Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

In case anyone needs help comparing BMW v Tesla. I have an easy trick 

Did the company owners PREVIOUSLY support Nazis/White Supremacy or CURRENTLY supports Nazis/White Supremacy?

Yea, but what I posit is, why not boycott both/all? That's my ethical stance, and it has nothing to do with not being able to afford anything but Asian made vehicles because I'm poor/middle class. Maybe a little bit, most mostly ethics!

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

Yea, but what I posit is, why not boycott both/all? That's my ethical stance, and it has nothing to do with not being able to afford anything but Asian made vehicles because I'm poor/middle class. Maybe a little bit, most mostly ethics!

My grandaddy would've shit a brick if he knew I drove a Japanese car - have you heard what THEY did??? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Rudiger said:

Carano is about to find out that paying and saying you’ll pay are two different things. 

Also assuming he upholds his word, he said nothing about paying the DEFENDANT'S attorney fees. Which, because her lawsuit is total b.s. and an attempt to intimidate and harass, I believe she has a good shot at ultimately becoming responsible for paying under CA's anti-SLAPP law.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It's why, the next time they put out a casting call for the next Bond girl, and I submit my application as an unattractive 50+ yr old male, I won't have any basis for a claim when the producers decline to enter into an acting services contract with me.

4 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Why not boycott all? It’s a choice, but to err is human, and redemption is a noble pursuit. Acting like a piece of shit in the present deserves ridicule and derision 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, safe sex said:

100%. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism. 

But if a company is going to straight up tell me that it's owned or run by a Nazi, especially when it comes from the Nazi's own mouth, then it's a pretty easy choice to make.

Guess you don’t like space travel. 

• Fuck You 5

5 hours ago, Captainant said:

My grandaddy would've shit a brick if he knew I drove a Japanese car - have you heard what THEY did??? 

5 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

My granddaddy did shit a brick when I pulled up in front of their house in a Toyota.

Should have been a Mitsubishi, and then he could tell you about the logo and Pearl Harbor.

12 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Why not boycott all? It’s a choice, but to err is human, and redemption is a noble pursuit. Acting like a piece of shit in the present deserves ridicule and derision 

Fair enough. The one thing that sticks out to me is Chanel and Hugo Boss being Nazis. For my part I won’t ever give them any money and wince when I see people— especially gays, blacks and Jews— wearing Hugo Boss.

Also I don’t like to take any Bayer-backed medicine. 

Edited by BeardIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

Fair enough. The one thing that sticks out to me is Chanel and Hugo Boss being Nazis. For my part I won’t ever give them any money and wince when I see people— especially gays, blacks and Jews— wearing Hugo Boss.

Hugo Boss died over 75 years ago.  I'm pretty sure he's not benefitting from people buying the clothes that bear his name.  

29 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Hugo Boss died over 75 years ago.  I'm pretty sure he's not benefitting from people buying the clothes that bear his name.  

My bigger thing about companies like this is that the time to take action against them was after WW2, not now. If they were such detestable people, why not shut them down then?

Like I said - many companies in the past made their money being Nazi, using slave labor, sweat shops, and various other bad actions. If they still do it - don't spend their money there.

And if you want to take that stance "once bad, always bad" - make sure you look at everything you buy.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Chopper said:

Wow this is so weird, almost on cue Elmo hugs an actual nazi,

image.thumb.png.5e4486147d7313090e14271c979501f4.png

So looked at Malema, got details ...

First - he isn't going to be elected prime minister, his party has maybe 15% support nationwide. So they won't be able to take power.

Now as for calling for genocide ... it's complicated - but he does use very incendiary language - specifically a song "Kill the Boer" which can be interpretable as that, though his group claims it's not. I will say the song isn't quite as far a "from the river to the sea ..." - which was coopted by terrorist groups and thus is associated with antisemitism. But it is language from an oppressed people about wanting to take back that which they feel was taken from them. And it is pretty fiery.

