Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

They apparnetly updated their privacy policy

https://twitter.com/en/privacy#x-privacy-1

• Biometric Information. Based on your consent, we may collect and use your biometric information for safety, security, and identification purposes.
  • Job Applications / Recommendations. We may collect and use your personal information (such as your employment history, educational history, employment preferences, skills and abilities, job search activity and engagement, and so on) to recommend potential jobs for you, to share with potential employers when you apply for a job, to enable employers to find potential candidates, and to show you more relevant advertising.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They apparnetly updated their privacy policy

https://twitter.com/en/privacy#x-privacy-1

• Biometric Information. Based on your consent, we may collect and use your biometric information for safety, security, and identification purposes.
  • Job Applications / Recommendations. We may collect and use your personal information (such as your employment history, educational history, employment preferences, skills and abilities, job search activity and engagement, and so on) to recommend potential jobs for you, to share with potential employers when you apply for a job, to enable employers to find potential candidates, and to show you more relevant advertising.

To summarize: Compared to the old privacy policy, there are now several very important new types of user data that Twitter collects, including employment and educational history, as well as biometric data. The company also plans to use that data in new ways, most importantly to train AI.

We read X's new privacy policy so you don't have to

https://mashable.com/article/x-twitter-privacy-policy-update#:~:text=Current Privacy Policy vs. new,effect on September 29%2C 2023.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

To summarize: Compared to the old privacy policy, there are now several very important new types of user data that Twitter collects, including employment and educational history, as well as biometric data. The company also plans to use that data in new ways, most importantly to train AI.

We read X's new privacy policy so you don't have to

https://mashable.com/article/x-twitter-privacy-policy-update#:~:text=Current Privacy Policy vs. new,effect on September 29%2C 2023.

Elon: We're all about user rights and privacy and free speech.  By the way, we want to collect photos of you and your employment history and status, because.....we're going to create a Linked-In/Monster.com competitor with X.com.

Because everybody wants to seek employment with  a website whose URL is...X.com.

Problem for Elmo is how does AI get trained on a bunch of his fanbois who work minimum wage jobs at fast food places or retail stores (assuming their moms don't let them stick around the house all day).

• Hook 'Em 1

Tesla really and truly is megafucked, MORE price cuts.

https://electrek.co/2023/09/01/tesla-drops-price-of-model-s-x-x-now-qualifies-for-us-tax-credit/

Tesla has cut prices on the Model S and X, with price drops of 15-19% in the US on all trim levels (and similar cuts in the rest of the world), except for the brand-new Standard Range model which was introduced just over two weeks ago and is now no longer available.

Good news and bad news from Tesla today – the cheapest Model S and Model X, the $78,490/$88,490 Standard Range version, is gone. We hardly knew ye.

But that model has been replaced with price cuts across all the rest of Tesla’s S and X range, leading today’s base price of the larger-battery versions of both cars to be cheaper than yesterday’s base price of the smaller-battery versions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

It's a good bet that 90% of them have/use an image of Pepe the frog in their online profile/posting somehow.  Just a coincidence.

Most of those twats can't afford a Tesla. And I feel like most of the folks that used to love Teslas are socially aware enough to not like Musk's behavior and politics. So that basically leaves, what, relatively well-to-do, environmentally conscious people who also pay zero attention to politics and social media. Like, how big is that fukcing slice of the pie?

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, ultimaton said:

If my neighborhood is anything to go by, Tesla is still very popular with the Desi/South Asian population. 

STILL very popular, or this is the population that bought their Teslas 2 or more years ago? That's what I'm understanding. Listen, no reasonable person is selling a car 2-3 years in that is mostly fine becuase they hate Elon Musk. But new sales, particularly as so many better options are hitting the market? That's what I want to understand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

If my neighborhood is anything to go by, Tesla is still very popular with the Desi/South Asian population. 

Yep.

Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Prosper it's all Indians and all Teslas, all the time.

Someone should take a Patel Bros. parking lot photo. 'nuff said.

Edited by animaltobacco11

Funny reddit about it:

https://beta.reddit.com/r/TeslaModelY/comments/15wdmj9/indian_dude_here_is_it_me_or_does_the_model_y/?limit=500

[–]questionmmann 235 points 12 days agoIlluminati_48.png 

I’m not an Indian guy but when I see Indian people buying something in droves it usually gives me extra assurance lol

•  

100% guilty of this.

“Are the Indians buying it? Huh, must be a good deal then..”

