CFP Semifinal: Texas vs Washington - 7:45pm on ESPN

Pancho

It seemed like the plays/lineups were getting in to the defense late.

multiple occasions Sweat and crew are standing up looking at sideline while Wash is ready to snap the ball.  

I understand the d coordinator calls plays and lineups but those guys got to be dialed in earlier.  

Did I just imagine that?

Nah, there were several times it happened. A couple of times I think the ball was snapped before everyone was set.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

IMG_3978.gif.b45c1e013b1fb42021974b3020049e40.gif

Look, dipshit. I realize you think everyone wants all your hot takes. We don't.

If you feel the need to talk politics, there's a board for that. Shaggy/Surly have always been that way and it is one of the reasons this is a popular place. Don't fuck it up.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

One of the great things about this board is that we try to keep political bullshit off of it. If I want politics, I'll go to the politics board. I don't, so I don't. If you want politics, you can go there, too. imma wants to drive more traffic here. Running people off will definitely not accomplish that.

FUCK you. You know better and just insist on being a petulant bitch.

You continuosly being a snowflake about it doesnt help. No one’s trying to talk politics except you. Some people made drive-by jokes and you can’t deal with it at all. The post you responded to didn’t even name the guy or offer commentary on his politics, and you still got deeply offended by it. As always. 

• Hook 'Em 10
  • Fuck You 8
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, GTJ1982 said:

Sark said in his presser that he wanted the ball more but we got behind and he had to pass.  

I must be crazy because we came throwing and were never down by double digits in the first half yet kept coming out wasting first downs.  

We definitely wasted first downs in the first half.

Just now, Macklemore said:

The CR losers were let out of their cage yesterday and are still roaming the football board unfortunately. 

Report the post and shut the fuck up then. Your whining is what makes it about politics. Not my original post.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Tx74 said:

Penix is really good but did we ever have a db look back for the ball?

One of the hardest things to do in football is try to locate the ball while keeping track of your man with the ball in the air.

There is a reason everyone has complained about it for the last 15 years as teams have been throwing the ball more and it’s not an issue isolated to Texas

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Tx74 said:

Penix is really good but did we ever have a db look back for the ball?

Muhammad had a bitching bad ass play on the ball that tipped… to the WR for a TD. He’s a true freshman. 

Edited by troph

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

One of the hardest things to do in football is try to locate the ball while keeping track of your man with the ball in the air.

There is a reason everyone has complained about it for the last 15 years as teams have been throwing the ball more and it’s not an issue isolated to Texas

It's a pandemic on all levels.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, caliHORNia said:

All year our DBs look like they are coached by Ray Charles

Penix was throwing dots all night, it didnt help.

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Just shut the fuck up. Take it somewhere else.

You aren't a mod. Put me on ignore then. I made one joke and you had to derail the thread because you think you are the forum police. Shut up.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck You 7
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Agreed. People really don't understand how difficult it is. We were in good position much of the night, but Penix was just dropping the ball in there. That is extremely hard to defend. You HAVE to pressure a QB like that. We couldn't hit him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Just shut the fuck up. Take it somewhere else.

Jesus Christ would you shut the fuck up already. You are such a cunt hair of a poster. Report whatever post offends you and go jerk off to your framed photo of Tommy Moffit so the rest of us can talk about the game.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 3
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Penix was throwing dots all night, it didnt help.

You aren't a mod. Put me on ignore then. Shut up.

Penix was amazing as were their receivers.  That was predictable imo.  I won't pretend to be a football expert but it seems to me that DBs can find the ball better, get fewer PI calls, and a coach can find a way to limit the explosive plays.   We were never going to get pressure so why send the extra man?

Still happy with the Season overall but I'd like to see improved DB play next year.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Fuckwads. Start another thread about the Ted Cruz curse. I’m sure aggies will join you too. But Stahp.

Sorry for mentioning that a person was at a football game and that that person has a history of being terrible luck for whoever he is "rooting" for. My bad yall!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7
  • Drool 1

Just now, caliHORNia said:

Penix was amazing as were their receivers.  That was predictable imo.  I won't pretend to be a football expert but it seems to me that DBs can find the ball better, get fewer PI calls, and a coach can find a way to limit the explosive plays.   We were never going to get pressure so why send the extra man?

Still happy with the Season overall but I'd like to see improved DB play next year.

It will be much improved. Add a legit S prospect from the portal and it could be an entirely different unit. Muhammad is a fucking stud. We got the kid from Clemson coming also Williams a true fresh with more time to develop. I’m sure there is more but I’d expect a major leap in improvement. 

Agreed. People really don't understand how difficult it is. We were in good position much of the night, but Penix was just dropping the ball in there. That is extremely hard to defend. You HAVE to pressure a QB like that. We couldn't hit him.