Gifted article on the topic - https://wapo.st/42w5B62

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BeardIP said:

How do you feel about modern day companies like Nike and Apple using child labor?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Anybody read up on the cobalt mines in Africa? Child labor, pregnant women, horrible safety, forced labor, complete environmental destruction- ground water, air, land. Pretty every bad thing you can imagine. 

There are cobalt mines in Canada, maybe a few other places, that have better records, but all the cobalt ends up in the same stream. And there is no way to know where the cobalt in your cell phone, laptop,  or EV battery came from Africa or Canada. The two streams could be separated, but do you think Apple or Tesla wants that to happen?

horrifying read or listen: 

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2023/02/01/1152893248/red-cobalt-congo-drc-mining-siddharth-kara

interviews this author: 

image.png.0802f457ec33170dc266c11ca9d05371.png

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

I read about Lab grown diamonds about 20 years ago. One of the companies doing it was using Russian made machines they acquired when the Soviet Union fell. I'm sure some Russian made (or makes) a ton of money from them.

The entire lab grown diamond industry is drastically different now vs even like 4-5 years ago.

13 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Why do you hate the U.S. space program?

• Hook 'Em 2

i had a coke today.  read up about it afterwards.  water in it? same stuff that they drank during the rape of nanking.  sugar?  oops, thought i didn't know about the killing fields.  bright red can -- real bright red, white lettering, a little to maga hat if you ask me.  caramel color like this is some minstrel show.  phosphoric acid was good tho.  unless you don't like war crimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

17 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

That NASA wasn’t building concentration camps, and math isn’t forever tainted if the guy who wrote the proof had a bad history.   It’s not like we agreed to do our own Holocaust to recruit those scientists over to our project or build on their work.

Elon isn't building concentration camps either. Dude is just a nazi like the scientific foundation of our rocket and space industry. I don't like elon but it's just the unpleasant reality of the US space and missile program. 

12 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Well, we kind of had World War where we defeated the Nazis and liberated Western Europe.  I think that gave us some moral high ground on the issue.  Elon didn’t go work for Tesla after Tesla defeated his Neo-Nazi militia and forced them to change their ways.  He is currently embracing fascist nonsense.

Oh ok. So we can just whitewash the fact we took the creators of the V2 terror program that killed 9k brits and 12k laborers because we won the war.  Stop being such a pussy and acknowledge the ugly contradiction of american space superiority. This is our history. A brutal and unfortunate reality but a reality nonetheless. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

Edited by Pasken
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Oh ok. So we can just whitewash the fact we took the creators of the V2 terror program that killed 9k brits and 12k laborers because we won the war.  Stop being such a pussy and acknowledge the ugly contradiction of american space superiority. This is our history. A brutal and unfortunate reality but a reality nonetheless. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

Why are you even mad?

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

“Actually, Elon Musk currently embracing Nazi nonsense is not that bad.  What you should be mad at today is the fact that America didn’t execute every single Nazi in the 1940s, and some of them were even allowed to renounce Nazism and work in the war effort against the Nazis and then in the Cold War against the USSR.”

No one said it wasn't that bad. All I did was note the historical correlation and some of y'all got really triggered by it. If you don't want to talk about it in the thread then don't talk about but let's not make shit up about what people said to make your point.

Edited by Pasken

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

Anyone want to talk about Agent Orange while we're doing  . . . whatever it is that we're doing now

No. Let's argue about the treatment of the Native Americans and if it should be considered genocide or not.

41 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

NASA, BMW, etc. never did anything like providing a public platform for Nazis/racists to spread their message around the world while signing off on the messaging.  

No, they didn't provide a social media platform during WWII. They just profited off the war effort by enabling the Nazis to wage a world war while also using slave labor to save on costs.

Not nearly as bad as hosting a social media platform.

4 hours ago, Pasken said:

No one said it wasn't that bad. All I did was note the historical correlation and some of y'all got really triggered by it. If you don't want to talk about it in the thread then don't talk about but let's not make shit up about what people said to make your point.

Why do you feel the need to point this out? I guarantee you 95% of the people who have made a post in this thread know about this. It's not the intellectual dunk you think it is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1