I spend at least a small to moderate amount of energy every day filtering my communication and the means through which I communicate through the role that I'm acting in.  For a variety of reasons.  And there's much, much less importance on not communicating inappropriately in my role as compared to someone in Strzok's role. What he did was fucking stupid, and because he did that, it was correct for him to be removed.  The fact that he was having an affair is not relevant to the investigation, the fact that he was doing it with someone else at the FBI is concerning from a more... HR, conflict of interest, inappropriate consideration, etc perspective.  Not incredibly relevant to the specific investigation, unless of course it can be shown that it impacted the investigation.

And that's the only thing that's important - did his personal opinions about Trump influence the actions he took in the course of the investigation or other relevant investigations?  I don't see that.  He showed bad personal judgement and was talking about his personal opinions of the subject of an investigation on his work phone.  Not appropriate.  Removed.  Ok.  If this whole thing is about determining of Strzok is a good and wise dude, that seems pointless.  If it's to discredit the investigation and the FBI in general, they didn't and couldn't get at anything to indicate that that would be warranted.  It's fucking weak.  But that's not the point because that's not how any of this works any more.

• Like 3

it's all good, but a bit after 2:30 is where he starts rattling off GOP insults for Trump
Can you filibuster a House committee hearing, cuz really he could have kept going "...Barron Trump called the president a retarded piece of horse shit from a horse that is also retarded. California State GOP Chair called Mr. Trump a nazi-dicked piss fountain and Idaho GOP Treasurer simply stated "Jewbot"...
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is what the Democrats will do if they want to win seats. Call out and broadcast all the insults that GOP candidates hurled at Trump in national advertisements. Then call out those same GOP cowards for lacking the spine to stand up to Trump now.

Well I don't know about winning seats, but I'd be entertained.

Absolutely.  Trump is a walking wedge issue.  Democrats should be hammering that wedge every chance they get.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

All of Congress should be removed from office and not allowed to run again.  All seats are up for grabs in November.  God dammit.

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Can we add a prison sentence as well?

It's nice in theory but I'm pretty sure both of you are aware enough to realize that the American public would simply elect every sitting member's spouse or son or brother or daughter or sister. We're not smart.

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I imagine it would be difficult for any objective observer that didn't watch it with the predetermination to be willfully blind to view Strozk as the nefarious actor yesterday.

fify. You don't even have to be objective. You could have favorable views of Trump/GOP. Anyone who isn't an ostrich with their head in the sand should be able to agree with your statement.

1 minute ago, AnonymousInternetPoster said:

Strzok is a liar and a completely biased POS.  His Trump Derangement Syndrome will be his undoing.

Excellent take. Tell us about the pizza place where all the bad things happened.

Edited by TornACL

Those GOP quotes need to be read aloud on the steps of Congress every morning to remind everyone just how fucking cowardly and sleazey Cruz, Rubio, Romney, Cruz, and scores of Congresscritters are.

They are so fucking afraid to stand up to Trump on anything, and in fact they're carrying his water. Zero moral courage. Meanwhile, John McCain is tweeting condemnations of Trump from his fucking deathbed. 

Edited by Grandioso

4 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:
5 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Can you filibuster a House committee hearing, cuz really he could have kept going "...Barron Trump called the president a retarded piece of horse shit from a horse that is also retarded. California State GOP Chair called Mr. Trump a nazi-dicked piss fountain and Idaho GOP Treasurer simply stated "Jewbot"...

Good stuff.  Seriously though, if you combed through all of their texts, I bet you would find as bad or worse comments about Fat Donny Small Hands from the Republican inquisitors yesterday as were found on Strzok's phone.

10 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Meanwhile, John McCain is tweeting condemnations of Trump from his fucking deathbed. 

John McCain?  That's your stalwart example of Republican virtue?  The cheese dick we found out actively pressured the IRS to single out and attack TP candidates that were threatening establishment candidates?  

“the solution is to audit so many that it becomes financially ruinous”

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

John McCain?  That's your stalwart example of Republican virtue?  The cheese dick we found out actively pressured the IRS to single out and attack TP candidates that were threatening establishment candidates?  

Plus, he got captured.  LOSER.

37 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

John McCain?  That's your stalwart example of Republican virtue? 

McCain's staff director recommended looking into political groups that were pulling an end run on campaign finance laws and federal income tax laws. They just wanted to close a fucking loophole. It just so happened that people like the Koch brothers seemed to be only ones exploiting it, or at least doing it on a much greater scale. If the IRS wanted to do the same type investigation on 501(c)(4) groups exploiting George Soros-type dark money, I'd be all for that as well. 

pressured the IRS to single out and attack TP candidates that were threatening establishment candidates?  

Seems like you're conceding that these 501(c)(4) groups were supporting candidates, i.e. political as opposed to social welfare programs. 

