Official Sugar Bowl road trip thread

SubliminalHorn

7 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

About to depart the Nugget in LC and head east. Thinking about taking the scenic route through Morgan City just cause I never get to go that way anymore since I parked  my hotshot truck. Traffic always sucks through BR anyways. 

back in the day, hitting the morgan city popeyes before going offshore was a must !

• Hook 'Em 1

My favorite bar. Awesome jukebox selection, tatted up bartender with jet black hair and a great rack would have inspired some really poor decisions on my part 25 years ago. They will throw you out for taking pictures in there unfortunately 
20231229_182148.thumb.jpg.52d72056ff38dc9d41e1eb831685eb16.jpg

Hell yeah I love that place. Best jukebox ever.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 12/30/2023 at 10:30 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

My favorite bar. Awesome jukebox selection, tatted up bartender with jet black hair and a great rack would have inspired some really poor decisions on my part 25 years ago. They will throw you out for taking pictures in there unfortunately 

20231229_182148.jpg

Yeah the Dungeon is legit the best spot on Bourbon.

If you wind up at Lafitte's and Lee Hendler is playing piano that guy is a total badass he will listen to any random song he has never heard before for like 90 seconds then he will belt it out on the piano. If you do see him tell him Kid Rock's brother sent you haha. He kept telling everyone I was Billy Richie.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Checked into the hotel about an hour ago, getting dinner at Gris Gris now. Was a breeze getting through Baton Rouge. Ready to tear this shit up

Probably will miss you by an hour or so at Gris Gris, but will yell out muledick just in case. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, IBuryPaul said:

So tonight, when you're hammered and need grease, head over to 148 Carondelet St, Brothers Food Mart. They're open all night.

Get a 12-piece of the best fried chicken you'll ever eat. Go to your room. Lay in bed with the box of chicken laying on your chest. Eat away and enjoy.

You'll love yourself, maybe literally, and feel guilty in the morning. You're welcome.  

o.jpg

Last Halloween for my 50th we stayed at the AC Hotel across the street.  Went over there around midnight.  Line was out the door.

Best fried chicken I’ve ever eaten.

Hook ‘em!

🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 2