Washington vs Michigan, CFP Championship -- Jan. 8th ESPN 6:30p CT

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

It helps that he is being called for holding tonight and he wasn’t last week. He was allowed to hold with impunity. 

Michigan has had guys on the line just run right past slow unready linemen.  They're pass rush is better. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Ghost of Shag said:

Going into the Washington game the media acted like our D-line was going to get tons of pressure. That was never our strength. Our strength was run defense, not pressuring the QB.

Thats why we lost. We couldn’t get pressure on him (and sark wouldn’t run the damn ball). 

When you can pressure, it makes your secondary look like Michigan’s does tonight. Not that they aren’t really good—they are. But I’ll bet Muhammad starts looking like Will Johnson if Simmons and co. can start bringing a pass rush.

Johnson is not a lockdown corner, but he is good enough, along with the rest of the defense to make enough plays. It really is a team win, the entire year

2 minutes ago, staboner said:

the other way around IMO. i felt like we had way too much hype for our DTs heading into the game with husky

but michigan secondary is indeed better as well 

penix is exactly who we thought he was. we needed to pressure him and our plan sucked

Meh we stuffed the run that’s what those guys do. I was hoping Burke and hill would get some pressure they didn’t. Sweat was never going to sack penix. Murphy got close. Our tackles played fine but what you need against WA is Edge and no delayed blitz bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, BurgleBro said:

Michigan has had guys on the line just run right past slow unready linemen.  They're pass rush is better. 

Way better! 

I and others pointed out that we had to edge contain and get a pass rush with 4. 

Our blitz package was always late.

1 minute ago, Wishbone said:

Welp, maybe Harbaugh will move on now while he’s on top. Don’t really care either way I guess. I will say that they earned this one. 

He didn't even coach for half the season.  And when he did he was cheating.  Lol

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Congrats Michigan.  Now can at least wonder who your next HC will be for the off-season .

they are going to make a mistake and hire Moore won't they...

3 minutes ago, naija said:

please stop posting that it's a different Washington team. It's a different defense they are playing. a massively underrated front 7 and a secondary that had given up a number of TDs that we do in 2 games.

And Penix has been reckless, his receivers have dropped a lot of balls, and they’ve actually been called for penalties. They’ve been much sloppier than last week. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

There's this thing called matchups in sports. We matched up better with Michigan than Washington. Washington matched up better against us than against Michigan. Michigan matches up with Washington better than we did. 

Washington was the one team in the playoffs who could exploit our weakness. Bama and Michigan's pass game was nowhere near what Washington's was.

I’m just busting your balls a little bit. You guys had a great season this year. It’s probably the best Texas team I’ve seen in a decade or more. 

• Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, troph said:

Meh we stuffed the run that’s what those guys do. I was hoping Burke and hill would get some pressure they didn’t. Sweat was never going to sack penix. Murphy got close. Our tackles played fine but what you need against WA is Edge and no delayed blitz bullshit.

This

1 minute ago, boilerhorn said:

Penix is quite fragile, it appears.

That RT is getting worked by the spin move.

I don't know if I would say he's fragile, but he's hurt (maybe broken rib?).

And with the pressure and hits that Michigan has on him, he's gun shy now.

Just now, Helobious said:

I’m really watching Wash #73 now. There’s no way he played this bad against us right? He’s fucking awful.

Well they got their fancy OL award that they couldn’t shut the fuck yup about. Maybe they can put that on their stadium. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

I’m really watching Wash #73 now. There’s no way he played this bad against us right? He’s fucking awful.

Burke just runs into tackle's chest, doesn't use his 8 foot arms for shit.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This is what having someone like Colin Simmons does for our pass rush. We need more like him. 

Hoping he can make an impact at least on obvious passing downs with Moore opposite 

Just now, troph said:

So is Michigan really at risk to lose the championship? 

Penn State got their wins stripped, but then reinstated for covering up child rape for decades. So I doubt Mich gets wins taken away for what they did. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1