Yep. Texas was never, ever going to win this game with Penix having as much time and room to work as he did. There is not a college secondary that can cover Washington if the game is put on their shoulders. It is what it is.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Why we have so many pussies in here this morning?? We’ve already got 2 losses next season?? Michigan and Washington are senior laden teams that are going to lose a lot if key pieces after this season. They’re the ones that should be worried about when they’ll contend again (although the entire big10 looks to be down next year). If we go to Michigan and pull out a win we’re gonna get rolling with a great shot at beating Georgia at home and a bye in the first round. We should be optimistic about next season, not shutting our pants. The run D will drop off but the pass D should improve.

It’s not that hard to discuss football without bringing politics into the discussion. Just fucking stop and talk about football.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yep. Texas was never, ever going to win this game with Penix having as much time and room to work as he did. There is not a college secondary that can cover Washington if the game is put on their shoulders. It is what it is.

It's why I hate that the LSU QB won the Heisman. He's good, but Penix dominates. LSU had a meh season. Washington is going to play for it all.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

On at least 2-4 of those completions we had DB's touch the ball or swipe through arms. Just perfect passes and great catches. Not much else you could really do.

I think some of those were a DB running his ass off after being beat.  Looked like recovery mode - not stride for stride play the ball.

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Outside of a couple of plays, last night's performance by our secondary was more of a product of Penix Jr's pinpoint accuracy and Washington's WR's ability to make contested catches than egregiously poor secondary play. Their receivers simply refuse to drop anything and on top of that they make plays for their QB on the rare occasion he's off target. I still can't believe we still had a chance to completely burglarize last night's game, because in all honesty, given the mistakes we made in terms of penalties, turnovers and simply not having the ball, we were extremely lucky to have a chance to win with the last play. Speaking of, has Quinn Ewers ever really thrown a fast ball. I can't remember him throwing a ball that wasn't of the feathery variety. If he throws that last pass on more of a line there's a good chance we come away with the win.

this is dead on.  that was what kind of blew my mind as well.  i really wanted to be the 4 instead of the 3 because i figured washington was our worst matchup given how bad our pass defense has been outside the numbers all year.

but as fucked up as it sounds to say when you just gave up the fourth most yards in cfp history, our pass defense wasn't horrible last night.  they did not get toasted and there weren't many wide open plays that we gave up so many times this year.  we forced the washington wrs to make plays and they just did.  they played out of their minds.  and penix was unbelievably accurate.  that isn't to say that our dbs played a great game or anything, but it wasn't what i expected.  we had decent to good coverage on a substantial number of their big plays.  they just made the plays.  and given how ineffective our pass rush was on top of it, they hung in there okay. 

game was frustrating.  turnovers and penalties really got us.  quinn being having jittery feet and terrible release point in the first half.  sark with some seriously bad playcalling in the last four.  and washington's skill guys just making freaking plays.  frustrating.

also, i am so sick of 6th year qbs.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

26 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Jesus Christ would you shut the fuck up already. You are such a cunt hair of a poster. Report whatever post offends you and go jerk off to your framed photo of Tommy Moffit so the rest of us can talk about the game.

Stay on target. 

23 minutes ago, troph said:

It will be much improved. Add a legit S prospect from the portal and it could be an entirely different unit. Muhammad is a fucking stud. We got the kid from Clemson coming also Williams a true fresh with more time to develop. I’m sure there is more but I’d expect a major leap in improvement. 

Honestly, our safeties weren't really that bad yesterday which was surprising. Washington didnt attack them like we assumed they would. They went after our corners with total abandon though. 

For all the social media cry baby dickheada about the college football playoffs.  Both games came down the last play 4th down no time left.   

if there wasn’t a more perfect 4 teams matched there never will be.  The playoff committee will use this weekend as the measuring stick of saying why they got it right. 

also yes. Sick of seeing 30 year old college qbs 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Sorry for mentioning that a person was at a football game and that that person has a history of being terrible luck for whoever he is "rooting" for. My bad yall!

nobody gives a fuck.  I'm sorry Houston is losery...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

would you please shut the fuck up about shutting the fuck up.  report whatever post you want so we can talk about the game.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Still the craziest play of the night:

And earlier in the day Desmond Howard asked if he’s “gonna have to choke a bitch” on air when someone cut off the video of the point he was trying to make during Game Day.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, n64ra said:

How in the world did Quinn start 9 for 18 against the 14th worse pass defense in the country? 

we had a shitload of tipped balls on the RPO looks. I feel like there were at least 5 of them right off the bat. That really messed with his start. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

And earlier in the day Desmond Howard asked if he’s “gonna have to choke a bitch” on air when someone cut off the video of the point he was trying to make during Game Day.

Whoever cut him off deserves a raise.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• immamac unpinned this topic