Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Don't think so. Different pasty white guy 

7 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

That was in fact Doocy.

You're both right in that a Doocy is the name of an actual person / lineage of people ANNNNNND the name of any generic pasty white guy you'd like to punch in the fucking teeth.

James Franco GIF

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I don’t know man. This seems like political poison to me. I’d vote for Biden if he was in a persistent vegetative state as long as the other option is Trump. But this shit will lose an election in the close states. If Biden stays in and seems even a little doddering during a debate or other high impact event, Trump is elected president, legitimately, and there goes the Republic.

20 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Right.

I mean, he is slowing down, and those of us who are fair about it will listen and say, jeez, he's still mostly sharp, he's energetic, and at least we know he cares about this country, and people in general.

But about 40% of the country really believes he's in full-blown dementia.  And they're loud about it.  And independents hear that.  And most people don't spend much time actually listening to this stuff to understand the slips in the full context.  All they'll know of this tonight is that the President can't even tell Egypt from Mexico and he screams at female reporters.

I'm afraid there's going to be good chunk of voters who say something like, "Trump's an asshole, but he least he's not completely senile," and they'll bite their tongue and accidentally vote for fascism.

Yeah, these. Biden is too old to be POTUS in a sane timeline and it does show. Now, it's stupid and extremely frustrating that Donald Trump - someone who is significantly lessmentally and physically fit to be POTUS, and by the way basically the same age - more or less gets a pass for far worse. But this stuff is going to stick.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah, these. Biden is too old to be POTUS in a sane timeline and it does show. Now, it's stupid and extremely frustrating that Donald Trump - someone who is significantly lessmentally and physically fit to be POTUS, and by the way basically the same age - more or less gets a pass for far worse. But this stuff is going to stick.

The narrative is already out there. This is putting a hat on a hat.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Joe Biden has the distinct disadvantage of talking like a human being at some point in his life. So a decline is noticeable. In all of Donald's inane, dumb shit ramblings, where does the Trumpism end and the dementia began?

Still, I think that the people who have blissfully barely heard him talk in 3 years are in for a shock when they see his current cognitive ability, of which there wasn't much to begin with.

Edited by aggie08
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

The campaign hasn't started.

The vast majority of Americans aren't paying a lick of attention to politics.

People still don’t think it will be a rematch. Thats how much the average person isn’t paying attention 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

People still don’t think it will be a rematch. Thats how much the average person isn’t paying attention 

This was true two or three months ago but I simply don't buy it now, primaries and Trump legal proceedings have been headline news and covered with the context that Trump is the Republican nominee.

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This was true two or three months ago but I simply don't buy it now, primaries and Trump legal proceedings have been headline news and covered with the context that Trump is the Republican nominee.

Sadly, it’s not wrong. Normal people don’t seriously tune in until the end of summer. 

25 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

@Joyce

This.

The legal system is not about innocence.

It's about guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Funny how the goal posts are moved for the Orange dotard when it comes to insurrection, but the documents case for JB comes down to statements about proving innocence.

What a transparent fucking.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Sadly, it’s not wrong. Normal people don’t seriously tune in until the end of summer. 

I know that and agree. But there's a difference between not tuning in and not knowing at this juncture that it is going to be Donald Trump.

If you have any kind of polling or other data to prove me wrong I'd love to see it, because it would materially change my perspective.

24 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

All they'll know of this tonight is that the President can't even tell Egypt from Mexico and he screams at female reporters.

The worst part is he’ll be crushed to death by the media for this, as if it doesn’t happen to every single person all the time 

Mike Johnson mixed up Iran and Israel on Meet the Press

Jesse Watters introduced Noem as the governor of South Carolina 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

The worst part is he’ll be crushed to death by the media for this, as if it doesn’t happen to every single person all the time 

Mike Johnson mixed up Iran and Israel on Meet the Press

Jesse Watters introduced Noem as the governor of South Carolina 

Yeah, they’ll keep this shit on the front page for as long as they possibly can, then they’ll bring it back up in October, all the while they’ll be caping for Trump.

8 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I know that and agree. But there's a difference between not tuning in and not knowing at this juncture that it is going to be Donald Trump.

If you have any kind of polling or other data to prove me wrong I'd love to see it, because it would materially change my perspective.

https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-are-in-denial-that-trump-will-likely-be-the-gop-nominee-2024-1?op=1

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/12/politics/trump-biden-2024-campaign/index.html

Edited by David Dennison
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, they’ll keep this shit on the front page for as long as they possibly can, then they’ll bring it back up in October, all the while they’ll be caping for Trump.

