Texas (+8) @ BYU- 1pm on ESPN2

shadow_operative

29 minutes ago, TornACL said:

+8 is too high but if BYU shoots well from 3 they could win by 30. Would not bet this game.

They haven't shot that great in Big 12 play. We aren't a great 3 point defense, but that was before Weaver started getting more playing time. 

We played there one year. In prehistoric times, the Marriott Center was the largest gym in the country

seating about 20k. The benches were below the court and the gym was one level sloping

slowly away from the court. There were about 13k in attendance and it was relatively quiet

because of the gym's configuration. Supposedly tomorrow is a sellout so it will be loud.

BYU's fate will rest with their 3 point shooting (and our 3 point D)... they jack up a crazy amount of 3's.  On average, I think their players are a little slower and a little less athletic across the board.  They are probably more technically sound.

historically this type of game involves the home team cougars going on some sort of first half 10-0, 12-2 type run in 2:00 of game time, with the outcome of the game dependent on how we respond. as show by the chart that i posted in the season thread, Texas is one of the most volatile teams in the country, prone to both giving up as well as going on 10+ point streaks. as long as we respond to any early scoring barrage they give us, i tend to think that we’ll cover the spread and be playing with a chance to win late. that said, this feels to me like it’s either a nail biter or a blow out. bout to find out. 

47 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

On average, I think their players are a little slower and a little less athletic across the board.  They are probably more technically sound.

Are you suggesting they are more like coaches out there on the court? The scrappy gym rat/lunch pail type of athletes? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

What a choke job by Florida

I took Ga +8. That bet looked like shit the entire game. They were down 21 with like 12 minutes to go. Gators  will  probably win by 9 in OT. 

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Why is Disu guarding that mongoloid 30 feet from the basket

That's not very PC of you, bro. This is a wholesome, family friendly environment so maybe you should cut it the fuck out and take your ass to church in the morning and repent for your sins.