[–]Jayoheazy 33 points 11 days ago 

This had me rolling lol. So true. All my Indian peeps love a good deal

[–]recordwalla[S] 96 points 12 days ago 

I’m an Indian guy and I approve your message 😂

A loan on a Tesla < 5 years old is probably so far under water the owner may not be able sell it. Even if they don't have a loan they're probably in shock about how much that sucker has declined in value, and are hoping they somehow bounce back.

image.thumb.png.1505982a5712a91bf0f718c7eadd7517.png

image.thumb.png.0cec8555b269660485bab94dceb65025.png

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/07/16/used-ev-prices-are-collapsing-and-tesla-is-why/

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Chopper said:

A loan on a Tesla < 5 years old is probably so far under water the owner may not be able sell it. Even if they don't have a loan they're probably in shock about how much that sucker has declined in value, and are hoping they somehow bounce back.

image.thumb.png.1505982a5712a91bf0f718c7eadd7517.png

image.thumb.png.0cec8555b269660485bab94dceb65025.png

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/07/16/used-ev-prices-are-collapsing-and-tesla-is-why/

I think maybe that's why the Indians are scooping them all up for themselves; they love a great value and great deal and still perceive a Tesla as a status symbol (and a lot of them are in tech or tech adjacent careers where a Tesla means more than other sectors).

• Fuck You 3

6 minutes ago, animaltobacco11 said:

I think maybe that's why the Indians are scooping them all up for themselves; they love a great value and great deal and still perceive a Tesla as a status symbol (and a lot of them are in tech or tech adjacent careers where a Tesla means more than other sectors).

your dedication to blowing elmo is fucking hilarious

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

your dedication to blowing elmo is fucking hilarious

From trying to explain how and why people still think it's a cool thing to buy a Tesla (which I don't think it's cool btw) and trying to understand the world around us for which we use our eyeballs to observe trends and patterns (like how South Asians are obsessed with Telsa), you think that is overly fawning on the guy? 

• Fuck You 2

I used to want a Tesla and planned for it to be my next car within the next few years. Not the case now. Now that I care what Elon says or what others might think of me. I honestly wouldn’t trust Elon to not just decide to demand money or my vehicle is turned off, or suffers diminished performance. You want the full mileage from last year? That will be $20K.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

STILL very popular, or this is the population that bought their Teslas 2 or more years ago? That's what I'm understanding. Listen, no reasonable person is selling a car 2-3 years in that is mostly fine becuase they hate Elon Musk. But new sales, particularly as so many better options are hitting the market? That's what I want to understand. 

Who can tell if a Tesla is new, a year or two or three old! Body style hasn't changed a single bit, right?

On 9/1/2023 at 4:13 PM, unoriginal said:

Trending on twitter

twitter.png

It's my understanding that Faux News and Brightfart have been telling those same idiots for years that the ADL are fascists. It's confusing because those same idiots are more open about their own fascism than ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/1/2023 at 10:45 AM, SydneyCarton said:

New purchases from my anecdotal observation of the neighborhood. Three new white Model 3 on my block alone since I think April. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Elon says he estimates his damages caused by ADL to be "half the value of Twitter", which he says amounts to upwards of $22B.

JFC, people used to look at this guy like some revolutionary genius. He massively overpaid for a social media site b/c he's an insecure man-baby, completely fucked it, and is now blaming  THE JEWS for it being a bad investment.

It's almost too on the nose for Bizarro Lex Luthor. Libertarians must be devastated.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Elon says he estimates his damages caused by ADL to be "half the value of Twitter", which he says amounts to upwards of $22B.

JFC, people used to look at this guy like some revolutionary genius. He massively overpaid for a social media site b/c he's an insecure man-baby, completely fucked it, and is now blaming  THE JEWS for it being a bad investment.

Narcissistic and on the spectrum, he's never going to understand average humans' reactions to his actions. It is always going to be someone else's fault to him.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Well, Elon it's going to be down over 85% after your holiday weekend bender and ensuing anti-Semitic posts.

Sure feels like he's headed there.  Maybe he doesn't directly make a post directed at Jewish people (outside of the ADL stuff), but he'll like/re-tweet some that do.

And he won't understand the backlash because

35 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Narcissistic and on the spectrum, he's never going to understand average humans' reactions to his actions. It is always going to be someone else's fault to him.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

you know how fast they are going to ask to see specifically what advertisers are telling them the ADL is pressuring them?

you know what the real issue is? their ad platform sucks, PR/Marketing firms don't think the value is there compared to other social media platforms, so they aren't suggesting it, fortune 500 companies are reasonably terrified of their ads running next to hate speech or some illegal upload of a movie or some white supremacist's text and so they are gunshy. 

but sure, it's the Jews. with their Space Lasers.

of all companies on the planet to sue...the ADL? lol

Season 1 Good Luck GIF by The Roku Channel

• Hook 'Em 3

• blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?