If so, we're kind of done here. 

EDIT: By the way, if you Google News "John McCain IRS" these are the publications on the first page:

The Federalist, The Washingto Times, The New American, Canada Free Press (which has the hilarious tagline "Because Without America, There Is No Free World"), Artvoice, American Thinker Blog, Breitbart, One America News Network, Ricochet.com, World Tribune, and finally, the Baltimore Post-Examiner. That last one's article was reprinted from something called "Talk Media News."

Edited by Grandioso
News outlets
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

“the solution is to audit so many that it becomes financially ruinous”

That's where we are today. 

John McCain, who 15 years ago was seen as off kilter is now the voice of reason among Conservative voices associated with D. C. 

McCain hasn't changed. But what has? I will give you one guess. 

8 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Strzok was correctly removed because of his poor judgement which created an appearance of bias with his texts on his work phone.  What he did was stupid and careless.  I spend at least a small to moderate amount of energy every day filtering my communication and the means through which I communicate through the role that I'm acting in.  For a variety of reasons.  And there's much, much less importance on not communicating inappropriately in my role as compared to someone in Strzok's role. What he did was fucking stupid, and because he did that, it was correct for him to be removed.  The fact that he was having an affair is not relevant to the investigation, the fact that he was doing it with someone else at the FBI is concerning from a more... HR, conflict of interest, inappropriate consideration, etc perspective.  Not incredibly relevant to the specific investigation, unless of course it can be shown that it impacted the investigation.

And that's the only thing that's important - did his personal opinions about Trump influence the actions he took in the course of the investigation or other relevant investigations?  I don't see that.  He showed bad personal judgement and was talking about his personal opinions of the subject of an investigation on his work phone.  Not appropriate.  Removed.  Ok.  If this whole thing is about determining of Strzok is a good and wise dude, that seems pointless.  If it's to discredit the investigation and the FBI in general, they didn't and couldn't get at anything to indicate that that would be warranted.  It's fucking weak.  But that's not the point because that's not how any of this works any more.

It's not the only thing that's important.  I would like to know how a man who(according to his own testimony) supposedly can not remember making half of the 50,000 texts he made to Page is in charge of important investigations.  Don't you want your lead investigators to be able to remember stuff?  Also how does he not remember making the texts yet he remembers the times he supposedly made these texts that he can not remember making and he is able to explain why he made these texts he does not remember making.  

• Fuck You 1

It's not the only thing that's important.  I would like to know how a man who(according to his own testimony) supposedly can not remember making half of the 50,000 texts he made to Page is in charge of important investigations.  Don't you want your lead investigators to be able to remember stuff?  Also how does he not remember making the texts yet he remembers the times he supposedly made these texts that he can not remember making and he is able to explain why he made these texts he does not remember making.  

Pussy rots the brain. This is not controversial.

6 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I'm not sure what's worse, if you know your argument is flawed and you decided to make it anyway, or if you truly believe what you wrote. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2018 at 12:38 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

And you all laugh and mock me and say that I'm wasting my vote when I say that I go in and blindly vote strictly straight Libertarian. It's not out of a naive belief in some sort of fantasy utopia in which rational men acting in the best interests of all will  govern wisely. No. It's an expression of disgust with the status quo and a cry for help.

No I'll still make fun of you

14 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Bet you thought that was amusing before you typed it out and hit enter...

Trump obviously thought it was clever/amusing when he tweeted it.  

I'm not saying everything McCain did was unreproachable (hello Palin) but it is beyond stupid to assault his service in Viet Nam, flying 23 missions after he'd been burned and wounded during the Forrestal fire/explosion.   On top of that McCain's dad could have gotten him a really cush desk job, he had that pull.

Then on the other hand you have Trump.  

I see you trolling and I usually ignore it.  And I am not an R, so I have no love for McCain, but I have respect for him.  And so do others, Jimmy for instance.  His comment was tongue in cheek, a parody of Trump's tweet.  But then I am sure you caught that drift. 

I'm stunned anyone might have thought that was anything but a dig at Trump, but whatever.

I find McCain to be an enigma.  His service is of course beyond reproach.  His record as a politician is spotty.  It is interesting that the right has turned on him at this juncture.  Classy.

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm stunned anyone might have thought that was anything but a dig at Trump, but whatever.

I find McCain to be an enigma.  His service is of course beyond reproach.  His record as a politician is spotty.  It is interesting that the right has turned on him at this juncture.  Classy.

It's just further confirmation that the GOP, while for years wearing the mantle of the "values" party (whatever that means), has only one value: Supporting Trump.  Everything else (humanity, dignity, decency, respect for rule of law) has gone completely out the window.  A wholesale jettisoning of anything resembling any sort of character or moral fiber.  No, it's all orange buffoon and buffoonery, 24/7.  

• Like 2