Yep. Trump claimed Nikki Haley was responsible for security on J6. “Well we all knew what he meant, okay?”

• Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I’m so fucking pissed at Garland over this shit. You can’t go appointing a fucking Fed Soc goblin to investigate Biden just so you look like you’re adhering to norms. This is the type of colossally stupid fuckup that an imperial Japanese official would be expected to commit seppuku over.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2024/02/special-counsels-devastating-charge-against-biden/677396/

• Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

This is also February. The election is in 9 months. A lot is going to happen in the next 9 months 

Like Trump having a stroke while walking down a flight of stairs eating a cheeseburger, so that the fall causes him to choke and break his neck simultaneously?

• Like 5
  • Drool 2

Have any of you concern trolls ever been deposed by opposing counsel?  I have, its not a causal conversation, its nerve wracking and you are on pure defense to make sure anything you say won’t be used against you.  It fucks with your recall and makes you second guess everything you are thinking much more than you expect.  

Charlie Strong was so flustered during his deposition that he couldn’t remember his own zip code or his own player’s name.  Charlie may be a dumb ass but no one accused him of dementia.  Add to that the fact that this deposition occured on same day Biden was briefed on the Hamas attack on top of the normal presidential pressures and who knows what his mental state was that day. Obviously Biden is not 50yr old Biden but a few “I don’t recall” responses during a hostile deposition does prove dementia for fucks sake.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

The only way to combat the political fallout from this is to get him out on the campaign trail.

Relax….. it’s still early February. It’s now a Friday.  Could be out of the news cycle by Monday.

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Relax….. it’s still early February. It’s now a Friday.  Could be out of the news cycle by Monday.

14 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Either a new news cycle needs to happen or Biden needs to figure out some way to look relaxed in a conversation.  Go on Fallon or something. 

It's also the Friday before Super Bowl Sunday.

That said, this "Biden is old" angle isn't going away (and he isn't getting younger). 

It is wild that Trump is responsible for sexual assault... so far... but, well, Biden is old so really that's the big story.

14 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

He needs to drop out and let that guy from Minnesota take the nod.

Yeah just what we need, another vanity campaign from a grifter 

9 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Like Trump having a stroke while walking down a flight of stairs eating a cheeseburger, so that the fall causes him to choke and break his neck simultaneously?

I mean I was thinking he’d just be convicted of at least 1 out of 90 felonies he’s charged with but legally incapacitated is probably just as good as legally incarcerated in my book.

If he wins reelection he'll be president until February 2029. Five years from now. I don't think that's.... realistic. And yes I understand all of the advantages of incumbency, etc. It's just a tough spot to be in right now.

9 hours ago, David Dennison said:

The only way to combat the political fallout from this is to get him out on the campaign trail.

The dude is out there talking to people, touring factories, holding events.

But you know damn well those don't get covered because Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If he wins reelection he'll be president until February 2029. Five years from now. I don't think that's.... realistic. And yes I understand all of the advantages of incumbency, etc. It's just a tough spot to be in right now.

*January 2029, but yes

America hasn't had a president die in office (naturally) since FDR. We seem overdue.  Neither of them should statistically make it to 2029. 

Edit: American, the last 2 times, came together as soon as the president died.  Truman had an 87% approval rating in 1945.  LBJ was at 78% in 1963.  Wild times - that would never happen today.  

Edited by Js1

15 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

I've actually heard Biden speak. He is clearly plenty sharp and has great responses to questions. Giving the refusal to press charges, I'm quite confident the memory issues stated in the report are solely there as a red meat for Republican voters. 

This. So fucking transparent.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

The whole “Biden is old and senile” playbook in 2020 was pretty shattered because the bar becomes so low, he cleared it in every debate and town hall. That’s just what’s happening again

”oh they said he’s senile and forgetful and a drooling poop diaper baby and yet, he was coherent and knowledgeable and didn’t die on stage”

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The whole “Biden is old and senile” playbook in 2020 was pretty shattered because the bar becomes so low, he cleared it in every debate and town hall. That’s just what’s happening again

”oh they said he’s senile and forgetful and a drooling poop diaper baby and yet, he was coherent and knowledgeable and didn’t die on stage”

Nevertheless, this report is an own goal brought on by the infuriating Democratic impulse to stay above politics when dealing with an opponent who knows better.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again